Who's Been on Rhapsody Lately

Just a quick question about how the ship Rhapsody is, cabins, food, entertainment.  We're thinking of doing the transatlantic from Tampa to Barcelona in spring of 2020, but have never seen this ship.  Any info would be appreciated.

19 hours ago, IrishLassie said:

Just a quick question about how the ship Rhapsody is, cabins, food, entertainment.  We're thinking of doing the transatlantic from Tampa to Barcelona in spring of 2020, but have never seen this ship.  Any info would be appreciated.

Sitting at TPA after getting off her this morning. We were a little leery because we haven't sailed this class in 20 years. The ship was in great shape. We ate dinners in Chops, Giovanni's, MTD, and the Windjammer. Chops and Giovanni's was excellent. MTD food was good but loud. Service was pretty good except the one waiter that asked for a 10 before taking our order. The Windjammer food was good as well as the service. We just came off Harmony two months ago so we were impressed with the crew interaction with passengers. It was almost like old time cruising. The WIFI was a pain. Speed wasn't a problem as much as dropped connections. The DL and SL were not overcrowded. We wouldn't hesitate to sail her again.

I was on Rhapsody in November.  I loved it. My husband did too and he usually likes the bigger ships.  I found the staff very friendly and the atmosphere more intimate and cozy. It was fabulous.  

Thanks SO MUCH for the info Big G & cruisekap.  Really appreciate it & it helps us make a decision about the transatlantic next year.  Really wanted to go out of Tampa as we are only 1/2 hr. from the port & our son can take us over & then we can fly home to Tampa.  Easy peasy!   Wasn't sure about this class of ship having never sailed that class, always bigger & we've never done a trans, so was alittle concerned.  Thanks again & this is why I love Cruise Critic !

Great to have some info on rhapsody as not much info on these boards about her. We are on a med cruise out of Venice in June. Looking forward to amazing ports and good to hear the ship is in good shape 

4 hours ago, cruisekap said:

I was on Rhapsody in November.  I loved it. My husband did too and he usually likes the bigger ships.  I found the staff very friendly and the atmosphere more intimate and cozy. It was fabulous.  

If you don't mind me asking, what category cabin did you have?  Not sure if we should book balcony or the large ocean view midship?

4 minutes ago, IrishLassie said:

If you don't mind me asking, what category cabin did you have?  Not sure if we should book balcony or the large ocean view midship?

Spacious Oceanview Balcony 7062.  We enjoy having a balcony and consider it part of our room/living space.  I am sure you will be happy with either option.  

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Great to have some info on rhapsody as not much info on these boards about her. We are on a med cruise out of Venice in June. Looking forward to amazing ports and good to hear the ship is in good shape 

I did a med cruise of Rhapsody last November out of Venice. It was perfect and the ship is in great shape.  It may have been my imagination but I found that the food was better on Rhapsody than on the last few Royal cruises I was on.  I always enjoy the food and am not as particular as some people. Even though the menu was the same as Allure, and Mariner (recent cruises for me) it seemed to be better on Rhapsody. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, sgmn said:

You will have a fabulous time.  Which ports are you going to?  I went out of Venice, and the ports of call were Dubrovnik, Kotor, Katacolon, Santorini(this port was cancelled due to rough seas and winds, instead we went to Corfu and Agostoli.). Have you been to these ports before?  I looked through my photos and realize I don't have many of the ship as I mostly took photos of the sights.

7 minutes ago, cruisekap said:

You will have a fabulous time.  Which ports are you going to?  I went out of Venice, and the ports of call were Dubrovnik, Kotor, Katacolon, Santorini(this port was cancelled due to rough seas and winds, instead we went to Corfu and Agostoli.). Have you been to these ports before?  I looked through my photos and realize I don't have many of the ship as I mostly took photos of the sights.

Yes, the exact same cruise. We've been to santorni before but the others are new. Hope we have better weather, though Corfu would be a good swap 

You are so spoiled being that close to such amazing ports.  I am back in UK and taking Explorer out of Southampton this Oct. I really wanted to see Santorini so I guess I have to book another cruise.  😀

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sgmn said:

Me too.  June 22nd.

Great ship, smaller and more intimate.  Sailed on her in May 2017 out of Venice, amazing trip, Staff were excellent, friendlyist we have ever experienced, food was above par.  Doing the exact same Iteniary next month. Cannot wait....

Edited by SConnolly

On 4/5/2019 at 2:10 PM, IrishLassie said:

We are booked on that ship for 2020 B2B T/A to Tampa, going on it next week for the heck of it, been on it before smaller, older, but excellent, more friendly crew and passengers.  Many who have been canceled on other ships, Oasis for one, are jumping on this 2020 T/A, as well as other canceled ships, it is filling up, got a great price but that was 2 months ago, depends on what one wants I guess, good luck