Oasis incident at Freeport Shipyard

7 hours ago, br111 said:

An online newspaper in the Bahamas has tweeted video of what seems to be a crane that has partially collapsed into the stern of Oasis in Freeport. (It seems that maybe it was there for a week-long wet dock?) It also seems she is listing slightly to starboard. Can't find any other details at the moment.

https://twitter.com/Bahamaspress/status/1112772498427441152

From what I read, the ship was oversized for that #2 dock

4 hours ago, SakeDad said:

This was in WET DOCK, not dry dock. It is the same dock I just spent 2 1/2 weeks on Navigator of the Seas at. The crane that collapsed is actually on a barge in the water on the starboard side of the ship. My guess is the load was too heavy and the barge started to capsize and collapsed onto the ship. So happy nothing like that happened while I was there!!! Praying for everyone's safety!

Yes i know that it is a WET DOCK. If you would look at the quote, I was explaining to someone what a dry dock was.

1 minute ago, Beachammo said:

Or maybe the passengers ran away after seeing the Cats. Of course they waited for the intermission.

Great seat selection after intermission.🙂

13 minutes ago, Beachammo said:

Not a single Cat was harmed.........

4 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Great seat selection after intermission.🙂

6 minutes ago, Beachammo said:

Or maybe the passengers ran away after seeing the Cats. Of course they waited for the intermission.

8 injuries we know of, still don't know the extent and you guys are making JOKES????? Really classy. I just spent 2+ weeks there in wet dock on Navigator....they take safety serious. Too bad so many passengers and people on these boards don't. SHAME ON YOU!

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, bambam2972 said:

I hadn't heard about the scheduled repair, but we just got off the Oasis yesterday and I agree that it was sailing fine. Maybe a little more rocking the last 2 days, but nothing out of the ordinary. 

There was quite a long thread when they cancelled this sailing as it was a Spring Break week. I believe they announced the cancellation due to the repairs around January (I think)

1 hour ago, SakeDad said:

8 injuries we know of, still don't know the extent and you guys are making JOKES????? Really classy. I just spent 2+ weeks there in wet dock on Navigator....they take safety serious. Too bad so many passengers and people on these boards don't. SHAME ON YOU!

You seem new around here. 🐱

Screenshot_20190401-144919_Facebook.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Shame on people for not dwelling on the horrific? No one made a joke at the expense of the victims. 🙄

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You seem new around here. 🐱

Screenshot_20190401-144919_Facebook.jpg

Sigh...no....I was just praying people could at least wait 12 hours before showing their true colors. My mistake. BTW I love your pic...very Cirque. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

Shame on people for not dwelling on the horrific? No one made a joke at the expense of the victims. 🙄

Considering I may have worked with and know some of the victims that is a statement YOU don't have a right to make.

39 minutes ago, SakeDad said:

Considering I may have worked with and know some of the victims that is a statement YOU don't have a right to make.

How is it that I don't have the right to make a statement that no one joked at the expense of the victims? Yes I do... that is the truth, they didn't... the end.

It's not about true colors... its about human psyche. Not one person made a negative comment about the people that were hurt. 

I hope no one that you know was hurt. I wish no one had been hurt. Nothing we can do about that here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

How is it that I don't have the right to make a statement that no one joked at the expense of the victims? Yes I do... that is the truth, they didn't... the end.

It's not about true colors... its about human psyche. Not one person made a negative comment about the people that were hurt. 

I hope no one that you know was hurt. I wish no one had been hurt. Nothing we can do about that here.

You can respect the victims by not making crass jokes less than 12 hours after they were injured. That says more about your "pysche" than I care to discuss here. Crass jokes may not have been negative...just extremely tacky. Proving class is something sorely missing these days and not something you can teach online in forums.

Good day. Please don't bother responding as you have shown yourself for who you are and I would not have drinks onboard with you so I will not respond to you further here.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SakeDad said:

You can respect the victims by not making crass jokes less than 12 hours after they were injured. That says more about your "pysche" than I care to discuss here. Crass jokes may not have been negative...just extremely tacky. Proving class is something sorely missing these days and not something you can teach online in forums.

Good day. Please don't bother responding as you have shown yourself for who you are and I would not have drinks onboard with you so I will not respond to you further here.

First... I made no jokes at all. Maybe you are just not able to comprehend what you have read, I mean... you put quotes around a word that I used as intended, and it was still lost on you. 

Second... No hurt feelings here that you won't talk to me, and I NEVER asked to have drinks with you ANYWHERE. 😂  

Edited by Mikew0805

Sigh...no....I was just praying people could at least wait 12 hours before showing their true colors. My mistake. BTW I love your pic...very Cirque. 

My comment centered on the fact that I am the resident cheerleader for the show CATS, which is obviously on the Oasis. The preceding comments were all centered at me. 

FWIW, I know dozens of folks on the ship, none in the yard, and am concerned for everyone's well being.

So glad to hear there were no life-threatening injuries!

What do you think the odds are they move the fall AMPed dry dock to now, when she gets to Europe?  If they are cancelling cruises if she's damaged, why not?  We are booked on July 14th Med sailing...debating about moving it if there are long/major repairs.  I don't want to pay $ for this cruise and flights if she'll be damaged goods during our cruise. 😢  

I have 2 weeks until final payment, so I'll sit and wait...🍿

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

My comment centered on the fact that I am the resident cheerleader for the show CATS, which is obviously on the Oasis. The preceding comments were all centered at me. 

FWIW, I know dozens of folks on the ship, none in the yard, and am concerned for everyone's well being.

Thanks for clarifying your comments. Some of the others on the other hand...

1 hour ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

SakeDad, this is obviously close to you so it might be time to step back and leave this thread for the day.

Thoughts and prayers to the injured.

Having read many of your comments on other threads I feel no need to take any advice from you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1