They Changed My Itinerary!

12 hours ago, 2cmu92 said:

Have not gotten an email for the July 7th cruise yet...but sure it is coming.   As long as the cruise is not cancelled I can roll with it.   This should not be anything that would potentially cancel a cruise would it?

I'm also on that sailing.  Someone in our rollcall group (come join if you haven't yet), got one.   They extending the stay in St Maarten an hour and cut 2 hours off in San Juan.   Leaving at 1 is really putting a kink in most of the shore excursions.    Labatdee stays the same.

1 minute ago, E23NK1 said:

I dont think anyone wants their cruise cancelled but I do think everyone wants what we paid for.

I feel like I just bought a pizza, opened the box and there are only 6 slices but I still have to pay for 8.

RCI should offer some sort of compensation to us...thats just common sense and the right thing to do.

This is a great analogy about the situation and I agree 100%!!

We just received the change email, 3 days before departure, WTH.  Now I feel we are captive and can't do anything about it, airfare is booked, hotel too (with check out at 11am).  To boot they aren't letting us embark or even arrive at the cruise terminal until 4-7 pm on May 5th 2019.  What are we supposed to do with luggage and stuff from 11am until 4 pm?  I feel like we have lost a whole day on the ship, and then what happens with dinner reservations when we have a 8pm send off?  I'm a little shook up about this after being booked for over a year!  Is it our fault the propulsion pods don't work? Why wait to tell us until 3 days before? 

RCCL also took my reservation and money months ago for lunch at Chops at noon on embarkation day, but I can't even get on the ship until 4-7pm.  No one has contacted me about this either....  It's a big mess.

My daughter called to talk to someone and the customer service was awful, then a supervisor said there is nothing we can do about it, no compensation will be given either.

I wish they had let us know more in advance and I would have made changes.

Anyone else out there have any luck with getting some answers?

2 hours ago, E23NK1 said:

Its the equivalent to buying a pizza and getting 6 slices but still being expected to pay for all 8.

Ehh...the whole pizza technically is still the same size whether you slice it into 6 or 8 slices.  You're still getting a cruise and it's spelled out clearly in the cruise contract that the ports are never guaranteed.

Check your travel insurance policies..some of them have a clause where if the port itinerary is changed or the ports are changed there is a set reimbursement you can claim.  A lot of people don't realize this exists.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Ehh...the whole pizza technically is still the same size whether you slice it into 6 or 8 slices.  You're still getting a cruise and it's spelled out clearly in the cruise contract that the ports are never guaranteed.

Check your travel insurance policies..some of them have a clause where if the port itinerary is changed or the ports are changed there is a set reimbursement you can claim.  A lot of people don't realize this exists.

Let me explain alittle further....What I meant is they cut the pizza into 8 slices and took 2 out...and then gave me the pizza so I now only have 6 slices....so not a whole pizza....when I open the box you can see that 2 slices are missing....very poor customer service.

Thanks I will check the insurance.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, loman said:

I get one hour more in St maarten and next day San Juan is cut short 2 hours leaving at 1 pm

This is September 8th sailing 

Those changes aren't bad at all, changes like that I could understand.

Edited by springfire

2 minutes ago, springfire said:

Those changes aren't bad at all, changes like that I could understand.

Same change for 7/7 sailing.  I'm not happy about it, but it could be worse!!

Edited by cruiser123!

9 minutes ago, Mummyof5 said:

I took out the RCCL travel protection program, where do I find a copy of that document?

I have the same and am wondering if its covered but I think the insurance from RCCL would probably not cover this as it would go against them.

I did find this link but will probably just call them.

https://coverage.archinsurancesolutions.com/description-of-coverage/be3c5365-8e78-e811-8110-1418776a18cb

24 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Could we theoretically get reimbursed for the time cut even if we stay on the cruise?  I'm confused on what I should be looking for in my policy.

1 minute ago, cruiser123! said:

In our 9/15 sailing, we lost a whole day of St Thomas for a few hours in San Juan.  Those kind of changes really change the cruise.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, springfire said:

In our 9/15 sailing, we lost a whole day of St Thomas for a few hours in San Juan.  Those kind of changes really change the cruise.

That would be bad 😞 Sorry for the swap.  Hope you can find something enjoyable in San Juan.

I'm so upset that they traded St Thomas for San Juan.  I have been to PR...I have not been to St Thomas.  Not a fair trade if you ask me and I agree, this kind of change really does change the cruise and they offer ZERO apology as far as an OBC or something.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, cruiser123! said:

Could we theoretically get reimbursed for the time cut even if we stay on the cruise?  I'm confused on what I should be looking for in my policy.

