Ideas for fun "cuise" gifts for cruising friends

fletch1027

We're cruising on the Allure in 4 weeks with friends of ours and I'm looking for ideas for a small "cruise gift" to get them that will be of use on the cruise. For example, they already got us lanyards and last time we cruised with them, we got them boca towel clips. 

Let me know what kind of clever ideas y'all can think of! 😀

30 minutes ago, fletch1027 said:

We're cruising on the Allure in 4 weeks with friends of ours and I'm looking for ideas for a small "cruise gift" to get them that will be of use on the cruise. For example, they already got us lanyards and last time we cruised with them, we got them boca towel clips. 

Let me know what kind of clever ideas y'all can think of! 😀

The dollar store has a very cute lanyard for seapass cards (get a hole punched in it by guest services).  It has a blue anchor symbol and will remind you of the crown and anchor!  $1 each

Battery operated candles, personalized door sign, hand sanitizer, sunblock, a waterproof beach bag, over the door shoe hanger. 

Personalized door signs sound like a great idea! Where can those be found? Someone like Etsy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Christmas of 2017 we took our family on the Anthem, and I gave everyone a nautical gift bag containing chapstick, germ gel, Boca clips, lanyards, luggage tags, little fans that connect to a cell phone, foil packets of sun screen, candy, battery-operated tea lights (nice as a nightlight or for use on the balcony table), plus a note telling them they each had OBC. 

• Like 1

Christmas of 2017 we took our family on the Anthem, and I gave everyone a nautical gift bag containing chapstick, germ gel, Boca clips, lanyards, luggage tags, little fans that connect to a cell phone, foil packets of sun screen, candy, battery-operated tea lights (nice as a nightlight or for use on the balcony table), plus a note telling them they each had OBC. 

That’s awesome! You’re very thoughtful!

Cute magnetic small whiteboard for their door, and a couple of those awesome magnetic hooks and clips from amazon.  The hooks are strong enough to hold a hoody or many other light clothes (I put my empty beach bag on one, a hoody on another, and DH uses his for his hat).  I use the clips to hold our tickets, the daily planners, etc.

9 hours ago, fletch1027 said:

Personalized door signs sound like a great idea! Where can those be found? Someone like Etsy?

I just bought personalized door magnets for the 8 couples going on our cruise from Cynthia Young Designs on Etsy.  I ordered on a Monday, approved the proof that evening and they arrived on Thursday.  Excellent service.

On 2/24/2019 at 3:50 PM, KelJ said:

Great ideas!!!!

I ordered cruise luggage tags on Amazon for our family and friends. They're plastic and reusable and very inexpensive. I added those to towel clips and magnetic hooks. Found them all on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Cruise-Luggage-Holder-Seal-Steel/dp/B01E4SQNLS/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=1TYZFMR1K2UGF&keywords=cruise+luggage+tags+royal+caribbean&qid=1551146051&s=gateway&sprefix=cruise+lu%2Caps%2C155&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

On 2/24/2019 at 3:50 PM, KelJ said:

Love this!  Just used this to round out a fun beach bag for my son and his GF - it's her first cruise so I know she'll have fun with it and those boca clips were too adorable to resist!

On 2/24/2019 at 2:16 PM, fletch1027 said:

I’m a crafty person so I make mine. Buy some cruising related stickers (look in the scrapbooking section of your craft store for really nice ones) and add their first names and city, state. 

Sadly, I’ve had generic ones (like magnets) stolen, so always put names and city/state on them somewhere. I’ve also found some cute items on Amazon like this porthole sticker!  I just used permanent marker and write our names in the “water”.

9C19C857-FDDB-4821-B5CC-12891B64B249.jpeg

I have been following this thread to get ideas  for a swag bag for DW’s 50th BD celebration. Some really good ideas here. Can anyone recommend a water proof pouch or container to place cellphones, ID and Money in?

We got this before our last trip and loved it.  Could fit 2 phones, my kindle (with the case off), money, ID.  Different colors are different prices.  We have a blue one that it appears they aren’t currently offering.

not waterproof, but will lock to your chair 🙂

EB5B0188-3161-482E-91E0-9C8162EC95F3.jpeg

Edited by vacationlover_mn