Current Pinnacle Grille menu?

BTwurddle

Does anyone have a current or recent menu from the Pinnacle grill? Particularly Signature or Vista class? We will be sailing on Nieuw Amsterdam although I would assume (possibly foolishly) standard PG menus would be similar if not the same across the fleet. It's been several years since we've sailed HAL and have heard PG has changed the menu since then. Thanks so much in advance and happy cruising everyone!

The one on Roger's website was the one I had on the Prinsendam in December and on the Amsterdam last August.  I believe I read somewhere on these boards that the menu on the Nieuw Statendam was different than the menu on the other ships. Perhaps it is being tested and will be rolled out on the other ships after a while. 

1 hour ago, CruiseRQA said:

The menu shows that they serve "choice" beef?

Nothing wrong with that but not what a premier steak house would serve. 

I’m a northwesterner (Oregon) and know Double R Ranch beef.  It’s only sold at local markets and high end / farm to table restaurants.  The product is very good and they really don’t follow traditional grading rules.  I’ll be happy with it in the Pinnacle.   

• Like 4

7 hours ago, CruiseRQA said:

After reading several recent threads about the PG, there have been many posts who complain about the quality of the beef used in the last couple of years. I agree Choice is what you get at a grocery store or at Outback Steak House, not what you would see at any premier steak house. 

8 hours ago, OR_Cowboy_1952 said:

I’m a northwesterner (Oregon) and know Double R Ranch beef.  It’s only sold at local markets and high end / farm to table restaurants.  The product is very good and they really don’t follow traditional grading rules.  I’ll be happy with it in the Pinnacle.   

My PG 10oz filet 2 weeks ago was excellent, perfectly cooked, and almost fork tender. I was happy. 

• Like 2

When we dined in the Pinnacle a couple of nights ago on the Rotterdam our waiter Jerry informed us new menu for the Pinnacle is coming in March.  I had read that it was happening mid-February but no change yet.   No matter what someone's ox will probably be gored.  The halibut?  the steak tartare?   Kurobota pork chops?  Lobster bisque?  Cioppino?  It is always difficult to change a menu where everyone is familiar with.   I am hoping that they add some veal again.  I am sure it will be posted on CC as soon as it breaks.   Our dinner pics.  I must note our second dinner the house peeled carrots was the "baby carrots" nuggets like we get at the grocery.   

pork chop 21219.jpg

shrimp cocktail 21919.jpg

steak 21219.jpg

• Like 2

At least the Double R beef is free of added synthetic  hormones, antibiotics and the animals are fed a natural diet.

a lot of your “ premium” beef in the USA is full of disgusting additives and the reason why it is banned in Europe.

14 hours ago, CruiseRQA said:

Actually  the beef  is well above CHOICE...it is PRIME which is way above.!!!!.    I dont think  Double R /Snake river sell choice   Only prime, Kobe/ select 

I trained professionally in culinary school.and Double R Ranch is part of Snake River Ranch,    This is the supplier  to Thomas Kellers, Per Se and French Laundry,  Wolfgang Puck's .., and His others.   Cat Cora,   ...   

While food is somewhat subjective,  the shear number of some of the top Chefs in the world, both just USA  who all use Double R/Snake River Ranch ( look them up)   is rather impressive,    It is the GOLD standard of  US meat and what the most demanding Chefs in the  world choose...  They also supply the Kubota Pork too..     

Your right its not what premier steak places serve....it is by far Superior.        Its what Michelin *** serve !    I know of only 3 or 4 places   in the USA and Europe  that serve   this quality...mainly the dry aged  30 to 60 day which some love but others find the taste funny   

His is as good as you can get...short of Select KOBE    at $150 a lb   

• Like 3

4 hours ago, fatcat04 said:

My PG 10oz filet 2 weeks ago was excellent, perfectly cooked, and almost fork tender. I was happy. 

Thomas Keller  turned me on to Snake River  DoubleR....   I live in California  and  after tasting it its beyond anything I can get in Calif, Colorado  etc       It worth it  to pay $$$$ to have it fed ex to me... its what I have in my freezer right now....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

Actually  the beef  is well above CHOICE...it is PRIME which is way above.!!!!.    I dont think  Double R /Snake river sell choice   Only prime, Kobe/ select 

I trained professionally in culinary school.and Double R Ranch is part of Snake River Ranch,    This is the supplier  to Thomas Kellers, Per Se and French Laundry,  Wolfgang Puck's .., and His others.   Cat Cora,   ...   

While food is somewhat subjective,  the shear number of some of the top Chefs in the world, both just USA  who all use Double R/Snake River Ranch ( look them up)   is rather impressive,    It is the GOLD standard of  US meat and what the most demanding Chefs in the  world choose...  They also supply the Kubota Pork too..     

