LIVE review: Navigator of the Seas ABC Islands (1st-10th March)

EmilyJay

11 minutes ago, Ronaldo807 said:

Have a safe trip! I'm sure you will post these as they come along, but I would like to know/see the following if you have the time:

• Pictures of the splash pad/kids pool area (not the waterslides)
  • What the limit is for the drink package on this ship? It used to be $12 for non-Oasis class ships, but some reports are saying $13 fleet wide now.
  • Bamboo Room drink menu. I saw one for a different ship and they had quite a few cocktails above the beverage package limit so it will be interesting to see if they are included or not.
  • Hooked Happy Hour menu

I will find these out for you. I was reading about the possible new limit on the drinks package today so I will definitely let you know this on day 1. 

• Like 1

We're really curious on the layout of the new Adventure Ocean room is, on Navigator it's now one big area so curious how they will do the different age groups they typically had in different rooms in the old layout (This approach is new to the fleet).

• Like 1

I am also interested in the drinks package limit. On the Symphony it was great as I knew everything under $15 was included (which was most things). I hope the limit is lifted to $13 as it would include the bamboo room drinks!

I’m on the Navigator 2 months today so I am eager to read your review!

7 hours ago, EmilyJay said:

We fly out of Heathrow on Thursday and are staying pre-cruise near the port, time to get the ironing done and the packing sorted! Any questions, let me know.

We are also flying out of Heathrow Thursday who are you flying with?

We are staying at the Hyatt

1 hour ago, Ronaldo807 said:

Have a safe trip! I'm sure you will post these as they come along, but I would like to know/see the following if you have the time:

• Pictures of the splash pad/kids pool area (not the waterslides)
  • What the limit is for the drink package on this ship? It used to be $12 for non-Oasis class ships, but some reports are saying $13 fleet wide now.
  • Bamboo Room drink menu. I saw one for a different ship and they had quite a few cocktails above the beverage package limit so it will be interesting to see if they are included or not.
  • Hooked Happy Hour menu

Found online:

52001328_796431337397898_799079565157995

We will be on the 3/15 sailing. If you happen to find out any of the following we'd love to know a few things. My youngest would like to know if there are height minimums for the water slides. My older son wants to know if the dining package will work at Johnny Rockets as he is hoping to use it for lunch. My friends going with us want to know if the R bar still has espresso and cucumber martinis.

I can't wait to read your review.

Thanks for doing the review! We’ll be sailing Navigator on March 15, so interested in reading your thoughts on the changes and the island stops, as this is a new itinerary for us. Also interested in what you think of the inside room, since we’ll be inside on deck 8.  Happy Sailing!

So excited to read your review as (the good lord willing) I will be on the 4/12/19 trip visiting same islands you are visiting.  I'm interested in many of the same things others are like the Ocean Club as my 12 year old will be sailing with me and my mother.  🍸 Here's to a safe and wonderful trip.

• Like 1

Looking forward to your review as we're sailing the ABC islands for the first time in May, although onboard Freedom.  In Aruba, we'll spend the day on Palm Beach and then a sunset cruise.  For Curacao, we're planning to go to Blue Bay Beach.  For Bonaire, we're looking forward to a Woodwind snorkel cruise.  Very interested to hear your thoughts on these islands. 

Looking forward to following along.

Can you check a couple of things for me please:

Arcade the cost for purchasing credits.  (Do you get a discount the more credits you buy)

What time main dinning is.  5:30 or 6:00

When you are in Aruba is the ship time the same as local time? 

13 hours ago, Jasonmom said:

So excited to read your review as (the good lord willing) I will be on the 4/12/19 trip visiting same islands you are visiting.  I'm interested in many of the same things others are like the Ocean Club as my 12 year old will be sailing with me and my mother.  🍸 Here's to a safe and wonderful trip.

Not too much longer until your trip!! I've had alot of requests for all things children related, so I will definitely try hard to find out all the info. I was hoping to be able to pick up the Children's Cruise Compass if I can and post them on here. 

13 hours ago, kknorr0320 said:

We will be on the 3/15 sailing. If you happen to find out any of the following we'd love to know a few things. My youngest would like to know if there are height minimums for the water slides. My older son wants to know if the dining package will work at Johnny Rockets as he is hoping to use it for lunch. My friends going with us want to know if the R bar still has espresso and cucumber martinis.

I can't wait to read your review.

I've had alot of requests especially for the water slide height restrictions so I will definitely find this out as I plan on riding them! 

I've heard mixed things for JR being included in the dining package, I will see if I can find out. Apparently this can vary ship to ship, however, I have a feeling it won't be included as JR is coming up as Johnny Rockets Express on the app and is described as a "Grab and go on your way to your next adventure." 

To the person who asked about the main dining room times- On the Royal App it says Early: 5.30pm and Late: 8.00pm.

10 hours ago, EmilyJay said:

Not too much longer until your trip!! I've had alot of requests for all things children related, so I will definitely try hard to find out all the info. I was hoping to be able to pick up the Children's Cruise Compass if I can and post them on here. 

If the RC website is to be believe, here are the restrictions:

BLASTER:

45" minimum, Under 48" must ride with an adult

400 lbs. max per raft (2 people)

RIPTIDE:

42" minimum

300 lbs. max

Day 1: Travel Day 

Currently en route to Heathrow. Unfortunately my westie Jack won’t be joining us on this holiday (much to his disgust), however with his pillow he could be a great chair hog by the pool 😂 

I will be using my phone from now on, so hoping the photo loaded ok? 

A few things I forgot to add in the beginning. 

- The Key was able to purchase in the cruise planner as soon as it was announced there was a thing called The Key. We decided against it. 

- Bidding for an upgrade on rooms was offered to seleceted people a week or so before sailing. Not us, guessing because we had an inside and because the cruise is technically full? 

9857C83D-86CA-4BFE-BE78-53EE982ACD96.jpeg

• Like 8

On 2/27/2019 at 2:32 AM, acthorson said:

Following! Our Symphony cruise is in 3.5 weeks and reading live reports helps the time go by faster.  Plus, Aruba is my FAVE place of all time (tied with Vegas) so I can’t wait t hear about it!

You’re my kind of person, Vegas is also my favourite place! Interested to see if Aruba will tie with it.