Relaxation Room

charlielinda

It is the waiting room for people having treatments (i.e. massages, facials etc.) at the spa. People in Aqua Class staterooms can also use it to hang out; comfortable seating, usually quiet and nice views of the sea.

14 minutes ago, Gonzo70 said:

It is the waiting room for people having treatments (i.e. massages, facials etc.) at the spa. People in Aqua Class staterooms can also use it to hang out; comfortable seating, usually quiet and nice views of the sea.

It appears to be for Aqua and waiting room for spa appointments but things have changed.  In my first couple of AQ cabins they actually enforced it, allowing only this in AQ to use it.  Lately they do not enforce it in my opinion.   Web site also used to say Exclusive use by AQ cabins, it no longer does doesn't even list it as a perk.  

Edited by dkjretired

2 hours ago, charlielinda said:

Just curious who can use it and how you get there?

Wouldn’t ordinarily change topics here but responded to your thread regarding 2162 early this morning...  Hope you enjoyed the cabin tour video to which I directed you!

1 hour ago, dkjretired said:

It appears to be for Aqua and waiting room for spa appointments but things have changed.  In my first couple of AQ cabins they actually enforced it, allowing only this in AQ to use it.  Lately they do not enforce it in my opinion.   Web site also used to say Exclusive use by AQ cabins, it no longer does doesn't even list it as a perk.  

On our cruise, it was being used for sales pitches for the Spa.  Selling lotions and it was NOT a Relaxation Room.  Not one on one but small group sales pitches.  NONE of them could read body language from a couple of us.

2 hours ago, dkjretired said:

It was strictly  enforced by key card on EDGE....after you visit the  reception desk..

Hopefully, it will be enforced uniformly on all ships as exclusive to  AQ class ... Rates for AQ class are rising... space is limited. Too many visitors diminshes the quality of the  relaxation experience..

We have been in Aqua and used it.

NEVER were asked if we were Aqua or not.

Id feel free to use it regardless of my cabin, it’s usually mostly empty.

Not a big ooh-ah either, a quiet place to read, a nice view of the front and some flavored water. 

2 hours ago, justcrusn said:

We have been in Aqua and used it.

NEVER were asked if we were Aqua or not.

Id feel free to use it regardless of my cabin, it’s usually mostly empty.

Not a big ooh-ah either, a quiet place to read, a nice view of the front and some flavored water. 

We like to sit there, since it is quiet and has a nice view.  We also have never been asked if we were Aqua or not.

Is it possible that some posters might be confusing Persian Gardens with Relaxation Room who were answering OP? The Persian Gardens does require a key card. It's free to Aqua class passengers and there are passes available to certain levels of Captains Club on port days and there are passes sold to anyone on the ship. I've never used the Relaxation Room on the S-class ships except prior to a spa treatment. I was under the impression that that area didn't require a special card. Does it?

1 hour ago, Luvcrusn said:

Is it possible that some posters might be confusing Persian Gardens with Relaxation Room who were answering OP? The Persian Gardens does require a key card. It's free to Aqua class passengers and there are passes available to certain levels of Captains Club on port days and there are passes sold to anyone on the ship. I've never used the Relaxation Room on the S-class ships except prior to a spa treatment. I was under the impression that that area didn't require a special card. Does it?

No special card was needed. It was NOT like going into the Persian Gardens.   I have just walked in and most of the time, enjoyed  the peace and quiet.  

Edited by keesar

13 hours ago, charlielinda said:

Just curious who can use it and how you get there?

On S class ships, like eclipse

On the starboard side, where the even numbered cabins are.

Go all the way to the front, there is a door, you can open it, no one is guarding it.

Inside is the relaxation room, a large picture window looking out the front.

some chairs and a couple of containers of fruit flavored water usually.

you will pass the “secret staircase” somewhere around 1520

1 hour ago, justcrusn said:

Go all the way to the front, there is a door, you can open it, no one is guarding it.

Also, they do not have the Relaxation room on the M class ships. 

EDGE is different....so I was mentioning how it worked on our  recent EDGE cruise..Spa there is not Canyon Ranch..

Also  hoping it  would be more uniformly enforced...sorry it is not.  Esp if too many start discovering it who are not AQ class guests ...AQ Class guests  are paying a premium for use of Relaxation  Rm and thermal suites/PG and BLU. 

