Navigator Drydock: would you sail first sailing after?

We are slightly considering booking the first sailing after the current drydock (April 7) on the Navigator due to good pricing for the type of room we are looking for. I know some people are hesitant to book the first sailing after significant work is done for a number of reasons. What is your opinion? Would you do it? Also, other than adding all of the waterslides, etc... what other changes will be made? I've read some not some favorable reviews about the condition of the ship and staterooms prior to the drydock and was curious as to whether you anticipate these things to be improved after the current work. General opinions about the ship would be welcomed as well! Thanks! 

1 minute ago, mrsgthatsme said:

We are slightly considering booking the first sailing after the current drydock (April 7) on the Navigator due to good pricing for the type of room we are looking for. I know some people are hesitant to book the first sailing after significant work is done for a number of reasons. What is your opinion? Would you do it? Also, other than adding all of the waterslides, etc... what other changes will be made? I've read some not some favorable reviews about the condition of the ship and staterooms prior to the drydock and was curious as to whether you anticipate these things to be improved after the current work. General opinions about the ship would be welcomed as well! Thanks! 

Navigators first sailing is March 1

44 minutes ago, dacsmom said:

The only reason I would be hesitant to book the first cruise after drydock is the risk of cancellation if it takes longer than expected. So my answer is no, I would not book it.

This happened to us once.  Would never take that chance again.  

• Thanks 1

No, I would not chance it, especially since they did in fact cancel the first cruise that was scheduled after dry dock for the Amped Navigator.

If they could guarantee that the first sailing would be a go, then I would probably be o.k. with booking it.  However, there is no guarantee.  It could deal with the shake down that happens the first sailing or two, or more. 

Dan

I'm on March 1st sailing, had I of known she was going into dry dock I never would have booked within the first month of her completion. I had no idea about dry dock when I booked and ended up on the 2nd sailing after, which is now the 1st as the Feb 24th was cancelled.

I think you'll be absolutely fine on your sailing. 

First cruise on 24 February was cancelled.  Good video of ship just posted by Royal  (although a lot of talking heads) at https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/video/1085/navigator-of-the-seas-royal-amplified-epk/

This was posted by CazV on the last page of the Navigator drydock thread: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2490230-navigator-of-the-seas-drydock/?page=22

Edited by LeeW
more