Voom packages- share?

Hello :)... can you share Voom packages (multi device purchases) across staterooms? For example... my mom is in another stateroom... can we purchase a three device package and let her be the third device? I'm not sure how this works.... thank you!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hmmerr01 said:

Hello :)... can you share Voom packages (multi device purchases) across staterooms? For example... my mom is in another stateroom... can we purchase a three device package and let her be the third device? I'm not sure how this works.... thank you!

You can share with anyone you like.

• Thanks 1

one more question.... is it that only 3 devices can be logged in at any one time? or only 3 devices can use the access codes.... does that make sense?  if my two girls each have a device.. can they 'share' an access code if they don't use it at the same time?

• Like 2

one more question.... is it that only 3 devices can be logged in at any one time? or only 3 devices can use the access codes.... does that make sense?  if my two girls each have a device.. can they 'share' an access code if they don't use it at the same time?

It's 3 devices at any given time. Which was why I suggested 3 people could use a single device package, if there was no need to always be logged on at the same time.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, hmmerr01 said:

It is only 3 devices at a time with a 3 device plan. You can use as many devices as you have, just 3 of them can be logged in at anytime. Yes, your girls can share. There is only one access code. It will allow any 3 devices to log on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hmmerr01 said:

what happens if two people (unaware) try to login at the same time? 

Not sure I understand your question. If you have a 3-device package, then 3 devices can log in at the same time.

1 minute ago, hmmerr01 said:

what happens if two people (unaware) try to login at the same time? 

Varies by ship. 

On some ships you must logout one device before you login on another if you have reached the maximum for your plan. 

Some ships just kick another device off if you have reached the maximum for your plan and log in on another device.   

Some ships warn you and you have a choice to switch devices. 

hkr7GfT.jpg

1 minute ago, hmmerr01 said:

if you are one device package... what happens if two people accidentally try to log in at the same time?

Depends on the ship.

Some ships will automatically kick the one person off.

Some ships will emit an error message indicating that someone has to log off before you can log in.

I got a four-device package last week. 

Me, two friends in another stateroom, and someone I didn't even know from the roll call all shared it.  (I met up with the person on the first day and they paid me cash and I gave them the code.)

And the fourth person logged off and let his uncle log in for a while to check email or whatever.  

And I used my phone, tablet, and laptop at various times, logging off one and logging on with another.  

Literally ANYone can use the internet packages....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hmmerr01 said:

if you are one device package... what happens if two people accidentally try to log in at the same time?

For us the second person to log in would get a generic "error 999". 

Sometimes we couldn't get the system to recognize that one device was no longer using the Internet connection, it would not let another device connect even if we turned off wifi on the first device or even powered down the device. 

Here's a tip I finally learned on the last day: To log a device off so that another can use the same package, open a browser and type "logoff.com"

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, RobTheGob said:

I’ve heard on the newer ships - each “device” gets its own unique code, so it’s perfect for “sharing”... But I’ll know more in 31 days...

If you purchase separate one device plans then unique codes are given.  If you purchase a multi-device plan then one code is given that allows two devices at a time.  

Staying in a Sky or Star class suite is like buying one device plans.

There was a piece of paper in our cabin with the Voom instructions. It explained how to log in and out. It was all pretty simple. We frequently used the login.com and the logoff.com. I wish I had hung on to that piece of paper so that I could post it here!

On some ships you no longer get a code. On Allure at Christmas if you had prepurchased a plan in order to set up your account you created your own log in and password as if you were buying a new package.  Your prepurchased package was listed as an option for you to select with a $0 cost.

Given that Allure is the most up to date ship with the app and it’s functions I would guess that this is a test and will in the future be the way all ships will handle internet access.  It will eliminate staff having to print and deliver sheets of paper with codes to staterooms.  

Edited by Ourusualbeach

thanks for your help..... with almost teenagers... they want some freedom but I want to know where they are and be able to get in touch with them.  I cannot believe they have not rolled out a chat feature to these new ships... we usually cruise DCL and this is a huge perk for families....

15 hours ago, SG65CB said:

For us the second person to log in would get a generic "error 999". 

Sometimes we couldn't get the system to recognize that one device was no longer using the Internet connection, it would not let another device connect even if we turned off wifi on the first device or even powered down the device. 

Here's a tip I finally learned on the last day: To log a device off so that another can use the same package, open a browser and type "logoff.com"

Ah, sorry, I thought it would just log off the first device as my son would have to remember to log off his laptop and switch it back to his phone when he switched it from phone to laptop at night to watch netflix.

I do wish they gave a bit more instructions on what features to turn off on your phone to rely only on wifi as I remembered mostly but at first blanked with what I should switch off and what should be switched on to avoid any unnecessary charges!

Not sure how "tech savvy" you are, but if you bring a travel router you can share a single plan with multiple users at the same time by logging into your router after the router obtains the ships IP address.

2 minutes ago, Mrdell said:

Not sure how "tech savvy" you are, but if you bring a travel router you can share a single plan with multiple users at the same time by logging into your router after the router obtains the ships IP address.

Just to add to this idea, in order to share using the travel router, the devices have to be close to the travel router.  Might work with a stateroom a couple doors down the hall, but will not work all over the ship.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Just to add to this idea, in order to share using the travel router, the devices have to be close to the travel router.  Might work with a stateroom a couple doors down the hall, but will not work all over the ship.

Absolutely right... thanks for clarifying 🙂