MSC 10% off Coupon - US Site

thetaro

2 hours ago, Brendaflamingo said:

...............If it’s not going your way try back to another person.  Sometimes I get good help and sometimes I don’t. 

That is MSC for you. One hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing.

On 3/7/2019 at 11:00 PM, plimouth pilgrims said:

Called my TA and he applied the code to an existing YC sailing save us $632.

It worked easily with your TA?

My TA told me MSC told her it is only for new bookings and cannot apply this to an existing one.

Since I am on the YC amd booked prior to the drink changes, I am afraid to cancel and rebook since then I would for sure lose the old drink package (I booked prior to the change).

Thanks

1 hour ago, nayuval said:

My TA told me MSC told her it is only for new bookings and cannot apply this to an existing one.

Since I am on the YC amd booked prior to the drink changes, I am afraid to cancel and rebook since then I would for sure lose the old drink package (I booked prior to the change).

Thanks

I agree, definitely not worth losing the old drink package.  That is why we only cancelled one of our bookings and left the other 3 as they were.  They have the classic drink package on them.

2 hours ago, stoneman56 said:

Got it added to an existing booking for next year. Phoned UK number and spoke to a lovely lady named Jackie who added it no problem at all.

Seriously?! I'm not sure whether to waste the voucher on an existing booking or whether to make a new one. I didn't book directly with MSC - I'm presuming you did?

Is it only 1 voucher per person - i.e. if I managed the same trick as you could, I get another code and also make a new booking? Or I could get a code in DW's name and book her as the primary occupant on any new booking I suppose.

I thought it was pretty clear it was only for new bookings hence my surprise at existing bookings (both US and UK) being able to benefit from this.

Edited by Captain-John

5 minutes ago, Captain-John said:

Seriously?! I'm not sure whether to waste the voucher on an existing booking or whether to make a new one. I didn't book directly with MSC - I'm presuming you did?

Is it only 1 voucher per person - i.e. if I managed the same trick as you could, I get another code and also make a new booking? Or I could get a code in DW's name and book her as the primary occupant on any new booking I suppose.

I thought it was pretty clear it was only for new bookings hence my surprise at existing bookings (both US and UK) being able to benefit from this.

Yes booked directly online. I thought I'd give it a go and just phoned and asked. She was really nice about it. I just said I have found a discount code and wondered if I could try it on my existing booking.

Yes you can use more than one. I made a booking online earlier today with a code. Then went back to the page where it came from and generated another code and phoned about having it applied to the booking I had already.  

Edited by stoneman56

Just now, stoneman56 said:

Yes booked directly online. I thought I'd give it a go and just phoned and asked. She was really nice about it. I just said I have found a discount code and wondered if I could try it on my existing booking. 

Yes you can use more than one. I made a booking online earlier today with a code. Then went back to the page where it came from and generated another code and phoned about having it applied to the booking I had already.  

Good stuff, thank you. I do suspect (although haven't been monitoring) that prices would have been increased prior to this promotion going live, so to me there's more value in getting it added to an existing booking (that may have been booked at an 'un-inflated' price).

I may try my luck with my T/A on my existing booking - final payment due in July - nothing to lose! And I'll print another code should I see a new booking opportunity before the deadline in April.

1 minute ago, Captain-John said:

Good stuff, thank you. I do suspect (although haven't been monitoring) that prices would have been increased prior to this promotion going live, so to me there's more value in getting it added to an existing booking (that may have been booked at an 'un-inflated' price).

I may try my luck with my T/A on my existing booking - final payment due in July - nothing to lose! And I'll print another code should I see a new booking opportunity before the deadline in April.

The price for our cruise hasn't been inflated, in fact we could have changed to a week earlier (because the cabin we wanted wasnt available on our date) and it was a couple hundred cheaper. 

Just now, stoneman56 said:

The price for our cruise hasn't been inflated, in fact we could have changed to a week earlier (because the cabin we wanted wasnt available on our date) and it was a couple hundred cheaper. 

Even better. 🙂 I have looked at some YC cruises into 2020 and the prices there are around £2K p.p which is a bit more than the rule of thumb I use (£1700) - but that could be particular to that sailing.

