When Did The Elite Bathroom Amenities Change?

ceilidh1

We will be sailing Princess for the first time in December so have no first hand experience but Found this in the "Cruise Answer Book" on Page 23. " Stateroom Amenities  The little extras you find in the best hotels — fresh fruit ( by request), evening bed turn-down, chocolates on your pillow, complimentary shampoo, conditioner and body lotion — are provided in every stateroom. Bathrobes are available upon request from your stateroom steward for your comfort and convenience ."

22 minutes ago, MishelleMcc said:

The little extras you find in the best hotels

Yep. All the "best" hotels such as Best Western. Actually you probably get better shampoo and conditioner at Best Western than you get these days on Princess.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MishelleMcc said:

We will be sailing Princess for the first time in December so have no first hand experience but Found this in the "Cruise Answer Book" on Page 23. " Stateroom Amenities  The little extras you find in the best hotels — fresh fruit ( by request), evening bed turn-down, chocolates on your pillow, complimentary shampoo, conditioner and body lotion — are provided in every stateroom. Bathrobes are available upon request from your stateroom steward for your comfort and convenience ."

This is about an elite level past passenger benefit:

Upgraded Bathroom Amenities
Regardless of your stateroom type, your stateroom bathroom will be stocked with the upgraded amenities normally reserved only for Suite guests.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Yep. All the "best" hotels such as Best Western. Actually you probably get better shampoo and conditioner at Best Western than you get these days on Princess.

Totally agree.  I stay at an old Hawaiian themed Best Western when I visit my daughter in San Diego and the amenities are on par with the Hilton, where I stay when I visit my daughter in SF.

On 3/24/2019 at 10:57 PM, Thrak said:

Any lotion they provide would be horrible for me. I'm allergic to most scent and the stuff I've seen on Princess is highly scented. No thanks. My wife wouldn't use it anyway.

We are two peas in a pod. Most smells make me sneeze and the nose run. I even have to pick out my husbands deodorant! (He's much taller and to give the guy a hug. . . . well, you get it!) 

I find formal nights to be the worst. I think everyone soaks in their own perfumes and after shaves. Very difficult to go into the halls. Everyone, listen, you become immune to your fragrance. Just use a dab, or if it's a spray, spray it above you, one spray, and then stand under it so it mists you. We will smell it, honest. No need to bathe in it! (Rant over)

I also worked at a gym where they soap all in one stuff needed to be refilled daily in the shower stalls. I would clean as best I could but the dispensers wouldn't come off the walls. Yes, a lot of mold on the back of the thing, but we did make sure it wasn't inside! Ick!!! Ours was a GOJO product. Didn't like that either. 

I too always bring my own shampoo, soap and hand cream. I also bring a pump hand soap!

Loofah? I've never got one of those! 

3 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Regardless of your stateroom type, your stateroom bathroom will be stocked with the upgraded amenities normally reserved only for Suite guests.

Exactly - whether or not I use all the stuff is irrelevant. It’s meant to be a benefit of being elite that has now started to disappear. Along with many other special touches that used to set princess out from other lines! Our cruise on Royal right now is probably the worst cruise we have taken. I have two future cruises booked on her and plan to cancel both on my return.

3 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

So the question is, are the Suite guests also getting the reduced amenities or are they still getting all of them while Princess does not honor the statement you posted for Elite passengers.

19 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Exactly - whether or not I use all the stuff is irrelevant. It’s meant to be a benefit of being elite that has now started to disappear. Along with many other special touches that used to set princess out from other lines! Our cruise on Royal right now is probably the worst cruise we have taken. I have two future cruises booked on her and plan to cancel both on my return.

Could you give some examples on why this is your worst cruise? Thanks.

11 hours ago, Thrak said:

I have very little hair and I absolutely despise that stuff. Neither of us uses the big wall-mounted bottles of either shampoo or body wash. Nope, nope, nope. Not good stuff at all. Even worse, some folks have posted that they unscrewed the bottles and found black mold all around the tops of them where you can't see it. Blech... 😝

Thanks for the warning to put shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and body lotion on my packing list. Have some small Travel bottles to fill-and label! Don't think shampoo would be any good as a body lotion!

4 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

It's not irrelevant.  Complaining about not getting things that you don't want anyway would be..... weird.

4 hours ago, bemis12 said:

It's not irrelevant.  Complaining about not getting things that you don't want anyway would be..... weird.

I DO want the things that are missing - the stuff still included are the things I never use! My point was that it shouldn’t matter if I want them or not as this is an elite benefit and meant to be included. Other benefits I never use - wine tasting, for example, - but it’s still a benefit for me if I ever did decide to use it ( actually, I haven’t seen mention of it on this sailing so maybe it isn’t.....lol)

6 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

I DO want the things that are missing - the stuff still included are the things I never use! My point was that it shouldn’t matter if I want them or not as this is an elite benefit and meant to be included. Other benefits I never use - wine tasting, for example, - but it’s still a benefit for me if I ever did decide to use it ( actually, I haven’t seen mention of it on this sailing so maybe it isn’t.....lol)

Free wine tasting for elite is listed in Patter, no longer an invitation sent to room...have to keep an eye out for it.  ($9.99 value )  First day of cruise they are pushing a $25 wine tasting..featuring high end wines...they give you the impression the "food" served is better..but just the same stuff as the $9.99 tasting.

2 hours ago, BRANDEE said:

Free wine tasting for elite is listed in Patter, no longer an invitation sent to room...have to keep an eye out for it.  ($9.99 value )  First day of cruise they are pushing a $25 wine tasting..featuring high end wines...they give you the impression the "food" served is better..but just the same stuff as the $9.99 tasting.

Ahhh.... maybe that’s why I haven’t seen it. I’m used to the little card inviting me to attend. That’s a benefit I have no use for - I like drinking wine but no desire to taste it! All tastes the same to me! Lol

3 hours ago, BRANDEE said:

We actually preferred the wines at the $25 tasting...

Cheers~

The Countess