What's standard in a room?

My husband and I are first time cruisers, and sailing on Oasis of the Seas this summer. Wondering what is standard in a room? A room safe,? Fridge? Microwave? Shampoo? Conditioner? Body soap? I cant seem to locate info on these among the FAQs. Thanks!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JudiB123 said:

My husband and I are first time cruisers, and sailing on Oasis of the Seas this summer. Wondering what is standard in a room? A room safe,? Fridge? Microwave? Shampoo? Conditioner? Body soap? I cant seem to locate info on these among the FAQs. Thanks!

Just off Anthem. Had a room safe, fridge, shampoo/conditioner combined and bar soap for washing. I would expect this to be pretty standard.

Don't forget there are blankets, pillows, towels, ice bucket with ice on request, drink glasses.  You can ask for wine glasses if you bring your own wine.  And don't laugh about the towels as a hotel in Southampton had only 1 set for 2 people!

• Like 1

TV, hair dryer, desk area with makeup mirror, air conditioning, sofa (chair in connecting rooms), little bedside tables, telephone.

google “Oasis of the seas” and your cabin number  and “youtube” to see if there are any videos out there. 

What at is your cabin number?

32 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Don't forget there are blankets, pillows, towels, ice bucket with ice on request, drink glasses.  You can ask for wine glasses if you bring your own wine.  And don't laugh about the towels as a hotel in Southampton had only 1 set for 2 people!

Speaking of towels, they don't provide pool towels in the cabin, you have to check them out at a towel station.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

What is the difference between a cooler and a fridge?

Cooler does not get as cold as a fridge, though I read that the coolers on the newer ships do better.

3 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

What is the difference between a cooler and a fridge?

A refrigerator will use refrigerant and a compressor like your fridge at home.  A cooler uses one heat sink inside of the unit, and one outside of the unit, along with a fan inside, so no mechanical cooling being used.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, A2Mich said:

A refrigerator will use refrigerant and a compressor like your fridge at home.  A cooler uses one heat sink inside of the unit, and one outside of the unit, along with a fan inside, so no mechanical cooling being used.

"Cool", I never knew that was why they were not as cold.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

They wouldn't necessarily but many hotel rooms do have them so it's reasonable for someone to ask about them.

Dead right; the OP stated that they were first-time cruisers.
OP: there is no such thing as a dumb question. You made good use of what CC is all about. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Thank you so much!!

4 hours ago, 138east said:

TV, hair dryer, desk area with makeup mirror, air conditioning, sofa (chair in connecting rooms), little bedside tables, telephone.

google “Oasis of the seas” and your cabin number  and “youtube” to see if there are any videos out there. 

What at is your cabin number?

Thank you! I tried googling my room (8543) and didnt find any specific to the room, but others probably similar. I appreciate the suggestion!

15 minutes ago, Johnamac123 said:

Good question for a newbie. Please don't be offended by the smarta$$ responses. 

Thanks! It's not only our first time, but it was booked by our kids, and they are pretty green too, so they sent me here. 

• Like 1