Can dh take his and my medallion to get two coffees?

HiStrung1

2 minutes ago, Bubbs33 said:

Not sure. But room service?

Thanks for responding! Can you order specialty coffees from room service?  My husband is an early riser and would prefer to wander and pick it up if possible. 

2 minutes ago, Elevatorman said:

So I guess you have the beverage package or coffee card . The “rule” is separate coffee 2 Medallions or cards. But a tip with the order usually cures that. But it’s not a guarantee.

Yes, we have the beverage packages.  So two medallions would show up...I just don't want to tag along if I don't need to. Thanks!

• Like 1

Be careful. Someone posted a warning on another site that her husband took both their medallions while she stayed in the cabin. She got surprised by her room steward who entered the cabin even though she had do not disturb. The room steward could tell that both the medallions were out of the room.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lmcgrail said:

Be careful. Someone posted a warning on another site that her husband took both their medallions while she stayed in the cabin. She got surprised by her room steward who entered the cabin even though she had do not disturb. The room steward could tell that both the medallions were out of the room.

Ooh good to know...will let the steward know first thing that this will be our early m o so we don't start on the wrong footing. 😮

31 minutes ago, HiStrung1 said:

Thanks for responding! Can you order specialty coffees from room service?  My husband is an early riser and would prefer to wander and pick it up if possible. 

No it cannot be used through room service.

They don't do specialty coffees or fresh brewed.

I would think yes he could take both medallions to get the coffees.

45 minutes ago, HiStrung1 said:

Or do I need to get my butt out of bed also? 🤓

You should have no issue getting 2 coffees with one person, either two on his card, or one each.  I doubt you would need the 2nd medallion, they can see that you are cabin mates and both have the coffee card.  At least take it the first time.

15 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

You should have no issue getting 2 coffees with one person, either two on his card, or one each.  I doubt you would need the 2nd medallion, they can see that you are cabin mates and both have the coffee card.  At least take it the first time.

I will have him take both the first time but try using just his...thanks!

2 hours ago, famski740 said:

I have always taken my wife's cruise card with me when we both have the drink package and get two coffees with no problems.

Your wife has a good husband 👍🏻😄  thanks for the info!

4 hours ago, lmcgrail said:

We have yet to sail on a Medallion cruise. With the cruise cards they have no way at all of telling if you are in the cabin. I once had the (female) steward open our cabin door and then try to come into the restroom while I was "enthroned". Obviously this could still be an issue if both medallions are out of the room but should never again be a problem if someone is in the cabin and has the medallion in the cabin.

DH gets the coffee card in his name, and I drink the specialty coffee.  He only likes black coffee.  I take his card to the IC early in the morning and get me a latte and him a black coffee.  Hasn't been a problem.  He can share the 15 specialty ones but not the tea and regular coffee.

Edited by PekingeseLady

1 hour ago, antsp said:

I don’t understand if you pay for 15 coffees in advance with the coffee why you can’t get 2 at once, or all 15 in one go, what difference to Princess does it make. 

No difference for the coffees that require a "punch".

But if just getting two fresh-brewed which do not require a "punch", then two cards (Medallions which have the package) are needed.

You can get as many specialty coffees as you want (up to the number you have remaining on you account) with just one medallion.  If you get two brewed coffees at the same time and only have one medallion (with the package), you will get one free and be charged for the other one.

14 hours ago, famski740 said:

You can get as many specialty coffees as you want (up to the number you have remaining on you account) with just one medallion.  If you get two brewed coffees at the same time and only have one medallion (with the package), you will get one free and be charged for the other one.

Do they limit the number of specialty coffees? I have not had the beverage package before and was curious. Thanks! 🙂 

1 hour ago, Katwoman007 said:

Do they limit the number of specialty coffees? I have not had the beverage package before and was curious. Thanks! 🙂 

With the coffee "card" (really now attached to your onboard account), 15 specialty coffees are included.

With the Premier beverage package, there is no limit to the number of specialty coffees.