Carnival Surveys , Are they listening to us ?

BoDidly

14 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

We just got off the Horizon and two days later I received a survey.  I filled it out praising three individuals that i thought went above and beyond.  I got to the end of the survey and it asked to join the VIFP club.  I already am a member.  There was no place to go beyond that screen unless you filled it out.  Not wanted another VIFP number, there was no place to hit "send".  

7 hours ago, Tiger0613 said:

If you get to that screen, it was sent.

Tiger is correct.  I was on the same sailing and sent in my survey.  I was very impressed with Schwartz.

I found a link at the bottom of the final screen, after completing the survey, that opens the rules and specifics of the drawings for the free cruise sweepstakes. So, the sweepstakes entry still exists. We have completed so many surveys; often multiple for same cruise, just not lucky, I reckon. 😩

18 hours ago, maldenmusic said:

14 cruises and I only remember getting a survey 2 times.

Like you...

several (11) Carnival cruises, but only ever two -maybe 3- surveys

pretty much cruise-after-cruise -Back When (2009-2010-ish?)

but no more since then.

I appreciate the opportunity to feedback. Carnival should do this a lot more.

On 3/7/2019 at 7:54 AM, Aplmac said:

Like you...

several (11) Carnival cruises, but only ever two -maybe 3- surveys

pretty much cruise-after-cruise -Back When (2009-2010-ish?)

but no more since then.

I appreciate the opportunity to feedback. Carnival should do this a lot more.

How do you book your cruise?

Not sure what a cruise consultant firm is , are they TA's?  We have found that the way a cruise is booked influences how and when you get a survey.  Wonder of they use the same booking engine, might have a role in it as well.

Edited by jimbo5544

Well I'm sure they got a lot of angry feedback about charging for room service and I understand from what I've read on this site that they have since reversed or at least delayed implementing that policy.  That could be either a result of survey feedback or perhaps a lot of negative press from sites like this one...who knows?  But it shows they are listening...

Our last cruise was a back to back.  On the first leg there was a table next to us with very loud women partying.  On the 2nd leg of the cruise our waiter came over and said someone filled out the survey and complained to the maitred of his service in the MDR.  We were shocked to hear this because he was a fine job servicing our table.  We think it was the women who were partying that complained.  When we got back I sent an email to the maitred to let him know we had great service in the MDR.  Not sure if the positive comments are getting through but the negatives ones sure do.

1 hour ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

Our last cruise was a back to back.  On the first leg there was a table next to us with very loud women partying.  On the 2nd leg of the cruise our waiter came over and said someone filled out the survey and complained to the maitred of his service in the MDR.  We were shocked to hear this because he was a fine job servicing our table.  We think it was the women who were partying that complained.  When we got back I sent an email to the maitred to let him know we had great service in the MDR.  Not sure if the positive comments are getting through but the negatives ones sure do.

Are you sure they said the comment came from a survey? We don't receive a Carnival survey for roughly 48 hours after our return home. That seems like a quick turnaround time for survey results. FWIW it's unprofessional for a server to share that with you. 

Edited by sanmarcosman

• 1 month later...

Hi

Just to remind everyone that just about every company has a customers relation department. If you have something you feel important you need to communicate, you don't have to rely on getting an online survey, just write to them. Again, to remind people, there was a time, and it really wasn't that long ago, that this was the only way to reach someone.

• Thanks 1

On 3/8/2019 at 8:08 AM, jimbo5544 said:

Not sure what a cruise consultant firm is , are they TA's?  We have found that the way a cruise is booked influences how and when you get a survey.  Wonder of they use the same booking engine, might have a role in it as well.

Our first six or seven Carnival cruises were booked through a TA and the rest have been booked through a PVP and we have always gotten the surveys.   If memory serves me correctly, the first few were handed out before we got off of the ship and we had to send them in.  

When you stop and think about it, Carnival has over 20 ships.  On average, maybe 1500 cabins on each ship.  If they sent one to each family that occupied those cabins, for one week, they would have 30,000 surveys to read each week.  That's probably why everybody doesn't get one.

Coming from a company that heavily utilizes survey feedback (as many do these days) I can tell you that what they want is to first ensure customers are happy. Knowing which employees are playing a big part in this mission goes a long way. They also want to identify trends. If they get 10,000 comments that the cakes are bad, then normally they will re-evaluate their cakes. If one boat has a bunch of complaints about the housekeeping, then the captain will likely have to address that. Don't confuse this with thinking the CEO is reading your one-off complaint.

I actually feel really bad about this. My last two vacations, I waited beyond the 7 day mark to take it, so I wasn't allowed. I had a few really good employees on each cruise that I wanted to mention.

Edited by Joebucks
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Joebucks said:

Coming from a company that heavily utilizes survey feedback (as many do these days) I can tell you that what they want is to first ensure customers are happy. Knowing which employees are playing a big part in this mission goes a long way. They also want to identify trends. If they get 10,000 comments that the cakes are bad, then normally they will re-evaluate their cakes. Don't confuse this with thinking the CEO is reading your one-off complaint.

I actually feel really bad about this. My last two vacations, I waited beyond the 7 day mark to take it, so I wasn't allowed. I had a few really good employees on each cruise that I wanted to mention.

You do know that there are cards available at GS where you can recognize someone who goes above and beyond,  Copy goes to the employee, management on the ship and corporate.

46 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

You do know that there are cards available at GS where you can recognize someone who goes above and beyond,  Copy goes to the employee, management on the ship and corporate.

And this applies to other cruise lines, not just Carnival. We sailed on a HAL ship last summer, and I wanted to give one of those who made your cruise special write-ups to one of the servers in the buffet. I called her over and told her that, but I needed to be able to spell her name correctly (and did not want to stare at her chest where her nametag was). She spelled it for me, and later would cover her nametag and quiz me on knowing the spelling. And after I filled out the form, she was even quicker to make sure my glass of lemonade was always full and still had her great smile.

• Like 1