Disembarkaion Suite Breakfast

dbeckett

When we got into the suite on the Island Princess on a Panama Partial in March I was delighted to see that there was going to be breakfast for suites in Sabatini's.  I have asked Princess if it cannot be done in letters following cruises (working on the latest) and it seemed that my whining was listened to.  I told a number of other Sabatini breakfast users that it would be happening.  When I said to the wonderful Sabatini breakfast crew how happy I was they said it was only the second time it had happened.

We went down for breakfast on disembarkation imagine the reaction to find that there had been an electrical fault so the only things that could be offered were mimosas, coffee and pastries.   Surely the coffee takes electricity.   The cynic in me is saying it was a one off and it will not be a freature.

Has anyone had suite breakfast in the regular location on disembarkation day?   I would really like to think that it is going to happen on the next cruise but....

Thanks for any responses

50 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

You can also enjoy room service as a Suite benefit.

Yes, indeed.  Room service breakfast is my choice on disembarkation day.  So easy and convenient.  So good for being ready to go on time.  Enjoy!🙂🍴🍽😌🌝

Edited by Cruiserkenn

2 minutes ago, Cruiserkenn said:

Yes, indeed.  Room service breakfast is my choice on disembarkation day.  So easy and convenient.  So good for being ready to go on time.  Enjoy!🙂🍴🍽🍘

but do you 'have' to be outta your suite by  8am ? ... as we really don't have to rush off the ship this time ..:classic_sad:

11 minutes ago, voljeep said:

but do you 'have' to be outta your suite by  8am ? ... as we really don't have to rush off the ship this time ..:classic_sad:

In our experience (non-Suites), Stewart needs the bed as priority 1 and if you have neatly packed up, there is NP leaving bags in room while have breakfast.  Don't see why cannot get room service.  I wouldn't push occupying the room too late though as there are other places to hang out.

Hmmm,  you guys had it lucky.  I could not order room service on last day.  There was a note in our cabin that said room service would not be available on debarkation; and the world fresh buffet was open.  I did not eat breakfast anyway since we were off the ship by 7:15am

23 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Hmmm,  you guys had it lucky.  I could not order room service on last day.  There was a note in our cabin that said room service would not be available on debarkation; and the world fresh buffet was open.  I did not eat breakfast anyway since we were off the ship by 7:15am

Room service is offered on debarkation day for suites only.

Only one time we got Sabatinis suite breakfast on disembarkation morning was when the ship (can’t remember which one) was going into dry dock.  And we even got to stay in our rooms a little bit longer, since only workers were going to board.

On my cruise in January there was a generic note saying no room service on disembarkation morning.  But, I went into Princess@Sea and it was available to order, so we did and we got it.  I think they don't advertise it so if you don't know, you don't know.  Thanks to Cruise Critic for letting me know!  

19 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Yea, I was in a suite and didn't get room service.  Guess next time I will investigate this more.  Thanks.

In our experiences in suites, to get the disembarkation room service breakfast we had to fill out the room service breakfast card and hang it on the door knob when we went to bed.  The card listed a hot breakfast sandwich that we really liked.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, voljeep said:

Princess asks everyone to be out of their cabins by 8 am for a good reason.  There are plenty of places you can wait to disembark.  The disembarkation lounge for Platinum, Elite, and Suite guests has coffee, tea, juices and pastries.  Cabin stewards have a tremendous amount of work to do on the disembarkation/embarkation day.  Loafing in your cabin past 8 am just puts the steward behind in his work and means the embarking passengers that have booked your cabin may not get settled in the cabin as early as they should.  Be considerate and vacate your cabin as early as possible and hang the "Refresh My Cabin" on the door knob when you leave.

we always are out by 8, usually around 7 or so , waiting to disembark as we have a  hour drive home ...

usually on Sundays when our boarder closed early ... but this will be our 1st cruise that we don't need to

do that ...:classic_sad: ... so we will probably just go to club class if that is open ..

3 hours ago, nukesubsailor said:

In our experiences in suites, to get the disembarkation room service breakfast we had to fill out the room service breakfast card and hang it on the door knob when we went to bed.  The card listed a hot breakfast sandwich that we really liked.

Thanks for the info;  I had used the app for room service during the week;  don't know if I ever saw the sign to hang on door.  No biggie

3 minutes ago, suekel said:

And you can order more than what is preprinted on the card, just write in what you want.  

and ordering and getting are two different things ...

I know, I know - well "we've" ALWAYS gotten everything we've written in ..

j/s

On 4/14/2019 at 1:27 PM, dbeckett said:

When we got into the suite on the Island Princess on a Panama Partial in March I was delighted to see that there was going to be breakfast for suites in Sabatini's.  I have asked Princess if it cannot be done in letters following cruises (working on the latest) and it seemed that my whining was listened to.  I told a number of other Sabatini breakfast users that it would be happening.  When I said to the wonderful Sabatini breakfast crew how happy I was they said it was only the second time it had happened.

We went down for breakfast on disembarkation imagine the reaction to find that there had been an electrical fault so the only things that could be offered were mimosas, coffee and pastries.   Surely the coffee takes electricity.   The cynic in me is saying it was a one off and it will not be a freature.

Has anyone had suite breakfast in the regular location on disembarkation day?   I would really like to think that it is going to happen on the next cruise but....

Thanks for any responses

Maybe it is too early in the morning for me but I am not sure what you are trying to say here:   

We always stay in suites and for the past two years the suites have had disembarkment breakfast in the MDR on deck 6.    They use the starboard side for suites and regular breakfast is in the rest of it.    It has been so nice and one of the crew takes all your carry ons and sets them aside.    It is not in Sabitinis but the menu is the same.   It is served by the club class staff but only full suites are invited - not club class minis.

Prior to this change, we have always been able to order from room service on every cruise.

16 hours ago, Ferd Berfle said:

Every time we've been in a suite the steward has told us not to rush since he has plenty of cabins to do before ours.  An un-advertised suite perk I guess.

Same for us.   But we try to get out of there.  That is the day from hell for cabin stewards

8 minutes ago, compozer said:

Maybe it is too early in the morning for me but I am not sure what you are trying to say here:   

We always stay in suites and for the past two years the suites have had disembarkment breakfast in the MDR on deck 6.    They use the starboard side for suites and regular breakfast is in the rest of it.    It has been so nice and one of the crew takes all your carry ons and sets them aside.    It is not in Sabitinis but the menu is the same.   It is served by the club class staff but only full suites are invited - not club class minis.

Prior to this change, we have always been able to order from room service on every cruise.

I am not understanding why several of us are having such different experiences from others but somehow each of us had consistency amongst our own cruises. It is crazy...

I've been in 4 suites over the past 2 years. All 4 times the disembarkation breakfast was in club class dining in the MDR but it was definitely for all club class passengers (suites and cc minis). We also did not have the Sabatini's menu, it was just the regular dining room breakfast menu (and no included mimosas).