Elite / Elite + Cocktail hour

crewzerguy

• 5 months later...
5 hours ago, Livefromthebridge said:

Hi Iam just wondering what the current status is on Elite Happy Hour as I have not sailed on Celebrity for the last year. Is it still unlimited from 5-7pm from the Elite menu? Also still able to get from most bars and take a drink into the MDR with you? Many thanks in advance. 

Yes your Sea Pass card will be loaded each evening with unlimited CC HH drinks from 5 to 7 PM each evening except the first evening and the evening of the Senior Officers party (14 night 8 September 2019 Summit cruise). Yes most bars offer the CC HH drinks. Yes you can take a drink in the MDR no matter what you're drinking or where you got it from.  

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, LiveToCruise99 said:

I'm curious if the Captains Club list of drinks considers sparkling water (Perrier or Pellegrino)  as bottled water.  I've never asked for this but wondered.  Does anyone know? 

I saw a few drinking bottled water in the Sky Lounge on our 8 September Summit cruise during the CC HH. The brand was the same that was offered on the CBP, TRUE. 

On 3/26/2019 at 7:05 AM, The Mommy said:

We did find this time it was a little rushed on the timing - we always eat late dining and the elite time was 5 - 7 pm so we were only in the lounge for just under 30 minutes. I think it need extending to 7.30pm - imho 

We have just returned from a cruise on Explorer of the Seas, where we were Diamond, thanks to our Elite status on Celebrity.

Drinks were unlimited in the Diamond Lounge from 5-8.30pm, but you could also use the 3 loaded on to your card in the MDR until 8.30pm. You could also ask for bottled water in the Diamond Lounge, which wasn’t made clear on the letter in the cabin on arrival day. In fact the letter only stated,’ ‘Have a drink on us.’ 

DS will be 19 on his upcoming cruise and now has his own Captain's Club # and is an Elite member.  Does anyone know if he will be allowed to order a soda during the 5-7 happy hour?   It would be nice if they allowed that. 

56 minutes ago, Gaynors said:

DS will be 19 on his upcoming cruise and now has his own Captain's Club # and is an Elite member.  Does anyone know if he will be allowed to order a soda during the 5-7 happy hour?   It would be nice if they allowed that. 

Yes he can...

image.png

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Yes he can...

image.png

Thanks!!  Just wasn't sure if those under 21 would have drinks (non-alcoholic) loaded to their card.   I guess he could go to the elite lounge (he'll be on the infinity) but it would be nice for him to get a soda out by the pool if he wants.

2 minutes ago, Gaynors said:

Thanks!!  Just wasn't sure if those under 21 would have drinks (non-alcoholic) loaded to their card.   I guess he could go to the elite lounge (he'll be on the infinity) but it would be nice for him to get a soda out by the pool if he wants.

No dedicated elite lounge. As long as he does between the hours of 5 to 7 PM. Unlimited drinks during that time frame. 

On 3/25/2019 at 12:25 PM, helen haywood said:

It is only the drinks on the Captain's Club Happy Hour menu.  But the change is that it is unlimited drinks during the hours at any bar other than the World Class Bar or MDR.

I can tell you the beer selection sucks unless Bud Lite, Heineken  and O'Doul's are you choices ( on our recent sailing).

(I apologize in advance to any who likes and drink any of the 3 above), but in this day and age to not have any good craft beers sucks.  I am amazed that Celebrity has the basis for a great perk and then says "not so fast, only these limited selections." I will even give them the benefit of the doubt when servers had/have to go some distance to get the basic selections. But when I am at a bar and can't get the beer and it is sitting there 10 feet from me...NOT a good public perception.  I have suggested they allow me to get anything $8 or under for example and then if over, have me pay the difference.  They do it on the Drinks package, so it can be done and tracked. Come on Celebrity.  At every step does it have to be about "the incremental buck?"

I will say, Celebrity has made some efforts to appease Captain's Club members and the overcrowding issue with being able to go to other bars on ship vs a room or area of a room, but when I first attended the evening events many years ago, I could get any beer from the associated bar and always got Boddingtons. 

DW does like the basic red wine, so she is okay.  I basically see the perk as of no value and spend the $7-$9 to enjoy a beer worth drinking IMHO.  Most recently the Alaskan Brewing companies IPA.

Edited by shipshape sam

13 minutes ago, CruisinNana said:

During Happy Hour, will I be able to take unopened bottles of water and soda cans to my cabin.  3 in total? When I had coupons, I used one for a pour of wine and the other two for drinks for the cabin for later use.

A couple we would sit with on occasion during the CC HH in the Sky Lounge would stop by one of the bars on their way into the MDR and get a bottle of water and a can of soda each (unopened) to have with their meal. Never hurts to ask or try it. 

Edited by davekathy

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

A couple we would sit with on occasion during the CC HH in the Sky Lounge would stop by one of the bars on their way into the MDR and get a bottle of water and a can of soda each (unopened) to have with their meal. Never hurts to ask or try it. 

Thanks so much. I will do that!

Any reasonable tip if using the same server every day will greatly enhance your chance of ordering just about any drink within reason. ie      If Cosmo is on menu and lemon drop certainly can be had.

We also on last call at 7 pm ask for a water bottle, can of soda and Full wine glass each evening before going to dinner.

• Like 1

Something to note- If you have a drink package and are in the Sky Lounge for the Happy Hour, you can use your package to order anything that is covered by the package. I am somewhat of a wine snob and find the wines offered in the CC Happy Hour as AWFUL. I am also serious bourbon drinker. Jim Beam White label doesn’t do it for me. I thoroughly enjoy the Happy Hours in the Lounge as I get to meet lots of interesting and fun cruisers. So, I use my premium drink package to  order a beverage that I can enjoy.

• Like 1

We are on the Sillie T/A next month. What's the current situation on T/As...??...do you still get the 3 drinks pp loaded on the card and you can use that card in most of the bars? We were on Sillie last spring T/A and I believe that was the case...still operating that way? 

9 hours ago, WAVTAM said:

Any reasonable tip if using the same server every day will greatly enhance your chance of ordering just about any drink within reason. ie      If Cosmo is on menu and lemon drop certainly can be had.

We also on last call at 7 pm ask for a water bottle, can of soda and Full wine glass each evening before going to dinner.

Wayne...were you able to do that even if you had exceeded your 3 drinks pp before you left? LuAnn

2 minutes ago, LuAnn said:

We are on the Sillie T/A next month. What's the current situation on T/As...??...do you still get the 3 drinks pp loaded on the card and you can use that card in most of the bars? We were on Sillie last spring T/A and I believe that was the case...still operating that way? 

As of February 2019 all drinks loaded on your Sea Pass card are unlimited during the CC HH (5 to 7). 

3 minutes ago, LuAnn said:

LuAnn, there is no longer 3 drinks loaded on your card.  You get unlimited happy hour drinks at any bar on the ship, except a couple, from 5-7pm.   Just show your seapass.

10 minutes ago, maggie.1008 said:

I know in years past they asked you not to take drinks out of the sky lounge. Is that still the case ? 

I've never seen it enforced. Possibly those leaving the CC HH with drinks in their hands had one of the BPs. 

Edited by davekathy