Transportation Seattle

pthjudy

I know this should be posted in a different forum but I always expect a great response from the Princess boards. We are taking the Ruby out of Seattle to Alaska on June 1. We have 2 nights at the Westin in Seattle pre cruise. I’d like to make a car service reservation for 3 from the airport to the hotel. Have any of you used a reasonably priced service that will pick us up curbside? We don’t need a limo but something big enough for us and our luggage. Thanks. 

To check fares to/from locations in and around Seattle try this website: https://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Seattle and look for the Heartland Toyota ad just below the map. There are 4 buttons below that under the title Sponsored Searches. You will find responses for limos under there.

Princess also has a transfer service from the Westin directly to Pier 91 which also collects your luggage from your room and transports it to the pier which keeps you from having to handle your baggage at all. Your bags will be moved from the hotel and the next time you'll see them is at your stateroom on the ship. You will be dropped off at the pier at about 10:30-11:00 which will be just about the time that check-in will begin.

Tom

Edited by Pierlesscruisers

I read that the place to catch a cab is across the street from where we exit from baggage. I was hoping to get a curbside pickup due to lots of luggage and lots of years too. 

I was told by a local airport hotel that the cost of a cab to the port  from the airport would be around $70. For what its worth.  😀

2 hours ago, pthjudy said:

I know this should be posted in a different forum but I always expect a great response from the Princess boards. We are taking the Ruby out of Seattle to Alaska on June 1. We have 2 nights at the Westin in Seattle pre cruise. I’d like to make a car service reservation for 3 from the airport to the hotel. Have any of you used a reasonably priced service that will pick us up curbside? We don’t need a limo but something big enough for us and our luggage. Thanks. 

We were in Seattle last summer before our Alaska cruise.  We used a company called "Already There Town Car Service"  to pick us up at the airport and take us to our hotel near the Space Needle.  They were excellent.  We were 3 adults with a large case each and a carry on each.   I think the car was a Mercedes Sedan and they picked us up right as we came out of the terminal.  If I remember correctly, it was $50.  We used them again to take us to the airport from the hotel. (we stayed one night post cruise in Seattle).

I would recommend them.   

30 minutes ago, Daisyloo said:

We were in Seattle last summer before our Alaska cruise.  We used a company called "Already There Town Car Service"  to pick us up at the airport and take us to our hotel near the Space Needle.  They were excellent.  We were 3 adults with a large case each and a carry on each.   I think the car was a Mercedes Sedan and they picked us up right as we came out of the terminal.  If I remember correctly, it was $50.  We used them again to take us to the airport from the hotel. (we stayed one night post cruise in Seattle).

I would recommend them.   

That’s exactly what we are looking for. I will contact them tomorrow. Thank you. 

3 hours ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

To check fares to/from locations in and around Seattle try this website: https://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Seattle and look for the Heartland Toyota ad just below the map. There are 4 buttons below that under the title Sponsored Searches. You will find responses for limos under there.

Princess also has a transfer service from the Westin directly to Pier 91 which also collects your luggage from your room and transports it to the pier which keeps you from having to handle your baggage at all. Your bags will be moved from the hotel and the next time you'll see them is at your stateroom on the ship. You will be dropped off at the pier at about 10:30-11:00 which will be just about the time that check-in will begin.

Tom

This is great information, thank you.  We are staying at the Marriott downtown. How would I find out if Princess provides this service to other hotels?

1 hour ago, turquoisesea said:

This is great information, thank you.  We are staying at the Marriott downtown. How would I find out if Princess provides this service to other hotels?

Princess uses the Westin downtown and the DoubleTree by SeaTac. Those are the only 2 hotels they use in the Seattle area. Since you're staying downtown, I'm attaching a text file to this message that gives more information about transportation that is available from the downtown area to Pier 91. When asking for costs, and when getting into your bus/cab/whatever, make sure that they know that you are going to Pier 91 and NOT Pier 66, as Pier 66 is 3+ miles further away from Pier 66 and more than once I've seen cruisers dropped off at the wrong pier.  That can be a really big problem if it's close to sailing time when you're dropped off! 😥😥

Hope y'all all have a safe trip to/from Seattle and a great cruise.  See you at the pier!

Tom

We used Shuttle Express and booked a town car for the three of us, and the cost three years ago was $74, not including gratuity.  They were there at the baggage collection area with  sign with our name on it, but we did have to walk a little bit through a garage where he parked the SUV.  Very fancy SUV. He was courteous, prompt,  and efficient.  

We also booked this service for pickup pickup from hotel to pier and it was $36 for three of us and nobody else was in the small shuttle bus.  

17 hours ago, Daisyloo said:

I would recommend them.   

I have tried calling them and send them an email, but so far - cannot get through on either.  Wonder if they are still in business?

I’ve been in contact with them today. I did fill out the form and they got back to me. I will use them from airport to hotel and then after cruise to airport. I priced out from hotel to ship but their minimum charge is $50 and the pier is rather close so a cab will suffice. By the way unless you book the hotel through Princess (they do use the Westin but I booked directly with the hotel) they won’t sell you a transfer to the ship. 

3 minutes ago, Penzance said:

No, I didn't want to send them all our credit card information (requested on their reservation form) before speaking with them.

I didn’t send them the credit card information until I had gotten prices etc. 

3 hours ago, dacsmom said:

I booked Seattle Shuttle. Very reasonable rates and easy to get in touch with.

There a good company to deal with. Are you going from Sea-Tac airport to the pier?

12 minutes ago, Eaglecw said:

There a good company to deal with. Are you going from Sea-Tac airport to the pier?

From SeaTac to a hotel, then the next morning to the port. 

For those still looking, I've used Quality Town Car for transport to / from airport.  It's a very good service.  They used to be called Seattle  Town Car and Airport Shuttle, changed the name due to too many companies with nearly identical business name & mix ups.  

Flying into Seattle the morning of the cruise - July 29th?  

Typically we fly in the day before a cruise but for this one, we're considering arriving the morning of.  We're coming from Denver, a 3 hr non-stop flight on United scheduled to arrive into SeaTac at 10:15 AM.  There are 2 of us and we'll each have one large suitcase to pick up at the carousel and I will pre-arrange a town car to pick us up rather than dealing with a bus or shuttle. 

The ship (HAL Amsterdam) sails from Pier 91 at 4:00 PM and they say to arrive SeaTac by 1:00 PM (now THAT would make me nervous, even if we booked HAL's air).

I am aware that there might still be construction happening on Alaskan Way that could make traffic heavier on I-5 but maybe by that time of the morning things will have slacked off a bit - anymore it seems like traffic is heavy any time of day?  Also, if something causes our flight to be delayed or cancelled, there is a second nonstop that arrives SeaTac at 11:30 AM. 

We have trip insurance so should be covered if we miss the ship and have to meet it in Ketchikan two days later but obviously that's not our preference.

So for all you locals, what say you?  Fly in Sunday and pay to spend one night pre-cruise or we should be fine flying on Monday morning?

Thanks!!

We too only have a 3 hour flight to Seatac which is scheduled to arrive in the morning, but after one of our 5 hour flights (to NY to start a cruise) turned into 10 hour nightmare, we vowed always to fly in at least a day before the cruise.  We did manage to get on board in NY with 1/2 hour to spare but then had to head straight to the bar to calm our nerves.  😮  

Edited by Penzance
type