Club class Dining & Menu

bobbismith

Good morning, 

We are very blessed to have a mini suite and CC dining for our Alaska cruise in mid- June on the Coral Princess. Can anyone share their experience? Any suggestions? Are the menus the same? Does anyone have menus or patters from 2018 they would like share? We will be in C504. I am very excited. TIA for Alaska or Princess advice.   We are doing our land tour and Princess Land Tour. Also, 2 days in BC and 2 days in Seattle. Bobbi

Club Class is a section of one of the DR's. It is open each day for breakfast and dinner and lunch on sea days, just like the other MDR's. It is anytime dining. You go anytime you want and you will be seated fairly quickly. Seating is mostly at tables for two unless you make arrangements with other passengers to share a table. The service level is a step up from the regular DR's. Waiters will get to know you and your preferences. The menu is the same as the the MDR's except for dinner there is an additional menu item. 

The best thing about CC dining is no wait.  At least the two cruises we've been on we never waited. We had table for four on first cruise and table for two on second cruise.  The waitstaff are pretty good;  like mentioned by skynight; the menu is same as mdr, but they normally have a special for CC.  On our cruise in Feb, one night they were preparing fresh pasta with an arribiatta maranara sauce at your table;  they brought a table on wheels to your table and mixed it at the table.  On other nights they would do things like that.  Get ready you will love it

• Thanks 1

I had CC dining twice.  They offered a special item at lunch and dinner.  Lunch it was usually an appetizer and dinner was a main course that you could also request as an appetizer portion.  

• Thanks 1

Also  on our last CC experience, we were offered two extra dinner items on several days of our 10 days cruise which was new to me (this was on the Grand).  There was the "usual" extra pasta dish made by the head waiter but then they also brought over a complete plate dish for us to visually check out to see if we wanted that.  A couple nights it was a steak dish, like steak Diane; one night some kind of veal dish.  Also, a couple nights or so the head waiter would be doing a hot flambe type of dessert instead of the pasta dish.

This was the first time for this much extra in CC dining which was nice.  But even if the menu were the exact same as the regular main dining room, it is nice to go when you want and get a seat right away; the extra attention is nice also.

For breakfast on one cruise we had different (and in my opinion, better) pastry selections, but not on every ship.  Also you have a choice of the regular OJ or fresh squeezed OJ.

Pooh

Edited by PoohUnderstands

Do all minisuite passengers qualify for club class dining?  I haven’t sailed with Princess for many years, but we are booked into a minisuite in January.  Also, we are a party of 6 and 4 of us have mini suites.  Can our friends sit at our table even if they are not in a minisuite?

6 minutes ago, MomC said:

Do all minisuite passengers qualify for club class dining?  I haven’t sailed with Princess for many years, but we are booked into a minisuite in January.  Also, we are a party of 6 and 4 of us have mini suites.  Can our friends sit at our table even if they are not in a minisuite?

Not all mini-suites are club class.  You need to book a Club Class Mini Suite.

Friends can not sit with you unless they also have a CC Mini.  

1 hour ago, MomC said:

No, only certain mini suites are designated in club class.  They are mostly mid-ship minis with some exceptions. Full suite passengers can also use the Club Class area of the dining room.  As above no exceptions for others to join you at your table if your friends / family do not have a CC mini or full suite.  If you wish to sit in the MDR (non-club class area) with your friends, you are welcome to join them on that side.  

12 hours ago, AF-1 said:

The best thing about CC dining is no wait.  

No wait and the excellent  service.  

Totally enjoyed having CC Dining on our past two cruises.  

Bobbie, hope you will enjoy on your Alaskian cruise as much as we have on ours.  :classic_cool:

11 hours ago, PoohUnderstands said:

Also  on our last CC experience, we were offered two extra dinner items on several days of our 10 days cruise which was new to me (this was on the Grand).  There was the "usual" extra pasta dish made by the head waiter but then they also brought over a complete plate dish for us to visually check out to see if we wanted that.  A couple nights it was a steak dish, like steak Diane; one night some kind of veal dish.  Also, a couple nights or so the head waiter would be doing a hot flambe type of dessert instead of the pasta dish.