Just got my 10% discount.  I was really concerned that I would lose my YC extra wide stateroom.  However, my TA, was able to cancel and rebook and keep the same stateroom.  YIPPEE!  Just waiting for the confirmation as the Voyager 5% coupon now needs to be applied.  We saved $570.00!!!  I can't begin to thank the OP for the gift!    How much do you want to bet that MSC doesn't run a program like this again?  Their accounting department must be going crazy.  Plus, they lost that 10% revenue on all those sailings.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nayuval said:

Thanks

Yes , He told me at fist he would have to call them. Then after a few days, the weekend, he emailed me back with the new balance. This way for a YC booking as well.

• Like 1

I was able to get the 5% status match and the 10% off.  I had booked a cruise for Oct and did the status match and then I read about the 10% on CC.  I called on a Saturday and they said they would apply it but then they had difficulties but felt I was entitled to the 10% off  also and they sent an email to someone ( I forget what dept) and to call back Monday.  No solution on Monday, called back Tuesday.  Had to cancel and rebook - they took care of it on the phone.  Got email confirming but was about $50 more and the rep had said it would be because someone had to take care of the taxes taken off separately.  Took about 2 more days and everything is now fine - got the final email with the correct balances.  It wasn't until yesterday that my account on the website showed accurate numbers and details ( they had changed my gender to male and my husband's to female sigh).  Yes , it took awhile but I will say that every representative I spoke with was wonderful.  They tried their best.  I would say each call I made took about 15 minutes.  Sorry if this is rambling but just wanted to explain what I encountered.  Worked out and am looking forward to my first time on MSC :classic_smile:.

On 3/8/2019 at 6:41 PM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

it's 10% off only for the first 2 adult fares.... Doesn't apply to the child fare. 

Soooo, I did a mock booking two days ago and the 10% was applied to all guests. I went back online today to make the actual booking. Same prices, but now the 10% discount is only being applied to guest #1 but not to guest #2. Any idea why? (before I get on the phone with MSC)...

40 minutes ago, Tapi said:

Soooo, I did a mock booking two days ago and the 10% was applied to all guests. I went back online today to make the actual booking. Same prices, but now the 10% discount is only being applied to guest #1 but not to guest #2. Any idea why? (before I get on the phone with MSC)...

I don't know. This will be our first sailing with MSC. The 10% discount was applied to guests 1 and 2, before taxes, so it was only $100, instead of $170 I expected. Here is the email I received about the promotion (after I booked - lol):

PROMO TERMS AND CONDITIONS: 10% discount for new individual cruise bookings only excluding government fees and taxes (GFTS). Not valid for group bookings. Valid for all departures, excluding the MSC World Cruises, subject to availability. To get your discount, take the virtual tour, find the hidden hotspots and discover the promo code. Please take note of your code and use it to book your cruise through our website, our contact center or your travel agency. Discount is valid until April 21, 2019, and is only bookable on our website, through MSC Cruises Call Center or through your travel agent. Only one code can be used per booking/cabin and the discount is applicable only on the first and second passenger. The discount is combinable with the standard 5% MSC Voyagers Club discount only – not combinable with MSC Voyagers Club 5 + 5, 5 + 10 or 5 + 15 discounts. Offer combinable with the following promotions: 2 FOR 1, ALL IN DRINK + WIFI, ESCAPE TO SEA. MSC Cruises reserves the right to pass on any fuel surcharge without prior notice to all guests and refuse to honor any prices/sailings that are erroneously printed or quoted. For general bookings terms & conditions, inclusions, cancellation charges and other information, please refer to the MSC Cruises terms and conditions page. Offer subject to change. Promoted by MSC Cruises USA.

1 hour ago, Tapi said:

We had our TA call MSC and do it, it only applied to first person also.  I had to say no, that is not right. They had to go in and manually apply the discount.  Only would apply to one guest though.  So on our docs,, it states one person got all of the discount and second received none but it is right.  Thinking you will need to call. 

Is the discount still available?  I was looking at MSC this morning and could not find it anywhere.

