Half Moon or Princess cay?

drunkfish3

Looking at two cruises same ship and and everything else is the same both 5 nights same ship only difference is one goes to Half Moon and other goes to Princess. The half moon one is $88 more. I have heard good things about Half Moon, is it worth the $88 more to go there instead of princess. Never been to either.

23 minutes ago, Theosprey247 said:

They’re both beautiful, but you need water shoes for Princess cays. 

Agree with this. Very hard to find a good place to enter the water at Princess Cay without having to walk over quite a bit of rocks. HMC is total sand. 

definitely Half Moon Cay.  I have been 3 times and not only is beach good, but so are the walking trails.

HMC is rated the 2nd best private island behind Disney's Castaway Cay.  But I also think RCI is upping the game on their island making a water park.

HMC is great for spreading out and not being crowded.  I do remember the water being quite cool for early fall cruise.

I went to HMC last year, and it definitely lived up to the hype. We were scared the wait would be too long for the tender, so we went super early. We found that wasn't necessary and could really get on any tender we wanted. Getting there first was a real treat though. There wasn't anyone on the island. There were schools of fish swimming up to us on the water. Some strange looking long and slender fish was skipping on top on the water. Next time, I will move further down the beach though. It gets very crowded.

Later this month will be my first trip to Princess. While it sounds like it won't be as gorgeous, I do hear it has good snorkeling. That will be very welcome for me.

I just went to Princess Cay a few weeks ago and I have been to HMC a few times.

HMC--The beach and sand is way better there.   Its that really nice sugar sand and you get it out in the water too.  There aren't any rocks or anything.  HMC is its own private island vs PC is a private beach at the end of Euleuthera Island.  

PC--there seems to be a bit more to do there in terms of water activities.  They actually have somewhat decent beach snorkeling and more water activities like kayaking.   The sand in the water seems a bit more rocky and from what I recall there beach is somewhat divided up into these sort of U-shaped partitions with rocks in between.

Hands down HMC is a way better beach.  You really do get that secluded beach feeling.  

My impression of PC is that HMC and the Grand Turk cruise terminal had a baby.  PC has more private cabanas though.  

Here are a few tips for both places:

1.  The grilled lunch is pretty gross.  Grilled hot dogs and burgers, chicken, potato salad, cookies, lemonade, and flies everywhere.  Save your appetite for a Guy's burger when you get back on the ship.  

2.  Try to get off the ship early so that you can leave and go back on the tender earlier.  I've waited in line at HMC for over an hour to get back on a tender.

3.  For HMC--treat yourself and walk way down the beach.  Less people, less crowds.