This was the first time for this much extra in CC dining which was nice.  But even if the menu were the exact same as the regular main dining room, it is nice to go when you want and get a seat right away; the extra attention is nice also.

For breakfast on one cruise we had different (and in my opinion, better) pastry selections, but not on every ship.  Also you have a choice of the regular OJ or fresh squeezed OJ.

Pooh

Who would choose regular OJ when there is fresh squeezed? 

9 hours ago, MomC said:

As stated there are only a select few mini's that qualify. Suites get Club Class.

No visitors allowed in Club Class.

One thing that strikes me as funny is that when I read the description, when people talk about the head waiter making pasta at the table, I remember back to our first Princess cruise--in the Baltic back in 2001 on the old Crown Princess...One thing I remember on that cruise was that the head waiter often prepared pasta at our table...and we were in a standard cabin...It was just considered ordinary practice in those days.

Anyway...I'm reading this thread out of curiosity...We are embarking Monday on the Emerald Princess on a three night cruise...and we recently upgraded to a Club Class Mini-Suite.  Our original booking had a traditional late dining time--since we were offered 7:15 at the time of the reservation.  We usually book "Anytime", but are frustrated at having to wait for a table.  So 7:15 was acceptable. But there is a thread on Cruise Critic where many reported that, once on the ship, they often change the dining times.

But, somehow, my booking on the website still says "7:15".  I called Princess to ask why that was...Isn't Club Class in a separate section and isn't it "anytime"?  Well, the representative I spoke with was absolutely clueless...Kept saying "You can eat anywhere if you want".  I said "NO...we paid extra for Club Class because that is described as what we want--separate area, no wait, any time".  Somehow, she never quite got it!

12 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

One thing that strikes me as funny is that when I read the description, when people talk about the head waiter making pasta at the table, I remember back to our first Princess cruise--in the Baltic back in 2001 on the old Crown Princess...One thing I remember on that cruise was that the head waiter often prepared pasta at our table...and we were in a standard cabin...It was just considered ordinary practice in those days.

Anyway...I'm reading this thread out of curiosity...We are embarking Monday on the Emerald Princess on a three night cruise...and we recently upgraded to a Club Class Mini-Suite.  Our original booking had a traditional late dining time--since we were offered 7:15 at the time of the reservation.  We usually book "Anytime", but are frustrated at having to wait for a table.  So 7:15 was acceptable. But there is a thread on Cruise Critic where many reported that, once on the ship, they often change the dining times.

But, somehow, my booking on the website still says "7:15".  I called Princess to ask why that was...Isn't Club Class in a separate section and isn't it "anytime"?  Well, the representative I spoke with was absolutely clueless...Kept saying "You can eat anywhere if you want".  I said "NO...we paid extra for Club Class because that is described as what we want--separate area, no wait, any time".  Somehow, she never quite got it!

There is at least one ship that does not have "anytime dining", the Pacific Princess - the club class is a separate area but you still eat at either first sitting or 2nd sitting - of course there were always a few that insisted on coming whenever they liked

18 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

Don't worry about it! 

You have Club Class Dining no matter what the website says  ... just go to the Club Class enterance whenever you wish, show your cruise card/medallion,  and you'll quickly be seated there.  :classic_cool:

Deck 6 midship is your dining room.  When you enter on starboard side of ship there will be a hostess and sign that says club class dining. You will be eating in DaVinci Dining room

• 1 year later...

Hi Does anyone know which restaurant club class dining is on Sky Princess

- Soleil, Cielo or Estrella I think?  It says you access by separate door but cannot see this on deck plans TIA

Edited by Denia37

You will be dinning in the Estrella Dining Room on the port side of the ship.  When you go to that dinning room, the regular patrons will enter through the left side of the entrance and your Club Class entrance is on the right side of the entrance.  There will be a hostess there to direct you.