When Did The Elite Bathroom Amenities Change?

ceilidh1

Currently on Royal and got the upgraded bathroom amenities for being elite. This time was pretty lame - conditioner, nail file, shower cap, lip balm, cotton buds. That was it! No eye mask, linen spray, shampoo, or lotion. I asked my steward and was told that this was how it is now. Last cruise I got everything so when did it change?

43 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Currently on Royal and got the upgraded bathroom amenities for being elite. This time was pretty lame - conditioner, nail file, shower cap, lip balm, cotton buds. That was it! No eye mask, linen spray, shampoo, or lotion. I asked my steward and was told that this was how it is now. Last cruise I got everything so when did it change?

No lotion, that's ridiculous, even hotels provide that!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fishin' musician said:

I think they took the little bottles of Elemis shampoo, shower gel and conditioner 2 or 3 years ago.  About the time they installed the vats of industrial strength shampoo and gel in the showers.

It hasn't been Elemis for years, it's been their spa brand. 

2 minutes ago, mina said:

We were on the ruby last January and noticed no more hair conditioner and the same missing items you did.  Thank goodness I had brought my own conditioner 

Don't they claim the shampoo/conditioner are all in one, if that is possible?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Yeah, I would assume if you asked for lotion, they would bring you more each day. 

Stewart brought my wife a couple more when he saw she had used them - and we were lowly platinum in an interior cabin ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If I were you, I'd walk by the cabin stewards' supply room when it's open in the morning and glance in to see if there are the little bottles of lotion.  If you don't see them, stop another cabin steward in the hallway sometime and ask him/her if they still have the body lotion.  If they do, point it out to your cabin steward and get some.  If he doesn't comply, speak with his/her supervisor. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Don't they claim the shampoo/conditioner are all in one, if that is possible?

The suite package always included separate conditioner.  Yes they claim it’s combned, assuming you like straw hair.   It is horrible.

• Like 1

Maybe this is only on Royal? I sailed Star in August and got the full amenities in my bag. This time the bag is half full - my steward said that this is all that’s included now and gave me another bag. Thing is, I don’t want more of what I have - I like the linen spray, shampoo, lotion and eye mask. The things that weren’t in there!!!