Live from the 5/14 Caribbean Princess

Host CJSKIDS

53 minutes ago, PMGS247 said:

How'd it go getting your medallion sorted out yesterday after it didn't work right away?

They eventually made a new one. Two decks had issues and they figure it was being offline for a month while in wet dock. 

15 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

So over 50% of the passengers are blue level. First cruise with Princess. 

15 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

They eventually made a new one. Two decks had issues and they figure it was being offline for a month while in wet dock. 

Glad they corrected your problem & with that many first time Princess passengers it’s like an Alaskan cruise.  Hopefully you’ll get a MTP invitation which we weren’t close to receiving on our just completed Royal cruises where the cutoff was as many as 600+ days.

I think Princess made a big mistake with the cutback resulting in a thinner lounger pad instead of a comfortable bed...wonder how Princess will spin the change that like some other recent changes it was made to benefit passengers.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

wonder how Princess will spin the change that like some other recent changes it was made to benefit passengers.

"To enhance your cruising experience, we've made the following improvements in the Sanctuary.................."

😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Wow. A younger couple just walked out of The Crown grill in gym type shorts, tee shirts and flip flops. Guess there is zero dress code on this cruise 

Dinner at Crown Grill was excellent!!!  Service and food both. They actually cooked the meat perfectly. 

Edited by Host CJSKIDS
  • Like 1

On 5/14/2019 at 12:32 PM, Host CJSKIDS said:

No main dining room open for lunch. 😢

The Coral was open for lunch when we boarded at noon, although friends were told there wasn’t a main dining room open.

GREAT BLOG

My wife Claire will be back to the CP in June. We will have spent appx. 20 cruises on Her.

My question is:

After the Crane fell on the RC ship in the Dry Dock the CP was scheduled for,  we heard the CP was rescheduled as DRY DOCK.

Later we heard it labeled Dry Dock/ Wet Dock. Was the ship actually DRY DOCKED ? They needed to cut a hole in the ship to work on the Engine(s). The propeller and the shaft (and who knows what else)  needed replacement to "fix" the horrible "vibrations". I don't know if that repair (which was scheduled for more than a year) was actually done. The problems was mostly Mid Aft.

We experienced LOUD sound and VIBRATIONS that made it impossible to sleep. After 3 days they moved us and all in all it was a great cruise. We love the CB and for a 14 year old she is still one of our favorites. Princess bends over backward to make right any problems.

Any information you may have (or get) will be greatly appreciated. If not, I will ask myself in June.

Thanks in advance,

John

25 minutes ago, Mapu said:

The production show, Fantastic Journey, lived up to its name. It was truly unique for Princess.

I’m sorry we didn’t see that tonight. After crown grill we actually watched the Marriage game show. The cruise director Matt is pretty funny!

then a cocktail at crooners and I’m sad to say back ok the stateroom by 11 am. 

1 hour ago, mcg1313 said:

GREAT BLOG

My wife Claire will be back to the CP in June. We will have spent appx. 20 cruises on Her.

My question is:

After the Crane fell on the RC ship in the Dry Dock the CP was scheduled for,  we heard the CP was rescheduled as DRY DOCK.

Later we heard it labeled Dry Dock/ Wet Dock. Was the ship actually DRY DOCKED ? They needed to cut a hole in the ship to work on the Engine(s). The propeller and the shaft (and who knows what else)  needed replacement to "fix" the horrible "vibrations". I don't know if that repair (which was scheduled for more than a year) was actually done. The problems was mostly Mid Aft.

We experienced LOUD sound and VIBRATIONS that made it impossible to sleep. After 3 days they moved us and all in all it was a great cruise. We love the CB and for a 14 year old she is still one of our favorites. Princess bends over backward to make right any problems.

Any information you may have (or get) will be greatly appreciated. If not, I will ask myself in June.

Thanks in advance,

John

I'm getting on Saturday and plan to ask - very curious myself.  And I will be looking for signs of a giant hole in the side of the ship!

9 hours ago, mcg1313 said:

The damage to the dry dock was to severe and is unrepairable. The ship was wet docked the entire time. Propeller and shaft were never an issue. Since the ship obtained a speed of 21.8 knots during sea trails, it is safe to say that the problem was fixed since the top speed was 19.9 before wet dock.

7 hours ago, BuckeyeMark said:

I'm getting on Saturday and plan to ask - very curious myself.  And I will be looking for signs of a giant hole in the side of the ship!

Not to be rude, but I hope you are being sarcastic. I'm sure the way they cut it and then welded it back, you probably won't see the difference.🙂

Hope to see you Saturday during sail-away at Outriggers.

9 hours ago, mcg1313 said:

GREAT BLOG

My question is:

Thanks in advance,

John

During wet dock one the staters on one of the electric motors had to be replaced. It was a big job. There is a large recent thread discussing this with technical information from cc poster Chang. Nothing was done with the propeller and shaft. We were on the Caribbean Princess in 2018 and did not notice any vibrations. All was smooth, but because of the problem at that time with one of the motors the maximum speed was 18 knots. This should now be fixed.

1 hour ago, cruisingpeople said:

The damage to the dry dock was to severe and is unrepairable. The ship was wet docked the entire time. Propeller and shaft were never an issue. Since the ship obtained a speed of 21.8 knots during sea trails, it is safe to say that the problem was fixed since the top speed was 19.9 before wet dock.

Not to be rude, but I hope you are being sarcastic. I'm sure the way they cut it and then welded it back, you probably won't see the difference.🙂

Hope to see you Saturday during sail-away at Outriggers.

was kidding - would be stunned to find a giant patch or band-aid on the side of the boat!

15 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Wow. A younger couple just walked out of The Crown grill in gym type shorts, tee shirts and flip flops. Guess there is zero dress code on this cruise 

Dinner at Crown Grill was excellent!!!  Service and food both. They actually cooked the meat perfectly. 

Wow ... Seriously ! 

Edited by c-boy
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, BarbinMich said:

I could be wrong but I thought the Caribbean P's initials were CB, while CP refers to the Coral Princess.

I believe that the Coral Princess is CO and Sea Princess is CP and, yes, Caribbean Princess is CB.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cruiserdru said:
I could be wrong but I thought the Caribbean P's initials were CB, while CP refers to the Coral Princess.

Yes and no. Caribbean Princess is definitely CB but CP refers to the Sea Princess.  Granted, all of this is a bit arcane and of limited value in "real life", but nevertheless, these are the official designations assigned by Princess 

To see this, open the link to a given ship on the Princess website and note the two letter identifiers in the web address for each ship.  

fullsizeoutput_920.jpeg

Edited by Ep010835
  • Like 2