I reached Elite

Qmadam

I am so excited!!!  Took me years and I never really thought I'd get here!  The benefits don't matter in the least.  It was always just a dream

.  When I started cruising Elite was the top tier, and now (LOL) there are more, but I don't care.  I made it.  I lost my husband last year and really didn't think I'd be cruising for a long while.  BUT, I just did.  It was wonderful and I'm ELITE!!!  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Qmadam said:

I am so excited!!!    I made it.  I lost my husband last year and really didn't think I'd be cruising for a long while.  BUT, I just did.  It was wonderful and I'm ELITE!!!  

Congratulations on reaching Elite.

And congratulations for being strong since your husband passed.  🙂 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Qmadam said:

I am so excited!!!  Took me years and I never really thought I'd get here!  The benefits don't matter in the least.  It was always just a dream

Congrats! There are still some nice benefits to being Elite. And, don't forget, if you should ever decide to cruise RC, you'll be grandfathered into their loyalty program at the 'Diamond' level. Also, I understand that Azamara has reciprocity at that level, as well.😎

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Qmadam said:

.  When I started cruising Elite was the top tier, and now (LOL) there are more, but I don't care.  I made it.  I lost my husband last year and really didn't think I'd be cruising for a long while.  BUT, I just did.  It was wonderful and I'm ELITE!!!  

Congratulations on achieving Elite. So sorry about your recent loss.

The Elite perks are worth having. Even though we usually cruise suites and have access to Michael’s we still enjoy meeting fellow cruisers at the evening cocktail party and find the Elite breakfast a really pleasant way to start the day. A free bag of laundry is always worth having too!

If you don’t already do this you may consider using the roll call for your next cruise. It can be a good way to meet up with fellow solo cruisers as well as a good way to arrange to share transport to/from ports and airports and to sort excursions.

Set you target to Elite Plus now! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Qmadam said:

Congratulations!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Congratulations and Welcome to the Club.  Make sure you learn the secret handshake to get into the Elite Happy Hour.

So that explains why they wouldn't let us in!

OP, I love your zest for life!  And what a beautiful picture you have in your signature. 

I love reading threads like this.  Thank you!

• Like 1

Congrats!!!  The Elite perks are nice. Enjoy!  

I too have lost DH. I agree that the Roll Call is extremely useful. And don’t forget the Solo Cruisers and Ports of Call boards. 

If I’m not in a suite I choose Traditional Dining and request a table for 6 or 8 so I don’t feel isolated at dinner. 

Some people are surprised that I continue to cruise on my own. We know better. 😎

• Like 1