Maybe the Rel rm part has changed,??

Going on Reflection this 28 Oct on A2, is the Persian Gardens still the same with steam , sauna and cold rooms ? Enjoyed the Haman treatment in Istanbul last year do Reflection have any  such ''scrubs' and massages ? Also will be going on Edge next year in Sept will there be a Persian Gardens having similar  steam rooms ?

Many Thanks,

7 hours ago, keesar said:

No special card was needed. It was NOT like going into the Persian Gardens.   I have just walked in and most of the time, enjoyed  the peace and quiet.  

That's what I thought.  Thanks for the confirmation. Sometimes folks confuse that with Persian Gardens.  They're two different areas.

1 hour ago, new2cruiser said:

Going on Reflection this 28 Oct on A2, is the Persian Gardens still the same with steam , sauna and cold rooms ? Enjoyed the Haman treatment in Istanbul last year do Reflection have any  such ''scrubs' and massages ? Also will be going on Edge next year in Sept will there be a Persian Gardens having similar  steam rooms ?

Many Thanks,

I can't speak about Edge, but it's still the same on Reflection.

16 hours ago, justcrusn said:

You can enter it from both port and starboard sides

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, viennadew said:

I’m interested in those stone lounge benches that are heated....where are those? How can I get in for free? 

If you are Elite or above you might go in for free once on a Port day. If not, you must be in Aqua Class or pay a fee.

Edited by Orator

I believe Most ships no longer  permit free Elite entry on port days..just a discount for a pass.  Seems less than  a uniform policy...Canyon Ranch on most ships..EDGE has the new Steiner entity...but I think the new policy for Elite use was supposed to apply to all ships...Crowd control may be needed but a downgrade of Elite benefits!

S class and EDGE have loungers...M Class has a circular heated bench..non sea view,

For the current  high cost of AQ Class..hope they make  policies uniform and enforce them. 

On 3/6/2019 at 7:39 AM, hcat said:

EDGE is different....so I was mentioning how it worked on our  recent EDGE cruise..Spa there is not Canyon Ranch..

Also  hoping it  would be more uniformly enforced...sorry it is not.  Esp if too many start discovering it who are not AQ class guests ...AQ Class guests  are paying a premium for use of Relaxation  Rm and thermal suites/PG and BLU. 

Maybe the Rel rm part has changed,??

I couldn't find it on the list of AQ perks anymore.  Also, on the Elite Perk for the Persian gardens people have to be aware of what the actual wording is on the web site.   It does not say on Port Days it says something like while in port.   A couple of people have reported on this board that they were denied the perk after the ship left port.   Here's the wording on the web site:

Canyon Ranch: Complimentary access to Persian Garden for one-time use while the ship is in port

Edited by dkjretired

31 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

I couldn't find it on the list of AQ perks anymore.  Also, on the Elite Perk for the Persian gardens people have to be aware of what the actual wording is on the web site.   It does not say on Port Days it says something like while in port.   A couple of people have reported on this board that they were denied the perk after the ship left port.   Here's the wording on the web site:

Canyon Ranch: Complimentary access to Persian Garden for one-time use while the ship is in port

On EDGE it was not offered. ( Different contractor)  ..as posted in recent reviews, it was  a 10 % discount for the Thermal Suite  pass . Yes, the ship must actually  be in port.  Things change all the time so best to check when one boards...if its still a perk when we cruise on Summit.,that would be a plus....

I sailed in AQ  on EDGE so had no need to use the Elite  perk.  We were hoping to use it for one port day on our  next EDGE cruise but not very hopeful right now, Not sure we will buy the one day Thermal Suite  pass...the passes overall are expensive.

I also know that the Relaxation Rm access in EDGE is  carefully controlled.

Edited by hcat

4 hours ago, viennadew said:

I’m interested in those stone lounge benches that are heated....where are those? How can I get in for free? 

Those are in Persian Gardens, not to be confused with the Relaxation Room. Persian Gardens are included on an unlimited basis with Aqua Class and for Elite and above there is a 1 port day free pass. We used them in December on Silhouette on a cruise we'd booked in Aqua Class. We exchanged our sea pass for the pass into the Persian Gardens, and then exchanged the pass when we were done for our seapass card. The relaxation room is just a quiet place with some loungers (not heated) where those waiting for spa treatments, or just chilling out after them, can relax.