Live from Oasis - February 17, 2019. 199 things I look forward to on a cruise.

John&LaLa

15 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

@Yorkvillain we need to check this out on Symphony.

Yes we do.  Although I'm a little nervous that John didn't give it a #number. Maybe it's his 200th favorite thing? 

EDIT: pencil me in for the fried cheesecake too 

Edited by Yorkvillain
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

I never saw a D/D+ line at the entrance to T1.  Only inside after security.

I actually never noticed the separate P and suites line outside the terminal before.  Pretty much just walked right in the regular entrance, no lines at all.  

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

I actually never noticed the separate P and suites line outside the terminal before.  Pretty much just walked right in the regular entrance, no lines at all.  

I think the best part of Terminal 1 is the large number of security stations to handle suites. 

42 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

#44 napping on the balcony

20190219_103830.jpg

That’s a big one, could stretch it into 4 or 5.

1. Nap on balcony 

2. Private lounger on balcony

3. Peace and quiet on balcony 

4. Suntan while napping on balcony 

5. Reading self to sleep on balcony 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I think the best part of Terminal 1 is the large number of security stations to handle suites. 

This will change soon.  Think it could have been a test run when we did not get our sea pass cards at check in counter for EN earlier this month.  They were above the cabin door once cabins were ready on day one.

Asked agent at counter how many were losing their jobs.  "Most of them" was the answer, will only be a handful of counter check in agents for special circumstances. You will go directly on board using your bar coded set sail pass and passport shown to agent before security scanners.  Picture taken at desk before you walk onto ship.  

Edited by island lady

Enjoying your "musings" Thanks for the review. I see that you live in Cocoa Beach and we will be there in December for a Christmas Cruise on the Mariner. Would you share what hotel and restaurants you would recommend night before the cruise? Also I see that you did a similar review of the Mariner. Where would I find that review? Thanks.

17 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Minus all points.

Add all subtracted points and double them.

@Yorkvillain we need to check this out on Symphony.

We have bread like this before for the last 15 plus years, at a place called Jack Astor’s, here in Canada. If it is anything like theirs this is a Jackpot.

Andrew, at the absolute risk of going WAY off topic, you can recreate this easily at home. Get a pkg of Rosemary Pull-part bread at M&M Meats, heat as per directions, throw a pile of garlic butter on it, and indulge. RIP your waistline.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Yorkvillain said:

Yes we do.  Although I'm a little nervous that John didn't give it a #number. Maybe it's his 200th favorite thing? 

EDIT: pencil me in for the fried cheesecake too 

It's because I wasn't looking forward to it. I didnt know it existed. 😉

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

That’s a big one, could stretch it into 4 or 5.

1. Nap on balcony 

2. Private lounger on balcony

3. Peace and quiet on balcony 

4. Suntan while napping on balcony 

5. Reading self to sleep on balcony 

Um, you left off Balcony Club. 😉

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, blueridgemama said:

Enjoying your "musings" Thanks for the review. I see that you live in Cocoa Beach and we will be there in December for a Christmas Cruise on the Mariner. Would you share what hotel and restaurants you would recommend night before the cruise? Also I see that you did a similar review of the Mariner. Where would I find that review? Thanks.

My Mariner review was 28 days pre dry dock. We sailed from Singapore to Barcelona via Dubai.  Totally different ship now.

I'll follow up with some hotels soon

1 minute ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

Is there anyway for you to check on the lunch prices for Sabor and the Izumi Hibachi?  I am trying to if there is a difference in the dinner pricing.

Sure, maybe tomorrow when I see if Hibachi is available on UDP.  Not sure about Sabor, but Izumi used to be $10 cheaper at lunch

Edited by John&LaLa

2 hours ago, island lady said:

This will change soon.  Think it could have been a test run when we did not get our sea pass cards at check in counter for EN earlier this month.  They were above the cabin door once cabins were ready on day one.

Asked agent at counter how many were losing their jobs.  "Most of them" was the answer, will only be a handful of counter check in agents for special circumstances. You will go directly on board using your bar coded set sail pass and passport shown to agent before security scanners.  Picture taken at desk before you walk onto ship.  

Someone has to take picture.  😉

Lunch menu at Coastal Kitchen. Oasis has the best CK lunch I've experienced so far.

20190219_123037.jpg

This menu is usually served when ship is in Labadee.  The F&B Manager was hosting the Labadee Mgmt team for lunch up here. 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1