LIVE review: Navigator of the Seas ABC Islands (1st-10th March)

EmilyJay

I just saw a picture of the rules for the water slides. They say "Please secure eyeglasses with head straps to avoid losing them".  If you decide to go on the new slides can you find out if this is correct?  I have head straps that I have used before and am excited to think I can use water slide with my son and actually see where I'm going.   :classic_smile:

Have a good time.

Edited by Jasonmom
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, cynt said:

EmilyJay GETUP!! It's time to board the ship!! LOL!!! I'm so excited for you. 11 weeks from today I board the Navigator!!

I was up at 5am thanks to Jetlag!! 

We are ONBOARD. 

• Like 7

Day 2: EMBARKTION 

I was up at 5am thanks to Jetlag, plus the noise from the extremely thin walls of the hotel. 

We stayed at YVE hotel, 5 mins from port. The hotel is clean, great location but the noise was on another level. 

We left at 9.50am on a shuttle from our hotel, and were onboard by 10.20am. Rooms were available immediately which was lovely! 

We have an inside deck 7 cabin which was new carpet and from what I assume a new sofa. 

The ship has fresh carpets throughout and it smells incredible. 

I can comfirm there are 2 Freestyle soda machines on the Promanade and I haven’t been anywhere else but if I find anymore I will post about them. 

Wifi has been down up until now, and seems to be working ok at the moment. 

The Royal App also works for Navigator, and the daily planner comes up on there which is great and it can be used without paying for wifi. 

We have the famous hand washing song (which I actually like haha) at 4pm and sailaway at 5pm. 

I will write again later at the end of our day! 

So far so good. 

• Like 4

Excited for your review...great to see all the pictures.

Good to hear too that there are Freestyle machines as it was indicated that they would not be there.  On Mariner, I think there were also ones in Windjammer ontop of Promenade.

25 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

Emily- Can you please check and see if the new fitness center has steam/sauna like the old one did when it was at the front of the ship?

Also any pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

I believe the fitness centre isn't open yet. 

4 minutes ago, CazV said:

I believe the fitness centre isn't open yet. 

4 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Love the ala carte Johnny Rockets menu!  Much better for us than the fixed price.

Dan

Unsure on the fitness centre just yet. I will try and find out, there are treadmills in the Solarium tucked out the way but they overlook the ocean. 

I am impressed with the JR prices, I expected it to cost more. I’m yet to find out if it’s included in the ultimate dining package, but I don’t think it is. 

2 minutes ago, EmilyJay said:

I am impressed with the JR prices, I expected it to cost more. I’m yet to find out if it’s included in the ultimate dining package, but I don’t think it is. 

I agree the prices look reasonable.  What I like is the ability to order enough for our family so share, rather than hitting each one of us with a fixed price.  We will definitely make use of this now, whereas before we only used it to get a shake once in a while.

I wonder what the "Adult Shake" is.  Is it simply a larger size, or is it a shake with alcohol added?

Would love to see the Playmakers menu and how late you can order food until in the evening.  Is it all of the way 'till midnight when they close?

Dan

Edited by The Fun Researcher
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

I wonder what the "Adult Shake" is.  Is it simply a larger size, or is it a shake with alcohol added?

Would love to see the Playmakers menu and how late you can order food until in the evening.  Is it all of the way 'till midnight when they close?

Dan

They mention Spiked Shakes on the website so I guess that will be the Adult Shake. 

I'm also keen to know how late I can get food lol 

Actually not so impressed with JR prices. Believe they are higher than Anthem and, unlike most other RC ships, it’s not a sit down meal with service.

Given the poolside location (where many cruise lines have free and easy grab and go food), a bit disappointed that a family of 4 is looking to spend probably close to $40 just for a simple order of a burger and fries. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, EmilyJay said:

Day 2: EMBARKTION 

I

I can comfirm there are 2 Freestyle soda machines on the Promanade and I haven’t been anywhere else but if I find anymore I will post about them. 

Thanks for all the interesting posts, and this update. For some reason it seemed like Navigator and Liberty were never going to get these. 

13 minutes ago, Cruising305 said:

Actually not so impressed with JR prices. Believe they are higher than Anthem and, unlike most other RC ships, it’s not a sit down meal with service.

Given the poolside location (where many cruise lines have free and easy grab and go food), a bit disappointed that a family of 4 is looking to spend probably close to $40 just for a simple order of a burger and fries. 

They do need to get back their $115 mill back from all those renovations 😁

Emily,

Thank you for your posts. We are on April 12 sailing and on the same sailing but in reverse order. Our room is interior as well but on deck 8. Unfortunately, there will be 4 of us (kids are taking their first voyage 🙂 ). Is that sofa a pull down ?

Thank you!

Tasha

4 minutes ago, Wonder18 said:

I was under the impression that Johnny Rockets was one set price like 7.95 or 9.95 all you can eat  and Drinks were extra. 

That was the old Johnny Rockets.  The Johnny Rockets on Quantum class ships are priced per item, and it appears this has been extended to Navigator.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, natiknc1 said:

Emily,

Thank you for your posts. We are on April 12 sailing and on the same sailing but in reverse order. Our room is interior as well but on deck 8. Unfortunately, there will be 4 of us (kids are taking their first voyage 🙂 ). Is that sofa a pull down ?

Thank you!

Tasha

Inside staterooms like that, with the sofa as a loveseat, do not pull out. Instead, the beds pull down from the ceiling, one on each side.