Nationwide calls it cruise itinerary change coverage...I don't know if other plans out there have the option but it wouldn't hurt to check the language in your policy.

And yes, if they changed a port entirely or changed the times on your port visit you could be eligible for the coverage.  It's a set amount per person covered under the policy.  So basically you'd get a payout regardless of if the itinerary change had any personal impact to you..you just would provide the email from Royal showing the itinerary change to file the claim.

1 hour ago, cruiser123! said:

I'm also on that sailing.  Someone in our rollcall group (come join if you haven't yet), got one.   They extending the stay in St Maarten an hour and cut 2 hours off in San Juan.   Leaving at 1 is really putting a kink in most of the shore excursions.    Labatdee stays the same.

We sailed this same itinerary Apr 21 through Apr 28.  They changed our times for the same reasons.  Kind of silly really, only having 4.5 hours in San Juan total.  We did the old/new tour and it worked out fine.  No time to freely explore though.

I imagine it will be repaired in the upcoming dry dock.  Until then all bets are off.

After having been on St Maarten, I'd take just about any other stop or island instead.

Edited by YamahaRyoko

22 minutes ago, cruiser123! said:

Mine changed too.  I thought San Juan and Labadee were reasonably close geographically. If my math is correct, Allure will need to average 17 knots per hour on the journey.

S = D/T

S = 661 km (from San Juan to Labadee)  /  21 hours (leaving at 1pm arriving at 10 am next day)

S = 31.5 Km/h

31.5 km = 17 Knots per hour

Original

San Juan: 7 -3

Labadee: 10-5

New

San Juan 7-1

Labadee: 10-6

I7 knots per hour seems pretty average to me based on what I've seen on the TV. Will we even notice any difference in speed from a 'regular' Caribbean itinerary? 

52 minutes ago, E23NK1 said:

Let me explain alittle further....What I meant is they cut the pizza into 8 slices and took 2 out...and then gave me the pizza so I now only have 6 slices....so not a whole pizza....when I open the box you can see that 2 slices are missing....very poor customer service.

It is more like you ordered a red sauce pizza and they replaced 2 of the slices with Alfredo sauce. Some people love the combination and some hate Alfredo sauce on their pizza.

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, E23NK1 said:

Like the poster above said, you are still getting your whole pizza. You are just getting different toppings on one slice. The rest of the pizza is exactly what you ordered. If they sent out an email saying they are cutting St. Thomas and coming back a day early, then your analogy would be right. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mummyof5 said:

We just received the change email, 3 days before departure, WTH.  Now I feel we are captive and can't do anything about it, airfare is booked, hotel too (with check out at 11am).  To boot they aren't letting us embark or even arrive at the cruise terminal until 4-7 pm on May 5th 2019.  What are we supposed to do with luggage and stuff from 11am until 4 pm?  I feel like we have lost a whole day on the ship, and then what happens with dinner reservations when we have a 8pm send off?  I'm a little shook up about this after being booked for over a year!  Is it our fault the propulsion pods don't work? Why wait to tell us until 3 days before? 

RCCL also took my reservation and money months ago for lunch at Chops at noon on embarkation day, but I can't even get on the ship until 4-7pm.  No one has contacted me about this either....  It's a big mess.

My daughter called to talk to someone and the customer service was awful, then a supervisor said there is nothing we can do about it, no compensation will be given either.

I wish they had let us know more in advance and I would have made changes.

Anyone else out there have any luck with getting some answers?

Most hotels will hold luggage for you.

3 hours ago, springfire said:

Royal has made it clear, they are about the bottom line and they no longer care about customer relationships.  The fact they will not address this propulsion issue for a year is a joke.   It is one thing to change the itinerary for a weather related issue but to just change the itinerary because they do not want to make the proper repairs to the ship just shows they no longer care about their cruisers.  

You realize they can’t just pull into a service station and get s tune up? Having to wait a significant amount of time for a repair of this nature is VERY common amongst ALL cruise lines 

9 minutes ago, fsjosh said:

Like the poster above said, you are still getting your whole pizza. You are just getting different toppings on one slice. The rest of the pizza is exactly what you ordered. If they sent out an email saying they are cutting St. Thomas and coming back a day early, then your analogy would be right. 

How am I getting a whole pizza when I open the box and 2 pieces are missing?...That doesnt look whole to me...but whatever....something must be lost in translation...have a great day and enjoy your cruises wherever the ships take you.

Deuces.

pizza.jpg

• Like 4