How soon is luggage delivered to your room

Borman51

DH and I have cruised before, but not on Princess.  We will be driving to Fort Lauderdale in October for 10 day Panama cruise on Island Princess.  Is your luggage delivered to your stateroom before dinner?  I prefer not to bring our carry on luggage with us to lunch, but will do so with a change of clothes for dinner if necessary.

23 minutes ago, Borman51 said:

DH and I have cruised before, but not on Princess.  We will be driving to Fort Lauderdale in October for 10 day Panama cruise on Island Princess.  Is your luggage delivered to your stateroom before dinner?  I prefer not to bring our carry on luggage with us to lunch, but will do so with a change of clothes for dinner if necessary.

We try to be onboard right when boarding starts.

Luggage usually arrives after 3ish for us.

Don't remember ever getting it after dinner.

We always strive to be among the first to board the ship arriving at the terminal before 11 AM.  Our luggage usually appears in our cabin by 2 PM but in no case later than the mandatory safety briefing.  Later arrival at the port will of course result in later baggage in the cabin simply because the volume of bags increases as the number of pax increases.  

You can wear to dinner in the MDR what you wore to board the ship including shorts, tshirts etc.  You do not have to wait for your luggage to change for dinner. 

Edited by satxdiver

We were visiting DW's uncle on our Puerto Vallarta stop in Jan.  We had a plastic jug of maple syrup in our checked bag.  The bag got held up until mid evening so they could check it for liquor.  Princess left a polite note in the bag.

18 minutes ago, CeeCee59 said:

Princess usually has the cabins ready when you board, so you can drop off any carry-on before you go to lunch.  The first night in MDR is very casual.

I’m glad to hear they’ve changed back from the 1pm release of the cabins. I’ve hated having to wait. 

Over the past several years at 2-3 cruises per year, my luggage has always been delivered before dinner. Usually before Muster. The fastest was when I boarded at 11:45am and my bag was delivered at 11:50am. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pam in CA said:

Over the past several years at 2-3 cruises per year, my luggage has always been delivered before dinner. Usually before Muster. The fastest was when I boarded at 11:45am and my bag was delivered at 11:50am. 

Hi Pam,

Wow!!! and they call me Lucky.

Tony

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Pam,

Wow!!! and they call me Lucky.

Tony

It blew me away. I’d just gotten to my cabin and was checking the Patter when there was a knock on the door. It’ll never happen again. 🙂

1 minute ago, Pam in CA said:

It blew me away. I’d just gotten to my cabin and was checking the Patter when there was a knock on the door. It’ll never happen again. 🙂

Good luck Pam you never know. On my last cruise in January I just carried my luggage on the ship with me no problem at all.

I plan on doing it all the time now.

Tony

We were walking to our room to drop off our carry on and saw our luggage outside where they were bringing it up so we actually just grabbed our own and walked it to our room. 😉 Took a few photos of our room before it turned disaster and went down to lunch. 🙂 This was out of Los Angeles on the Emerald. 

2 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

Good luck Pam you never know. On my last cruise in January I just carried my luggage on the ship with me no problem at all.

Tony

I’m too old and lazy to carry my luggage on. I could but choose not to. Too much hassle. I dress nicely when I board so it doesn’t matter to me when my bag arrives. 

On every cruise we have been on, luggage has been delivered early so we were able to unpack before going to muster station. .....until last year in San Antonio, Chille; when bags did not arrive till after sail away....

We were most relieved when they eventually arrived. Had a change of clothes and swimsuit in carry on but that wouldn't have been much good as we rounded Cape Horn!

We didn't have anything in the bags that would have caused staff to take them to the 'Naughty Room'.!

6 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Tony

Yeah, but the Rowboat only has a tiny carry-on bag allowed, so one never needs to worry about delivery.

A tip if worried about bad delivery and if this situation ever works for you. 

On our two most recent cruises, we dropped bags off at the terminal early in the morning and returned later.  First one was in FLL/PE, when ship boarding was to be delayed due to a deep clean.  Second was recently in SYD, where we were staying a block from the port terminal and we spent the morning walking around The Docks area and downtown Sydney.  In both cases, all bags were waiting for us at the cabin when we boarded. 

Like everyone else, bags have always been there before dinner.  In fact, we are usually unpacked and setup before the safety drill. 

5 minutes ago, Borman51 said:

Thank you all for your answers.  A couple of follow up questions

1. What time is muster?

2. What time are we allowed in our staterooms? ( we just have a mini suite)

Thanks!

1) generally 45 minutes prior to sailing  unless it is a late departure.

2)1:00pm

15 hours ago, satxdiver said:

We always strive to be among the first to board the ship arriving at the terminal before 11 AM.  Our luggage usually appears in our cabin by 2 PM but in no case later than the mandatory safety briefing.  Later arrival at the port will of course result in later baggage in the cabin simply because the volume of bags increases as the number of pax increases.  

You can wear to dinner in the MDR what you wore to board the ship including shorts, tshirts etc.  You do not have to wait for your luggage to change for dinner. 

15 hours ago, satxdiver said:

It helps to know that the first night in the MDR is casual. Thanks

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Borman51 said:

Thank you all for your answers.  A couple of follow up questions

1. What time is muster? Usually around 3 PM

2. What time are we allowed in our staterooms? ( we just have a mini suite)

Thanks!

Sometimes they ask people not to use their cabins before 1 PM but you can always go to the cabin & drop off your luggage earlier and then go to lunch. 

26 minutes ago, floridalover5623 said:

Sometimes they ask people not to use their cabins before 1 PM but you can always go to the cabin & drop off your luggage earlier and then go to lunch. 

For those embarking for the first time it is not possible as fire doors are closed.