When was your first Royal cruise?

Wolffie89

It was either Vision OTS or Empress OTS; can't remember which one was first!  I do remember Empress, at the time, being an incredible experience that felt a step above the mainstream line, almost like Celebrity.  Small, warm, and friendly.  Still my favorite RCI ship, though I've never been on an Oasis class!

April 10, 2005.  Explorer of the Seas out of  Miami.  Ports were Belize City, Costa Maya,  Cozumel and Grand Cayman.  We actually had people miss the ship in Belize, Costa Maya and Cozumel.  Since this was our first cruise we thought that this was probably the norm. 

April 12 was our 25th anniversary and it would be the first time we would be on vacation without our children.  I was worried that we would sit across from each other on the first night in the dining room and have almost nothing to say to each other that didn't revolve around the kids and I found out later she had the same fear.  Turned out our fears were unfounded and it was a great cruise. It was even better than we could have hoped for.  

We will be on the Jewel OTS TA in April for our 39th.

Song of Norway, October 1973.  6 months later on the Sun Viking when we went back for a TWO week cruise, and next week we begin our 50th wedding anniversary cruise odyssey.  This will go on our cabin door.  Shhhhhh.....it's a surprise for Mr. pcur:

image.png.4ffd738b926d1cf0bbe985e0a7592417.png

• Like 1

On 3/5/2019 at 10:38 AM, balkor2 said:

Bermuda is awesome ...

How do you feel in regards to Mickey to Royal

Disney Cruises are great.....However, if you are going to charge twice as much you should be twice as good. That they are not.

Majesty of the Seas 2003. I took my grandsons, then ages 14 and 10. The oldest sulked all the way down to Miami, he didn't want to go because " it will be SO boring!"   Fast forward 5 days and he was in tears when we had to leave to come home,he had such a good time..... he asked " when can we come again?"   We're still sailing.   

Edited by emdia43
  • Like 1