castles in europe

mystik

6 minutes ago, mystik said:

I've done alot of cruising but i have a couple who have not they want to the more castles possible. I was thinking the baltics or northern europe. Does anyone have any ideas.

Ā 

Forgot to say they don't want to do river cruise just cruise

Ā 

48 minutes ago, mystik said:

I've done alot of cruising but i have a couple who have not they want to the more castles possible. I was thinking the baltics or northern europe. Does anyone have any ideas.

If your desire is to cruise the Baltics or northern Europe, you will generally see palacesĀ rather than castles. There are gorgeous palaces to visit on a Baltic cruise ... particularly in St. Petersburg.

How about a cruise around the British Isles? Ā Ā  We had our fill of castles on our last one - almost every port had a tour to one somewhere nearby, Edinburgh being the obvious day long visit. Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 

Several castles in Denmark close to Copenhagen -Ā Ā Rosenborg Castle, Fredensborg Castle (Queens Summer Castle), FrederiksborgĀ Castle and the gardens as well as KronborgĀ Castle (Hamlet Castle) - in Copenhagen also Amalienborg (Royal palace) and Christiansborg castle (the parliament) - might even have forgotten some.

There are castles fairly convenient to almost all ports in the U.K.

Plenty of castles in other parts of Europe, but I'm not familiar with too many near seaports.Ā 

For instance a high proportion of those in Germany are inland or along the Rhine Valley.

The Loire Valley has more chateaux than you can shake a stick at, tho they're more stately homes than "castles". But you'll find a fewĀ castles on most European itineraries.

Ā 

can I suggest you short-list a few cruises based on other factors, then check out convenient castles - including listing those ports on this thread.

Ā 

JBĀ :classic_smile:

Ā 

25 minutes ago, Slugsta said:

Ā 

Yes, the 'ABC' (Another Blinking Castle) trips can get a bit samey sometimes. I can manage one a day, OH less so.

Ā 

I can also OD on Gothic cathedrals.Ā šŸ˜‰

Ā 

Roz