Private Sale pricing doesn't show up for me but does for my wife (same Mariner level)

MisterBill99

I've noticed that whenever I check the HAL site after receiving a Private Sale mailing, I never see the pricing listed in the flyer (and when I login the prices never change from what I saw when it didn't know who I am). I recently booked a cruise for next month and my TA was able to get special Mariner pricing when she entered our numbers but I still did not see it on the HAL site. A few days ago I created a HAL login for my wife (to see if it made any difference) and lo and behold when I look at cruises it now shows "Private Fare" and she has some lower prices than I do. I've read other posts that say how some people do get lower private fares than others, even if they are lower Mariner levels. But it seems odd that the offers would show up for my wife and not for me (we are both 2* with the same number of nights) given that the mailings always have both of our names on them. Sadly, the cruise I booked no longer seems to have special pricing so I can't see if the website would have shown the same price we booked at.

Is there any way to fix this on my account or should I just get in the practice of logging in with her id to see the cheaper prices? Or is it really possible that she gets the private fare offers and I don't?

BTW for anyone who wants to test what they have, here is a link to a cruise with private pricing. I see $359 Ocean View pricing for her (as Private Fare) and $429 for me (as Restricted Fare, same as without logging in). She also has a cheaper inside fare, $349 vs $399 for me. Verandah pricing is the same.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/find-a-cruise/A9E07A/D930.html

Did she get a mailer from HAL regarding the Private Sale?  If so, I understand the situation - it is just for her.  If not, that is a bit concerning as how is one to know without trying both names - makes no sense.

I get the same as your wife but I already knew there were private fares available to me until the end of today I think.  My husband gets private fares when I don’t and vice versa.  It’s normal.

CD2016E1-47CF-444D-B19A-E762EA0454CB.jpeg

We’ve had that happen also. 

The most infamous was several years ago when I was booked solo and after my final payment DH got a private sale for an incredibly lower (solo) price for the same level cabin and cruise.😝

This brings up the question of who determines who gets them?  I'll bet it's been well over a year (maybe two?) since either of us have received any "private fare" emails.  We're about to become 4 Star Mariners, sailed twice in suites on 15 and 20 night cruises last year and have 3 more booked, also in suites, between now and next March, at 14, 40, and 28 nights in length.  I thought maybe they stopped doing that but apparently not.  😒

22 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

I don’t get them when I have something booked.

Interestingly, for the first time both DH and I are getting private sale flyers while actually booked. Private sale offers have always stopped while booked previously.

Its kind of funny where HAL thinks DH wants to go,  and where they think I want to go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Interestingly, for the first time both DH and I are getting private sale flyers while actually booked. Private sale offers have always stopped while booked previously.

Its kind of funny where HAL thinks DH wants to go,  and where they think I want to go.

You have given me hope!

That has happened to us a couple of times - we received an email for a Private Sale and when I went to check it out, it only brought up regular prices.  I realized in order to find out what the prices were, I had to either contact HAL or my TA.  Also, if I were to book under my name and number, the price was different than if we used hubby's name first - his prices were better than mine, although we have the same number of sailing days.  Go figure!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

4 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

Did she get a mailer from HAL regarding the Private Sale?  If so, I understand the situation - it is just for her.  If not, that is a bit concerning as how is one to know without trying both names - makes no sense.

The brochures always have both of our names and Mariner numbers (or maybe just Mariner level, I forget).

Actually I just found a scan of the last one we got (courtesy of USPS Informed Delivery, a very valuable service, look it up) and it was addressed to "Leslie & William" and had only my Mariner number on it. Of course I think we threw out already so I can't actually check a sailing in the brochure. I'll have to check it out the next time we get one. 

Edited by MisterBill99

I noticed the same thing a few years ago!  I’d see MUCH better prices at times while logged in to my husband’s account than mine, although we have the same sailing history.  I’ve never been able to get an answer why, although we may have slightly different preferences checked.  We also get mailings addressed to the both of us with both our numbers, and we generally get the same emails.

This year, the only reliable way for me to know accurate pricing has been by calling in, as the website’s pricing can change from minute to minute on some sailings (into the hundreds of dollars).

Edited by syesmar

So I just got a new brochure in the mail for Legendary and Grand Voyages with both of our names and Mariner numbers on the envelope. Checked from my wife's login and saw the private pricing. Tried from mine and did not. I sent email thru the website, addressed it to technical/website problems, we'll see what they say (if they even get back to me).

