Extra for cabin attendant

15 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Usually $20-$30 on top of prepaid gratuities

We have never had a bad cabin attendant.  We usually give them $50 for each 7 day cruise; more if the cruise is 10-14+ days.  We hand them the cash in an envelope with a handshake and a big smile.  We are friendly and polite throughout the cruise and have had exceptional service throughout the ship.

Margee

• Like 4

Usually $5 a day and I enclose it in a card with a personal note thanking them for their attentive service. I also hand deliver it to them usually the last night. However you do not have to tip extra and should not feel pressured to do so.

Edited by blueridgemama
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Usually $20-$30 on top of prepaid gratuities

They work hard and I always leave $25 for 7 day cruise.  I was recently on a 3 week cruise and left $75. Who knows how much of that daily gratuity they actually get?

4 minutes ago, cmh said:

They work hard and I always leave $25 for 7 day cruise.  I was recently on a 3 week cruise and left $75. Who knows how much of that daily gratuity they actually get?

I usually thank the CS and when giving an extra cash tip I mention I have prepaid our tips and this is a little extra for looking after us.

• Like 2

Ok we are good then leaving $150 for the week.  We have two adjoinjng cabins.   

I always feel so bad never knowong how much of the standard gratuities they get especially cleaning up all our mess all week long and doing it with smile.  

• Like 3

I always give $20 on arrival, usually as I am asking for ice or the beds to be put together, and if they go above and beyond all cruise give another $20 at the end. If you pay attention these stewards work morning, noon and night! They spend 9 months away from their families. On embarkation/disembarkation days they are not only changing over the cabins they are the ones delivering the luggage to cabins as well. Most stewards have between 10-20 cabins each. Trying to keep everyone happy, working with each guests schedules, it can be crazy. $40 is not too much to offer these very hard workers.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, WisconsinFan said:

We always give them something extra as they work hard for us, when our kids were teens and in their own cabin we gave them a bit more for that room  🙂

I've seen some of those kid's cabins while walking the hallway and the attendant definitely deserves an extra tip 😁

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tbucs19 said:

I always feel so bad never knowong how much of the standard gratuities they get especially cleaning up all our mess all week long and doing it with smile.  

You are very generous and I know they appreciate it!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tbucs19 said:

If that is on top of auto or prepaid gratuities your CS will be delighted and you are extremely generous.

32 minutes ago, SakeDad said:

I always give $20 on arrival, usually as I am asking for ice or the beds to be put together, and if they go above and beyond all cruise give another $20 at the end. If you pay attention these stewards work morning, noon and night! They spend 9 months away from their families. On embarkation/disembarkation days they are not only changing over the cabins they are the ones delivering the luggage to cabins as well. Most stewards have between 10-20 cabins each. Trying to keep everyone happy, working with each guests schedules, it can be crazy. $40 is not too much to offer these very hard workers.

$40 tip X 20 cabins +prepaid tips  + wages.  If everyone followed your example they would do very well!