comedy shows for minor

3shar

53 minutes ago, 3shar said:

Ok remind me not to ask a question again. I was purely asking about the age and if they stick to it? It really is up to MY discretion what my children see and hear. I know my daughter and know what she and the rest of us would be comfortable with. A simple no that they stick to the age limit would have been sufficient. It was not my intent to cause a verbal battle online

Understand what you are saying, however, please remember that after receiving an answer you were the one to comment that you would ask for the rules be changed to accommodate you. (Post #8).   

Enjoy your cruise 

Edited by Grandma Dazzles
  • Like 2

I'm sure this view won't be popular, but here goes anyway.  On Oasis class ships the comedy show is in a very small venue so seats are limited.  I'd be a bit annoyed if  I couldn't get a seat because someone's underage child is sitting there where he/she doesn't belong. 

JMO.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

I'm sure this view won't be popular, but here goes anyway.  On Oasis class ships the comedy show is in a very small venue so seats are limited.  I'd be a bit annoyed if  I couldn't get a seat because someone's underage child is sitting there where he/she doesn't belong. 

JMO.

LIKE!!!!!!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

JMO.

Agree. 

• Like 2

On the first Oasis TA they could not fill the comedy shows, literally had staff going up to higher decks trying to convince people to go to fill most seats.  Even in that case, our almst 18 year old was not allowed in with us (parents and older sibling).  

We went to the show 4 or so times (again, they could not fill it) and enjoyed it every time and wished he could have come (and most people guessed him in his mid 20s looking at him, but his card made it clear he was a minor and they do, or did, check cards).  I am glad to no longer have kids under 18.

As to whether the OP'S daughter, or anyone else, would be comfortable at the adult comedy shows with siblings or parents---gosh I hope people know their own family and experiences well enough to make that call for themselves. 

I was just going to ask this exact question.  Last night we were finally able to book our entertainment for our Oasis cruise.  When I got to the comedy shows I couldn't reserve it for my 16 year old son.  The description didn't say it was adults only and the show is at 8:30 so I was really suprised I couldn't book it.  We've never sailed Oasis class before.  Too bad, he's the only one out of the 4 of us that likes comedy shows and he's the one who can't go!

5 minutes ago, susanrobert said:

I was just going to ask this exact question.  Last night we were finally able to book our entertainment for our Oasis cruise.  When I got to the comedy shows I couldn't reserve it for my 16 year old son.  The description didn't say it was adults only and the show is at 8:30 so I was really suprised I couldn't book it.  We've never sailed Oasis class before.  Too bad, he's the only one out of the 4 of us that likes comedy shows and he's the one who can't go!

As noted in this thread previously, there are regular comedy shows in the main theater.  The comedy club - much smaller, club-like setting, is the adults only venue. Your son can go to comedy shows in the theater; comedy club is the adult venue. 

1 minute ago, Grandma Dazzles said:

As noted in this thread previously, there are regular comedy shows in the main theater.  The comedy club - much smaller, club-like setting, is the adults only venue. Your son can go to comedy shows in the theater; comedy club is the adult venue. 

I guess you don't need to prebook those shows?   Nothing else shows in the cruise planner.  Having never sailed Oasis class before this is all new to me.

1 minute ago, susanrobert said:

I guess you don't need to prebook those shows?   Nothing else shows in the cruise planner.  Having never sailed Oasis class before this is all new to me.

That's true.  There is no way to book in advance.

9 hours ago, 3shar said:

Question about the comedy shows. I know there is mention of being the "adult" show in the evenings. How strict are they on age? My daughter will be 17 1/2 and would want to go with her brothers that are a little older. I have no issue with her going she certainly hears worse things at school haha. Does anyone have an experience with this? Staying in Star class suite so I dont know if the Genie would be able to make this happen also.

Your Genie should be able to help you.  We met some other star class cruisers with kids and the genie was able to work work their magic.  They were younger kids so it was not the comedy club.

12 minutes ago, susanrobert said:

10 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

That's true.  There is no way to book in advance.

We prebooked for our cruise on HOTS last week. We pre booked a while back before the cruise. It was an option in our cruise planner. 

14 minutes ago, TravisP said:

We prebooked for our cruise on HOTS last week. We pre booked a while back before the cruise. It was an option in our cruise planner. 

We haven't been able to book the family friendly show in advance.  We could book the regular comedy shows in the comedy club.  We were on Harmony in Jan and couldn't do it for that or for Allure.  I just tried again to find the family friendly one for our Allure cruise and it i not listed to make reservations.  There are 2 items for stand up comedy and both are adults only as my son and his family are sailing with me and the one that doesn't specify adult won't let me book my granddaughter who is 14 into the show.

Edited by katiel53

1 minute ago, katiel53 said:

We haven't been able to book the family friendly show in advance.  We could book the regular comedy shows in the comedy club.  We were on Harmony in Jan and couldn't do it for that or for Allure.

When we were on Oasis, the family friendly comedy in the Main Theater was first come, first served, no reservations.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TravisP said:

The family friendly comedy show in the theater was not available to book in the cruise planner for our upcoming Harmony cruise.

Last summer on our Star class cruise on Oasis, my one son turned 18 on the last day of the cruise and my other son was a few months shy of 17.  Our Genie got us seats in the comedy club, and said we could see if the youngest could stay,  but as we were waiting the Genie was called out of the venue and when she came back she said that our 16 year old had to leave.  They let our oldest stay but she couldn’t get anyone to approve our 16 year old, I think she actually got in trouble for letting him in.  (We had no idea that 18 was the minimum age to be in there, we though it was just a thing to say it would have adult language/content.). She felt bad that he couldn’t stay with us so she then took the 16 year old to the headliner show and let him meet the singers, got pictures with them and brought him back to us at the end of the comedy show.  

We now know that it is age enforced and this summer we won’t even ask the Genie to let him in or my nieces who are not 18.

Depending on ship or Genie you may have a different experience. 

1 hour ago, ownedbypets said:

Your Genie should be able to help you.  We met some other star class cruisers with kids and the genie was able to work work their magic.  They were younger kids so it was not the comedy club.

Why would anyone ask their genie to break rules for them and possibly get in trouble? Getting kids into venues where they would otherwise be allowed is a different story altogether. 

1 minute ago, gerif said:

Why would anyone ask their genie to break rules for them and possibly get in trouble? Getting kids into venues where they would otherwise be allowed is a different story altogether. 

I'm not saying that rules should be broken.  Genies do a lot for their guests and do everything in their power to make them happy.  If a guest is too small to do an activity or too young for a show they will usually find an alternative.  

4 minutes ago, gerif said:

I will say we did not ask the Genie to break the rules.  She is the one who had scheduled us for the comedy club.  On our activity sheet she gave us on our boarding day it said “Adult Comedy Show”. As it was our first time on Oasis class we had no idea that there was an age restriction, we thought it was a statement saying there was adult content like the comedy shows in the main theater on the other ships.  Once we were in the club, was the first she said to us let’s see if he could stay.   We felt bad she got in trouble but we honestly didn’t know.  I’m assuming since she planned on all of us going that in the past she’s done it for other guests.  And I know that on our same cruise another Genie took his teens to the show because our Genie told us and said we could try again if we wanted.  We declined.