Why Do You Purchase FTTF?

Another thread got me to thinking about this.  I know why we like FTTF.  We like being able to drop off our carry ons. Being able to go to the head of the line for GS is a plus.  We like being able to go to the head of the line for tenders.  Why do you like FTTF.  Just as a FYI, we will be Platinum on our next cruise.  We do not begrudge anyone purchasing SOME of the perks of Platinum. 

Edited by Butterbean1000
  • Like 1

We purchase it in order to use an express line when arriving at the port, board the ship early, drop off our carry-ons, and to get off of the ship early. We also like the express line at guest services.  I have no problem paying to use a much shorter line.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

We purchase it in order to use an express line when arriving at the port, board the ship early, drop off our carry-ons, and to get off of the ship early. We also like the express line at guest services.  I have no problem paying to use a much shorter line.

^^^^ This.  Plus, it depends on when we fly in.  If we got up at 4 am to catch a 6 am flight, we are generally just done with lines and waiting by the time we reach the ship.

Other times, we fly in the night before and have no problem just booking a check-in time and arriving then.

We are about 50/50 on whether we purchase FTTF.  Just depends on the situation and if we can even find it available.

I don't care about getting on the ship early.  I buy it so that whatever time I arrive, I don't have to stand in line or sit somewhere twiddling my thumbs, waiting to board.

I buy it so that we can carry all luggage on board, go straight to our cabin, and unpack.

Added bonuses for us are dedicated line at Guest Services and early debarkation.

I buy it because standing is difficult and it enhances my entire cruise experience.

I don't care to try to convince anyone else that it's "worth it."  In fact, I wish that fewer people would buy it so that it wouldn't be necessary to check daily, each time I book a cruise, until it becomes available.

Edited by bury me at sea
  • Like 5

The things that most people buy it for at the front end of the cruise are nice, but I've always liked it for early debarkation (and before someone suggests doing self assist, I've participated in those Hunger Games and won't do it again) and as insurance in case I need to go to Guest Services. Before my last cruise I thought it would be my last time buying it due to the price increase as I had never actually had to use GS until I had to use it twice last time. In each case the regular line was about a dozen people long. Getting to go straight to the front due to no one else being in the priority line, and getting my issue taken care of quickly, was nice. I just bought it again last week for my 2020 cruise. 

35 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Another thread got me to thinking about this.  I know why we like FTTF.  We like being able to drop off our carry ons. Being able to go to the head of the line for GS is a plus.  We like being able to go to the head of the line for tenders.  Why do you like FTTF.  Just as a FYI, we will be Platinum on our next cruise.  We do not begrudge anyone purchasing SOME of the perks of Platinum. 

Just wait until you have been Platinum for awhile or on your way to Diamond and your attitude will change. It happens to everyone.  Not sure when it will happen, but one day something will happen that will change your view, like spending 20 minutes in line at GS behind a Blue card with FTTF who is not happy because they don’t use real glasses at bars located in pool areas. 

Edited by PhillyFan33579

2 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Just wait until you have been Platinum for awhile or on your way to Diamond and your attitude will change. It happens to everyone.  Not sure when it will happen, but one day something will happen that will change your view, like spending 20 minutes in line at GS behind a Blue card with FTTF who is not happy because they don’t use real glasses at bars located in pool areas. 

I respect your opinion, but we'll see.

Two reasons! First reason, I LOVE spending as much time as possible on that ship for my vacation! Second reason, my husband is a Type 1 diabetic.  It NEVER fails, every vacation, every holiday, simply switching up his routine as his BS is through the roof.  It's nice for him to have our room to pass out in rather than on Lido looking passed out drunk before we set sail! 🤣

• Like 1

Efficiency of time. It’s my vacation time and I don’t want to wait in lines. 

I work way way too hard to not enjoy every minute of my family and wife time. We lead busy lives and vacations are important to us so if we can increase the experience quality at a reasonable cost, then I’m buying it. 

• Like 1

We always get a suite and also get FTTF (will be Platinum next year). We get it so that our cabin is guaranteed to be ready. Our 15yo son is autistic and does great on the cruise. However, the embarkation process can be stressful for him and we use the opportunity to let him chill out in the cabin before muster.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Or, standing in line at guest services behind someone with FTTF who is there to remove either their gratuity or demand a refund because their cabin wasn't ready when they boarded or it took too long to get on the tender. I have had it happen many times. 

Pat

1. I am carrying 48 sodas on with me when I embark so I like to drop them off in the fridge. That way they're colder sooner than later. Plus I have a cold can to take to dinner with me. 

2. I use gift cards to pay my on board spending, so I like the dedicated line at guest services so the last night of our voyage I can go to GS and pay my balance.

3. We only use local vendors for excursions so in tender ports I like to get off of the ship ASAP to get to our excursion operator to get our day started. 

4. Embarkation day is day 1, so I don't want to wait until afternoon to board the ship. I want to get on sooner rather than later to get my cruise started. 

• Like 2

My favorite feature of FTTF has always been early debarkation. That process has been the most stressful part of cruising for me and I appreciate the ability to (sometimes) avoid the chaos of the regular self assist debarkation. My cruise in Feb will be my platinum cruise and Im not so enamoured by that in itself, but that I wont have to pay extra in order to disembark first. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

People of all status levels pull this crap. For me, it's the behavior that is frustrating, not what color thier card happens to be. Well, when its someone who has cruised a lot, you may be extra annoyed because they ought to know better. 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, quickrate said:

Or, standing in line at guest services behind someone with FTTF who is there to remove either their gratuity or demand a refund because their cabin wasn't ready when they boarded or it took too long to get on the tender. I have had it happen many times. 

Pat

There are self entitled platinum and diamonds, also.  Who hasn't had a run in with one of them?

• Like 7

59 minutes ago, quickrate said:

Pat

I would never remove my gratuities.  But if Carnival sells you the option to have your room ready when you board and they don't have the room ready what's wrong with complaining or asking for a refund?  For my 2020 cruise I shelled out $129.95 for FTTF and if I don't get what I paid for I see no problem with complaining. 

• Like 8

We ONLY purchase it when:

- We have tender ports. I book local venders, like someone said previously. I want to get to the meeting and get it started ASAP. 

- our kids cruise with us. Quicker boarding, less waiting, straight to the cabin and food and pools. 

• Like 3

I specifically bought it this time because I am taking 3 first timers with me and there is a tender port.

I want to make sure they get all the time in they can, so it was worth the extra.

Usually I get it if I happen to see it, but I don't stalk it waiting for one to open up.

I'm surprised it hasn't sold out yet for our cruise over Christmas, usually goes pretty quickly.