Extra for cabin attendant

8 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

So you are saying the way YOU do things is the ONLY right way?

If circumstances dictate otherwise for example :- service is not acceptable then tips are not deserved.

We all know tipping and cruising go hand in hand and everyone is free to do what they want to do and my choice is to follow what RC and crew prefer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

How would you feel if you were the CS and someone did this to you?

I and many others prefer to do the right thing unless circumstances dictate otherwise.

"The right thing"...lol ok.

Edited by time4u2go

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

If circumstances dictate otherwise for example :- service is not acceptable then tips are not deserved.

We all know tipping and cruising go hand in hand and everyone is free to do what they want to do and my choice is to follow what RC and crew prefer.

Remember Royal Caribbean registers their ships in the Bahamas this allows them to have lower standards of working conditions for the crew because of less employee regulations.  Royal deprives the crew of some basic rights by doing this.  I agree the crew deserve to be paid and that is why I prefer to pay cash directly to the crew.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, springfire said:

Remember Royal Caribbean registers their ships in the Bahamas this allows them to have lower standards of working conditions for the crew because of less employee regulations.  Royal deprives the crew of some basic rights by doing this.  I agree the crew deserve to be paid and that is why I prefer to pay cash directly to the crew.

But you're not doing "the right thing"! 😮:classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, springfire said:

I repeatedly say everyone is entitled to do what they want especially regarding tips just remember crew deserve our respect irrespective of their employment contract.

Sailing predominantly in Europe and living in the UK where our currency is £ sterling it is preferable to prepay gratuities then I only need $200 (foreign currency) for additional cash tips to go along with Euros(foreign currency) that we need for spending in Europe.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

So you are saying the way YOU do things is the ONLY right way?

No as I elaborate in post 102 and post 110.

I rarely read any criticism of CS so whichever way we thank them they certainly deserve our goodwill and respect.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 10:54 PM, mcatmcat said:

About prepaid I think they know but I AM not 100% sure but this is a why I think they know . I was travelling with my girlfriend and some extended family members. I'm basically the travel agent for my close family I do the booking select best cabin and so on and I have pre paid for everyone except for a couple which were friends of my family and I never got control of the reservation. Before boarding they were asking me how to pay the tip cash and I told them what to do, our waiter was super nice and on night 2 or 3 she came with a list with all our names but she was making sure "all the names were correct" and she stopped by the couple who was paying cash and she told them something like " you understand how tips work right" maybe it was coincidence but our waiter was super concerned about the couple paying cash 

Are you saying the people in your group where "Publicly called out" for removing their auto grats/tips?   Either way, I find this very hard to believe someone would have a list and go table to table to make sure passengers know "How to tip" if they have not pre-paid or pay via the daily auto grat charge.  I'm not saying you're making this up, because these days, anything's possible -  but that's something hard to believe....

Edited by ScottVV

14 hours ago, grapau27 said:

No as I elaborate in post 102 and post 110.

I rarely read any criticism of CS so whichever way we thank them they certainly deserve our goodwill and respect.

Time4u2go is what is commonly called a "troll". He/she will pick out one little thing and beat it back at you until you get mad. Don't fall for his junk. There was nothing wrong with your posts graupau27.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, marton2 said:

Time4u2go is what is commonly called a "troll". He/she will pick out one little thing and beat it back at you until you get mad. Don't fall for his junk. There was nothing wrong with your posts graupau27.  

Uh...grapau27 was responding to not-enough-cruising, not to me.

Edited by time4u2go

29 minutes ago, marton2 said:

Thank you.

Regards Graham.

Edited by grapau27

49 minutes ago, Jasonmom said:

Have tipped up to $50 for 5 night cruise down to removing state-room attendant's gratuity(once).  It all depends on service received.

Great example of why I don't prepay.  When you prepay, you can never adjust the tips.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/24/2019 at 12:49 PM, grapau27 said:

Often I have just told our CS to just give us clean towels and give him the dirty towels back.

We always make the bed before we go out and keep our cabin very tidy but we get hot room service breakfast every morning around 7.30am and it is usually around 10 am before we leave our cabin.

That is very kind and thoughtful of you.  Most of the time the cabin attendant has no idea when he will be able to get into a cabin.  It's nice he can cross yours off the list and continue on.    🙂 

59 minutes ago, island lady said:

That is very kind and thoughtful of you.  Most of the time the cabin attendant has no idea when he will be able to get into a cabin.  It's nice he can cross yours off the list and continue on.    🙂 

Thanks.

We treat our cabin like home so the CS has little to do in our cabin.

We bring all our own toiletries so all we need is towels.

Most cruises, we give above and beyond the standard gratuities because we receive excellent/superior service.  I love a CS who interacts/says hello and comes in and takes care of the room twice a day during the window of times we are gone (breakfast or dinner); someone who asks how your day is going, comes running to help you open your door when your hands are full.  You can sometimes see who likes their jobs and who doesn't and if someone with a smile doesn't like their job and they fool me, they should get more for the extra effort LOL!

• Like 1