Suggestions for 4 berth cabin

Woodside Lady

I've done it.  Bring as little as possible - make use of laundry facilities  It will be tight. Also, it is possible to shower at the spa, which will make getting ready for dinner etc easier.....be patient, be flexible and have fun.

Don't plan to spend a lot of time in your cabin.....

We use the over the door shoe holder for little things that would clutter the desk and counter space.  We use it for things like hair brushes, paper back books, sandals, flip flops etc.   DH and I would get ready for dinner and leave the room so that DD and friend could get ready more quickly and easily.  Know where the closest public rest room is located just in case bathroom is occupied and another in the room needs to use it.

Actually you can spot the Queen Mary funnels, especially with binoculars.   Just in an "aha" sort of way, if you know where to look. 

Depending on time and weather, downtown LA (20 miles north) may also provide a neat sight.  I recall a departure where sunlight was reflecting off the downtown high rises in a striking fashion.  

these items can help you maximize space

Plug multiplier with 3 outlets and 2 USB - not many plugs in princess cabins

Strong Magnetic hooks - for hanging things from walls (many are magnetic) and ceilings

word of warning, use the spacer between the hooks - they are very powerful and very difficult to get them apart if you put them magnet to magnet

49 minutes ago, junglejane said:

Actually you can spot the Queen Mary funnels, especially with binoculars.   Just in an "aha" sort of way, if you know where to look. 

Depending on time and weather, downtown LA (20 miles north) may also provide a neat sight.  I recall a departure where sunlight was reflecting off the downtown high rises in a striking fashion.  

HUH??

• Like 2

2 hours ago, junglejane said:

Double.......Huh?    😳

5 hours ago, Woodside Lady said:

This is my first cruising in an inside cabin let alone a 4 berth.  We will have 3 adults in the cabin for 7 days.  Any suggestions to make it as comfortable as possible?

Do not get a cabin which has a rollaway for the 3rd berth.

8 hours ago, Woodside Lady said:

This is my first cruising in an inside cabin let alone a 4 berth.  We will have 3 adults in the cabin for 7 days.  Any suggestions to make it as comfortable as possible?

Get 2 cabins and remain friends😃Or consider a bigger cabin.

Edited by cruzsnooze
  • Like 1

I've done internal quad share cabin with 2 adults and 2 not-small children for 7 nights twice, and doing it again in June.

The above advice about trying to pack light, using the space in the cabin wisely (google this, amazing tips and even you tube videos are out there), being patient and considerate of each other and not planning to be in the cabin much beyond sleeping and showering/dressing is all good.

Enjoy the cruise!

We have done it and It is absolutely possible as long as folks keep their stuff tidy.  Princess is by far the best closet space at sea - lol. Plus the area can be used as a dressing room when there are others in the room.  

Is is it a sunny destination? That makes it easier with less to bring

13 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Absolutely !!

People who ask this question don't realize that a ships cabin is no where near the size of a hotel room. The bathroom will shock them if they haven't sailed before. It's usually people who have never seen an inside cabin that ask this question or they would know. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, tanyaewa said:

We have done it and It is absolutely possible

that depends on how agile the 3rd person is.... We usually put our kiddo in the pullman bed - he loves it and is very agile (of course!). At some point he wasn't feeling well and wanted to sleep in my bed, and those single beds are really narrow, so I had to climb into his pullman... Dang, I am not an agile person (slightly over 40) - it was very difficult. 

P.S. Sitting on the bed without hitting your head either on the ceiling or on the bed above is impossible, unless you are under 5' tall.

On 3/21/2019 at 12:41 PM, Woodside Lady said:

It  really helps keeping the cabin in "ship shape" ... putting things back where they belong  and keeping the cabin neat.  :classic_wink:

23 minutes ago, GloriaF said:

If you can swing a mini-suite, all issues would be solved, plus you'll have a good size balcony to use.  

I completely agree. If you can't do 2 cabins, do a mini suite.

Ship is pretty much sold out although our TA will nudge for an upgrade if available.  On the good news front our DD was a Mariner Girl Scout and so used to taking 18 girls on their 52 boat for 10 day cruises.  This will look like the lap of luxury to her. 

• Like 1