Your right its not what premier steak places serve....it is by far Superior.        Its what Michelin *** serve !    I know of only 3 or 4 places   in the USA and Europe  that serve   this quality...mainly the dry aged  30 to 60 day which some love but others find the taste funny   

His is as good as you can get...short of Select KOBE    at $150 a lb   

Then maybe HAL should drop the word "Choice" from the menu in their description of the steaks served in the PG, it just confuses the issue. 

"Located in Washington State, the  “Double R Ranch’ is widely recognized as the premier beef brand in the Northwest, part of sustainable beef production that supports numerous family farms and ranches. Their beef is hand selected to include only USDA Choice and higher levels of marbling"

Edited by terrydtx

Just now, terrydtx said:

Then maybe HAL should drop the word "Choice" in their description of the steaks served in the PG, it just confuses the issue.

Maybe its what the copy writers  assumed  people will think Choice is better than Prime....  Word identification

I pay retail and buy direct  Double R has Prime  and Black Grade  and Gold Grade   which is Border line Kobe and Kobe. style..        $ 50 to 150 a lb  w/o shipping   ( cool bags they ship in)

I noticed on this menu that "Colorado" had been dropped from the lamb chops description.  I also remember thinking when I ordered them on Zaandam in January that they were difficult to cut & very chewy. First time I had this problem.  Wonder where they are getting them now.  I hope this was just a fluke - they are one of my favorites on the menu.

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Then maybe HAL should drop the word "Choice" from the menu in their description of the steaks served in the PG, it just confuses the issue. 

"Located in Washington State, the  “Double R Ranch’ is widely recognized as the premier beef brand in the Northwest, part of sustainable beef production that supports numerous family farms and ranches. Their beef is hand selected to include only USDA Choice and higher levels of marbling"

I find it hard to believe that people would think that Choice is better than Prime beef.  This from a grocer for over 50 years.

22 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

I find it hard to believe that people would think that Choice is better than Prime beef.  This from a grocer for over 50 years.

I agree the Choice is better than Select but nowhere close to Prime in quality. My two experiences with steak in the PG were less than good, both times the meat was tough and tasteless. Had a much better steak in the Tamarind than the PG with the wasabi crusted tenderloin, you could cut it with a fork.

We have a PG  for two from the Explore 4 Promo for our July Alaska cruise and I will most likely pass on the steaks and try the Alaska Crab legs, the pork chops or the lamb chops. I wonder if the crab legs are good?

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

I agree the Choice is better than Select but nowhere close to Prime in quality. My two experiences with steak in the PG were less than good, both times the meat was tough and tasteless. Had a much better steak in the Tamarind than the PG with the wasabi crusted tenderloin, you could cut it with a fork.

We have a PG  for two from the Explore 4 Promo for our July Alaska cruise and I will most likely pass on the steaks and try the Alaska Crab legs, the pork chops or the lamb chops. I wonder if the crab legs are good?

My normal PG order is the crab legs.  On the Konigsdam, I told a friend that I would love to just get a photo of the President's Cut (36-oz ribeye steak) and a friend ofered to share it with me.  It is big enouigh with sides to feed a family of four and is also available for $75 surcharge in the MDR. I manage to eat only half of my half.

image.png.b01760eb85eb3be3262769f1fee7db97.png

image.png.131d1c74ade20bfac19b7b4b69a5ffe3.png

Edited by Crew News
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Crew News said:

It is big enouigh with sides to feed a family of four and is also available for $75 surcharge in the MDR. I manage to eat only half of my half.

Was it as good as it looks? The last time we were in Florence Italy, 4 of us ordered "Steak Florentine"  which is a Porterhouse steak about that size, and it looked a lot like your rib eye. It was better than any US Premium steak house I have every visited. 

How has your experience been with the PG crab legs?

19 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

When we dined in the Pinnacle a couple of nights ago on the Rotterdam our waiter Jerry informed us new menu for the Pinnacle is coming in March.  I had read that it was happening mid-February but no change yet.   No matter what someone's ox will probably be gored.  The halibut?  the steak tartare?   Kurobota pork chops?  Lobster bisque?  Cioppino?  It is always difficult to change a menu where everyone is familiar with.   I am hoping that they add some veal again.  I am sure it will be posted on CC as soon as it breaks.   Our dinner pics.  I must note our second dinner the house peeled carrots was the "baby carrots" nuggets like we get at the grocery.   

pork chop 21219.jpg

shrimp cocktail 21919.jpg

steak 21219.jpg

It looks like they’re down to 3 shrimp in the shrimp cocktail. My latest trip to PG it was 4. DH’s last trip (9 years ago) it was 5. He’s going to be disappointed.

27 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

It looks like they’re down to 3 shrimp in the shrimp cocktail. My latest trip to PG it was 4. DH’s last trip (9 years ago) it was 5. He’s going to be disappointed.

I know you get charged extra, if you order two entrees in the PG, does that apply to extra appetizers like the Shrimp Cocktail? If not I would order two and get 6 shrimp. I know in the MDR you can order more than 1 of anything at no extra charge.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1