Shareholder OBC

smd247

You have to fax in a request.  Include the cruise details (your booking number, ship, sail date, name).  Also include a page showing your investment account info (but you can block out things like balances - just show the CCL with minimum 100 shares). 

Go here and click on the link:  http://www.carnivalcorp.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

You will get a PDF downloaded that explains it all.

• Like 1

Thanks for the response. I'm aware of the mail and fax options but last year for a Carnival cruise I discovered (here on CC) an email option. It worked great and I am hoping there is something similar for Princess. 

If you don't have access to a fax you can send it for free using faxzero.com  I used to fax from work but I gave up work as a bad habit. Now I use faxzero and it works perfectly and costs nothing. If it doesn't go through in a timely manner there is a number you can call to verify that the fax was received. They'll ask for your fax number. Just tell them you sent it via faxzero

Fax: 661 753 0180 (For Sending Shareholder OBC Info) – Address to Booking Support

Tel: 800 872 6779 ext. 30317 (For Confirming OBC Fax Has Been Received)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, smd247 said:

Thanks for the response. I'm aware of the mail and fax options but last year for a Carnival cruise I discovered (here on CC) an email option. It worked great and I am hoping there is something similar for Princess. 

Yes, I have read also that Carnival offers an email option.  Princess has not done so thus far.  Still the old ancient fax method.

3 hours ago, smd247 said:

3 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

Yes, I have read also that Carnival offers an email option.  Princess has not done so thus far.  Still the old ancient fax method.

Princess is right not to do so. E-mail is the absolute least secure method of electronic communications. I would rather send my social security number via FB Messenger than e-mail a scan of any financial document no matter how much of my identifying info was blotted out.

A real improvement would be a dropbox in your cruise personalizer for sending in proof of shares and/or military service, or anything else they may request. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, fishywood said:

A real improvement would be a dropbox in your cruise personalizer for sending in proof of shares and/or military service, or anything else they may request. 

I know.  Excellent idea.

22 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

Princess did offer email as an option back in 2010 and 2011. I still have the CCL shareholder instructions from then with the email address. IF I recall correctly (anyone else remember?), there were issues with viruses and they shut down that capability.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cruiserdru said:

Princess did offer email as an option back in 2010 and 2011. I still have the CCL shareholder instructions from then with the email address. IF I recall correctly (anyone else remember?), there were issues with viruses and they shut down that capability.

AIUI, the issue is a legal opinion about liability under Dodd-Frank(?) if folks do not mask their brokerage account

number effectively enough in an scanned email attachment.  Probably an over-cautious opinion, but once given

Princess is stuck with it.

A document drop in the Personalizer would finesse the issue.

<snark> But then you'd need webmasters with good web-fu </snark>

8 hours ago, TM said:

Faxed in my request earlier in the week and it was posted to the account for my 2 August cruises within a couple of hours.

I was under the impression it had to be sent in closer to the cruise date.  I've always done it about a 3-4 weeks ahead.  Wonder if I can send it in now for my Christmas cruise.

1 hour ago, damiross said:

I was under the impression it had to be sent in closer to the cruise date.  I've always done it about a 3-4 weeks ahead.  Wonder if I can send it in now for my Christmas cruise.

The "within 90 days" requirement was dropped a couple years ago, coinciding with the ability to spend the OBC on shore excursions in advance. A rare useful policy synergy by Princess. So go ahead and get your OBC for December right now.

6 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

If you give this address to your broker. Carnival will accept the information from them via email. But not from you.

shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com

Princess Cruise Lines does not accept e-mail in the U.S. for shareholder's OBC. Only fax or postal service. You can not request shareholder OBC on a Princess cruise by e-mailing Carnival.

14 hours ago, damiross said:

Nov 2020 cruise now shows my SH credit

On 5/5/2019 at 2:57 PM, fishywood said:

Princess is right not to do so. E-mail is the absolute least secure method of electronic communications. I would rather send my social security number via FB Messenger than e-mail a scan of any financial document no matter how much of my identifying info was blotted out.

You can use a simple and free photo editor such as Irfanview to cut out the account and social security numbers from digital or scanned documents prior to faxing.  Princess is happy without this info so long as the statement page has a name, date and an entry showing ownership of at least 100 shares.

On 5/5/2019 at 3:15 PM, cruiserdru said:

Thanks.  Makes perfect sense now.  No viruses with Fax or snail mail.

Thanks, all.  Faxing my shareholder information tomorrow.

Carnival has been a good stock for me.  Even though it's down from its high a while back, it's still doing pretty good.

When you send in a brokerage statement, make sure you have the first page with your printed name. I didn't - I just sent the page showing the Carnival stock.  That was last night. Got an email back this morning saying they needed a statement with the name printed on it.  So, using Faxzero, I faxed in the first page (shows name) and fifth page (shows Carnival shares).  Hopefully that is acceptable.

I use E*Trade - they don't have the name on each statement page.