No More Budweiser On Board???

NJ CRUISE

Recently off the Paradise, and noticed there was no Budweiser being offered in the beer selections at the bars.

Asked a couple of bartenders and they said Carnival was not stocking it anymore.

End of an era I guess.

Has the "King of Beers" really fallen that far???

Edited by NJ CRUISE
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mets123 said:

I haven't had a Bud in over 20 years. There are so many better beers available. If I had a choice of a Bud, or water, I would pick water all the time!

Agree with you about better beer being available but drinking water instead...….that may be taking it too far.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I doubt Budweiser is hurting. Maybe they just want to move up in the world and stick with the better cruiselines. Maybe they got word that CCL likes dumping trash in the ocean and dont want to be associated with that bad publicity. 

5 minutes ago, Umbrae Noctem said:

Hasn't Carnival canned their own beers now? That might be the reason behind it.

They are, but you still can't get it delivered to your room as it's not available for purchase through the Fun Shops. At least from what I've found. That was a major bummer for me when I looked for it. 😕

Budweiser owns so many other companies that the "craft beer" we drink just might be owned by them and we don't even realize it. Lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

They are, but you still can't get it delivered to your room as it's not available for purchase through the Fun Shops. At least from what I've found. That was a major bummer for me when I looked for it. 😕

Budweiser owns so many other companies that the "craft beer" we drink just might be owned by them and we don't even realize it. Lol

Actually Budweiser is no longer American owned.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Almost everything carnival tries to pass off as craft beer besides their own stuff brewed on the Vista class (not the thirsty frog red) and Cigar City isn't really craft. They try to list blue moon as craft when it's one of Coors largest brands. Technically Sam Adams and Sierra Nevada are too I guess. 

41 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

So true! Red Frog is brewed by Budweiser! My husband started drinking Red Frog instead of Bud. 

57 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Actually Budweiser is no longer American owned.

Didn't a global conglomerate named AM-BEV buy it out?

Along with our local Bank Breweries, here on the island?

- about 2 yrs ago?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Aplmac said:

- about 2 yrs ago?

Yes,  and I have sampled Banks the visiting your wonderful island.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I am more upset they removed Bud Light Lime from their ships. I have never been a fan of Budweiser. At least they still carry Bud Light. 

Removing Bud Light would be huge....

13 minutes ago, Aplmac said:

- about 2 yrs ago?

The current name of the conglomerate is Anheuser-Busch InBev & has been non-U.S. owned since 2008.  

Without being political, there has been some domestic job loss due to the new ownership.  But ask any St. Louisan & they would say keep buying Bud since many well paying U.S. jobs still do exist.  And if you ever go to St. Louis, stop by Grant’s Farm!

13 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Yes,  and I have sampled Banks the visiting your wonderful island.

And here's a wash-pan-full of memories for ya!

Taken at my step-daughter's wedding, back in July last year!

DSCN7049.JPG

• Like 2

It is physically impossible to have a Budweiser thread without hearing that "better" beers exist. Just like everything else. There's better cruise lines, better food, better ports, blah blah blah.

Personally, I'm sick of craft beers. I feel like garbage after drinking them. I love a good Bud Light Platinum for abv and being lighter. What I'm more sad about is Carnival doesn't carry Jim Beam. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, louanne93 said:

So true! Red Frog is brewed by Budweiser! My husband started drinking Red Frog instead of Bud. 

No Carnivals Red Frog is brewed right on board. Your thinking of Thirsty Frog Red Ale by Budweiser. 

• Like 1