For anyone wants to look, the oceanview obstructed price on this cruise should be $7599 but I saw it as $8299. I went thru a mock booking to see what would happen when I plugged in my wife's Mariner number during the booking, but it never asked for it for the 2nd person in the cabin! And there was nowhere to enter the campaign code printed on the back of the brochure, which I had hoped would fix the pricing.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/find-a-cruise/E0T35A/X047.html

15 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

So I just got a new brochure in the mail for Legendary and Grand Voyages with both of our names and Mariner numbers on the envelope.

And I thought Orlando was writing just to me!  😭 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

And I thought Orlando was writing just to me!  😭 

Not unless your first name is Mariner!

PS I forgot to add that as a result of doing the mock booking up to the deposit page, I suspect I'll now be treated to  emails asking me if I want to continue with the booking!

Edited by MisterBill99

24 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

So I just got a new brochure in the mail for Legendary and Grand Voyages with both of our names and Mariner numbers on the envelope. Checked from my wife's login and saw the private pricing. Tried from mine and did not. I sent email thru the website, addressed it to technical/website problems, we'll see what they say (if they even get back to me).

For anyone wants to look, the oceanview obstructed price on this cruise should be $7599 but I saw it as $8299. I went thru a mock booking to see what would happen when I plugged in my wife's Mariner number during the booking, but it never asked for it for the 2nd person in the cabin! And there was nowhere to enter the campaign code printed on the back of the brochure, which I had hoped would fix the pricing.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/find-a-cruise/E0T35A/X047.html

Thank you!  We are booked on this sailing.  I have emailed the PCC I work with to ask if we may qualify for the $7599 rate.  I do receive the Private Fare offers in the mail, but, have not received this one(yet).

6 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

Not unless your first name is Mariner!

That would be so cool.

1 minute ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Thank you!  We are booked on this sailing.  I have emailed the PCC I work with to ask if we may qualify for the $7599 rate.  I do receive the Private Fare offers in the mail, but, have not received this one(yet).

Good luck Florence!  This looks like a great itinerary.

• Like 1

My husband and I received this Private Sale mailing yesterday.  When I look at the pricing, I see the Private Sale pricing on my account but my husband does not.  This mailing was sent to both of us and has both of our Mariner Numbers on it.  Sounds like a glitch in the system to me.

That is too funny! I assume you checked your account and do not see the discount pricing? Did you try logging in as your travel partner's account (assuming you are not sailing as a single) to see if it's on their account?

The campaign code is HAL16933US if that is helpful.

2 minutes ago, mfanderso said:

My husband and I received this Private Sale mailing yesterday.  When I look at the pricing, I see the Private Sale pricing on my account but my husband does not.  This mailing was sent to both of us and has both of our Mariner Numbers on it.  Sounds like a glitch in the system to me.

Yes! That is the whole basis of this thread! I see it on my wife's login (which I never had created until last week since there was no reason to) but not mine! It's ridiculous!

Maybe if a bunch of us complain via the website they'll do something to fix it!

Edited by MisterBill99

6 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

That is too funny! I assume you checked your account and do not see the discount pricing? Did you try logging in as your travel partner's account (assuming you are not sailing as a single) to see if it's on their account?

The campaign code is HAL16933US if that is helpful.

This is very helpful.  Thank you.  Yes, have logged into both accounts and it is showing $8299.  I will let you know what he says.  He is out of the office today.  Thanks again!

This is very helpful.  Thank you.  Yes, have logged into both accounts and it is showing $8299.  I will let you know what he says.  He is out of the office today.  Thanks again!

BTW here is the full pricing comparison: 

INSIDE $7,299 vs $7,899
OCEAN VIEW $7,599 vs $8,299 
VISTA SUITE $13,999 vs $15,499
NEPTUNE SUITE $27,499 vs $29,999

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

BTW here is the full pricing comparison: 

INSIDE $7,299 vs $7,899
OCEAN VIEW $7,599 vs $8,299 
VISTA SUITE $13,999 vs $15,499
NEPTUNE SUITE $27,499 vs $29,999

FYI in EURO prices are (without promotion code or any special mailing)

INSIDE € 7299

OCEAN VIEW € 7799

VISTA € 14099

NEPTUNE € 25799

Here the price always includes taxes etc.