2 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I don't know. This will be our first sailing with MSC. The 10% discount was applied to guests 1 and 2, before taxes, so it was only $100, instead of $170 I expected. Here is the email I received about the promotion (after I booked - lol):

PROMO TERMS AND CONDITIONS: 10% discount for new individual cruise bookings only excluding government fees and taxes (GFTS). Not valid for group bookings. Valid for all departures, excluding the MSC World Cruises, subject to availability. To get your discount, take the virtual tour, find the hidden hotspots and discover the promo code. Please take note of your code and use it to book your cruise through our website, our contact center or your travel agency. Discount is valid until April 21, 2019, and is only bookable on our website, through MSC Cruises Call Center or through your travel agent. Only one code can be used per booking/cabin and the discount is applicable only on the first and second passenger. The discount is combinable with the standard 5% MSC Voyagers Club discount only – not combinable with MSC Voyagers Club 5 + 5, 5 + 10 or 5 + 15 discounts. Offer combinable with the following promotions: 2 FOR 1, ALL IN DRINK + WIFI, ESCAPE TO SEA. MSC Cruises reserves the right to pass on any fuel surcharge without prior notice to all guests and refuse to honor any prices/sailings that are erroneously printed or quoted. For general bookings terms & conditions, inclusions, cancellation charges and other information, please refer to the MSC Cruises terms and conditions page. Offer subject to change. Promoted by MSC Cruises USA.

Those terms and conditions were available in the fine print on the promo page.  The promo (at least the virtual tour part) ended yesterday, but I guess you can redeem the code until April 21, 2019.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, houseofduck said:

Those terms and conditions were available in the fine print on the promo page.  The promo (at least the virtual tour part) ended yesterday, but I guess you can redeem the code until April 21, 2019.

I kept clicking on the promo to get to the fine print, but instead it took me on a tour and give me a code. I couldn't find the T&Cs anywhere...

5 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I kept clicking on the promo to get to the fine print, but instead it took me on a tour and give me a code. I couldn't find the T&Cs anywhere...

It may have been elsewhere, but I know it was on the page that had the actual promo code (still have it on my phone).  There was a link at the bottom to the terms and conditions for the promo.  This was for the US site.

23 hours ago, Captain-John said:

My TA has advised that this cannot be applied to existing bookings.

It was worth a shot!

But it can. I got it and several other people on this thread got it applied as well. 

I told them that - must depend on who they get at MSC's end. The strict wording of the T&C's is it's only for new bookings so if I push back too hard they'll have that to rely on.

Might try my luck with a different agent and hopefully they'll get someone different at MSC too.

38 minutes ago, stoneman56 said:

But it can. I got it and several other people on this thread got it applied as well. 

My travel agent called & couldn’t get it. The price has gone up around $800 so no advantage of canceling & rebooking. 

Is it just me or does this entire thread show how dysfunctional MSC's customer service is. Everyone had a different experience whether they booked through a TA or direct.

My TA was able to get the 10% but only after speaking with 3 different MSC reps who gave her 3 different stories. At one point, I was on a 3 way conversation with my TA and the MSC rep who finally agreed to apply the discount with a cancel and rebook.  I tried to get an actual price from the rep. The rep gave me a price for cruise fare only and told me that the discount didn't apply to the taxes which were over $600. I understand that the discounts don't apply to taxes but I really questioned the $600 amount since this was a 7 day Caribbean cruise. After she insisted that the taxes were indeed that much, she actually told me to take a calculator and deduct 15% from the cruise only fare myself to get a final price!! 

It took 3 days to get a final price from MSC with the 10% + 5% Voyager discount and that price was a bit cheaper than the original price sort of quoted. And, oh yeah, the taxes were only $284 for the two of us. So much for the $600 the rep insisted was correct. Another odd thing was that MSC wouldn't transfer the deposit to the new booking. They refunded the money on the original booking and posted a new charge for the rebook. That's never happened with a rebook on any other cruise line.

It was rough going, especially for my TA who spent several hours working on this but we're saving $335 from the price we originally booked and getting some free internet and a Cirque dinner show as well. 

• Like 1