Transfer to ship from Extended Stay Fort Lauderdale

ve3ell

Hi again, I would like to know if there is a transfer service that anyone recommends to get from Extended Stay America hotel in Fort Lauderdale to The Celebrity Edge on April 21 2019. There will be just the 2 of us. We considered returning to the airport to use the ship transfer but since we are only 4 miles from the ship it seems better just to go directly from the hotel. Thanks Russ.

We have used the hotel's transfer several times.  We requested the time we wanted when we checked in.  They have vans; sometimes we are the only ones aboard, sometimes others going to the port.  Several dollars each.  

I assume you are referring to the 17th Street location.

Why on earth would you waste time returning to an airport to use the cruise lines slow, spendy transfers?!? A cab from your hotel will be MUCH MUCH more convenient, faster and cheaper as well as more comfortable. No need to arrange in advance. If you use Uber or Lyft that will be even cheaper still. If the hotel offers transfers, that too is better than ship transfers, but price it out - a taxi or Uber/Lyft may be cheaper than hotel shuttle (and with taxi and Uber/Lyft you leave when you’re  ready, not when the shuttle is ready). 

47 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

We have used the hotel's transfer several times.  We requested the time we wanted when we checked in.  They have vans; sometimes we are the only ones aboard, sometimes others going to the port.  Several dollars each.  

I assume you are referring to the 17th Street location.

Yes we are staying at the 17th street location.

50 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Uber or taxi without a doubt. It'll cost you maybe $8 and 10 minutes of your time. I'm surprised most of the shared shuttle services even exist anymore to be honest. 

I am always amazed by that as well.  Last month, our hotel's lobby was packed with people just sitting around with their luggage waiting for their assigned shuttle time.  The available times were all after 1pm by the time we checked in the day before, so some of those people were going to be sitting there for two more hours.  The hotel was not allowing any late checkouts, either.  Transfers in some ports may make sense but not in FLL or Miami.