ms Nieuw Statendam and Zuiderdam in Port Everglades April 21, 2019

Scrapnana

Two more of our HAL ships head off for the summer season in Europe.  These two will be in port together May 3, 4, and 5.

Nieuw Statendam will be at pier 26 (port to) from 0530-1600.  She is headed out for a 14-day Azores and Normandy Expedition repositioning cruise.  We will be waving goodbye to our fellow sail-away addict, Roy.

Praia Da Vitoria, Azores (28 Apr 1000-1800); Ponta Delgada, Azores (29 Apr 0800-1800); Cherbourg, France (03 May 0700-1900); Zeebrugge (Bruges), Belgium (04 May 1000-1900); Amsterdam, Holland (05 May a0800)

47579406022_008fed655f_o.jpg

Zuiderdam will be at pier 21 (starboard to) from 0545-1600.  Her 16-day repositioning cruise is also called the Azores and Normandy Expedition.

Kings Wharf, Bermuda (24 Apr 0800-1700); Praia Da Vitoria, Azores (29 Apr 0800-1800); Cherbourg, France (03 May 0700-1900); Zeebrugge (Bruges), Belgium (04 May 1000-1900); Amsterdam, Holland (05 May 0800-1800); Copenhagen, Denmark (07 May a0700)

47601769532_0d0d6d3589_o.jpg

Also in port are Adventure OTS at pier 29 (0430-1730), Carnival Conquest at pier 19 (0400-1600), Celebrity Edge at pier 25 (0600-1600), and Harmony OTS at pier 18 (0515-1630).  Doubtless there will be some delays with four ships scheduled to leave at 1600.

The PTZtv webcams can be found at https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/ and https://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/.

Next up:  Zaandam on April 24.

Edited by Scrapnana
  • Like 1

Thanks for posting this information.  I surely hope Zuiderdam and Nieuw Statendam will sail close to 1600 because that would help facilitate my Easter dinner plans.  But, if not, unless they are extremely late in sailing, I expect to be present to raise a glass wishing them "Bon Voyage" for a successful European cruise season.

Almost done with the season. 

After Zaandam on Wednesday - the next Dam ship will be Amsterdam returning from her world cruise on Thursday May 16th - well into the Alaskan season and our Juneau webcam.

I hope nothing prevents me from seeing Zuidy (one of my favorite class of ship [Vista]) and -  NS - who will no longer be blocked out by Ugly every Sunday.

I haven't requested a wave but will be attempting the same thing that didn't work out on the Koningsdam 2 years ago.  I will station myself on the top deck above the Nieuw Statendam sign and I hope to have the towel I used while on the Crystal Serenity.  I don't think I will carry it on so I hope my luggage arrives in time to pull it out.

Roy

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I haven't requested a wave but will be attempting the same thing that didn't work out on the Koningsdam 2 years ago.  I will station myself on the top deck above the Nieuw Statendam sign and I hope to have the towel I used while on the Crystal Serenity.  I don't think I will carry it on so I hope my luggage arrives in time to pull it out.

Roy

I hope you have washed it Roy!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Thanks Nana! I've been looking all day for what pier Zuiderdam would be at, I should have known I could count on you! (Someone on my roll call also found the answer with an app?) 

There is a Port Everglades app named CruiseSchedule PortEverglades in the app store for Apple products.  I don't know if there is one for android devices.  You can also use the following site https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/ on your computer.

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Happy Easter Alan.  Nieuw Statendam picking up the pilot.  Zuiderdam still heading north off Dania Beach.

Roy

Have a great voyage - and will see you back soon. 

Do not miss today's sailaway - it will be special.