NO LONGER PERMITTED TO BRING GUESTS TO THE COASTAL KITCHEN FOR DINNER ON THE ALLURE

7 minutes ago, HOSKI said:

Question, if I'm in the Junior Suite and my kids are in an inside are they allowed in CK?  We don't have anything right now like that but thought it would be helpful for other families to have the answer.

On our current sailing a Pinnacle couple sailing in an Owners Suite were not allowed to bring their daughter that was sailing in a balcony cabin. This was confirmed by the Coastal Kitchen hostess.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, STANMELB said:

On our current sailing a Pinnacle couple sailing in an Owners Suite were not allowed to bring their daughter that was sailing in a balcony cabin. This was confirmed by the Coastal Kitchen hostess.

What was the age of their daughter?

From what I have read if the kids are minors they will be allowed, if they are adults they won’t be.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, island lady said:

Awww John...only Pinnies and Junior Suites?  Can't I get in as well just sailing in a lowly GS and not Pinnie?  😉 😄

Hope you are having a fantabulous cruise...say "Hi" to Sandy for us.  We board Mariner on 6/3...little trip before heading up to Maine.  BTW...very sad news (for me anyway).  "Miss Kitty" passed away last Friday.  😞 

Sorry to hear that. 😿🌈

8 hours ago, HOSKI said:

Question, if I'm in the Junior Suite and my kids are in an inside are they allowed in CK?  We don't have anything right now like that but thought it would be helpful for other families to have the answer.

Technically, only the guests in the JS would have access to CK.  Actual experience may vary.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, ShillyShally said:

I'm a dog mom myself but have been there before and know I will again and completely agree, it's tough!  Hugs!  I thought that might be your avatar, what a precious one!  

Aww thanks!  Agree...cuddle and hug them while you can, life is too short with them.  

18 hours ago, LilBlackDress said:

Very Sorry for your loss ❣️

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water, and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together...

Author unknown...

Thanks..it's one of my favorite poems.  We had a "funeral" for her when we brought her ashes back home, and read from that poem.  She is with her sister now, and playing together.  Always makes me cry....tears of love.

18 hours ago, Lionesss said:

I am so sorry for your loss.

We loss our Miss Anny at age 21 --1/2 years young.  She was the best cat ever.  Was healthy and active till the last month.

It is hard to loose someone so special................................................I am sorry for your loss.

Take care

Thanks...we had a previous rescue Tabby that lived to be 20 years old...wow...and you had Miss Anny even longer.  It's always still too short a time with them though.  The leave paw prints on our hearts for sure.  

16 hours ago, Snit13 said:

So sorry to hear this sad news.  My Cleo turned 9 in December and she seems so sad and lonely since my DH lost his battle with cancer in February.  Cleo was his therapy kitty.  Yes, cancer sucks.

Oh that's terrible.  I am so sorry for the loss of your soul mate.  Our little fur babies do give so much and ask for so little.  I can see why she would be lonely as well.  Hugs to you.  

16 hours ago, STANMELB said:

Hi Pat and Bucky,

I did say Junior Suites and above. Of course Sky and Star Class are included. Miss cruising with you and especially Bucky.

On the Allure again July, September, October and December. It would be nice if you joined us.

Yup, I missed that part, sorry....my brain is a bit foggy right now.  I am keeping my mind active, however, by spending Bucky's money on booking cruises.  Just added six to the line up.  No worries about leaving Katie behind any longer, even with a good cat sitter...it was hard to leave her for more than a week.  

We are headed to Maine this summer, and then our usual stay down in the Florida Keys this Fall travelling in the land yacht.  We are on Harmony in December...otherwise...yes would have loved to join you. 

10 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

Thought this thread was about the CK not the death of a loved animal.  And, no, I don't hate animals.  I had to have a cat put to sleep a couple of months ago.

I am glad friends are not allowed in the CK.  We pay for a suite and we expect to reap the rewards. If my friends wanted to eat there they could pay for the room that would allow them the option to eat there.  That is like buying a drink package and then sharing with a friend because they don't purchase the package.

Sorry this annoyed you.  I will try to keep on track now.

As to guests in CK....we had the unfortunate time of being seated near the door in CK one night.  One group decided to bring in their whole family in that were cruising in non-suites.  It was a large family group, of whom were constantly going in and out to go back to their cabin, the bathroom, etc.  They did not have keys...so they were knocking loudly on the door to be let back in each time.  From then on we refuse to be seated next to the door.  Extremely annoying.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, WpgCruise said:

IF IT SHOULD BE

If it should be I grow frail and weak

And pain prevents my peaceful sleep.

Then you must do what must be done

When this last battle can't be won.

You will be sad, I understand.

Selfishness might stay your hand.

But on this day, more than the rest.

Your love and friendship take the test.

We've had so many happy years

That what's to come should hold no fears.

You'd not want me to suffer.

So, when the time comes, please let me go.

Take me where my needs they'll tend.

Only stay with me until the end.

Hold me firm and speak to me

Until my eyes no longer see.

I know, in time, you too will see

It is a kindness that you do for me.

Although my tail its last has waved.

From pain and suffering I've been saved.

Do not grieve it should be you

Who must decide this thing to do.

We've been so close, we two, these years.

Don't let your heart hold any tears.

Anonymous

That was beautiful...thank you so much.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, STANMELB said:

I can't blame them John.  CK is getting so busy now, and there have been many posts by pax cruising in JS cabins that could not get reservations to dine there.  Those non suite guests take up a lot of seats.  I see it as the same, being that guests not allowed in DL, CL, and SL.  CK hostess was probably not happy having to restrict the guests, but needed to do something.  Same rules for everyone I would expect.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

What was the age of their daughter?

From what I have read if the kids are minors they will be allowed, if they are adults they won’t be.  

They did not say the age of her daughter or granddaughter. 

Checked with the Coastal Kitchen Host. He said only those sailing in suites or Pinnacles are allowed for dinner.

Only person that could make an exception was the Coastal Kitchen Manager.

1 minute ago, STANMELB said:

Checked with the Coastal Kitchen Host. He said only those sailing in suites or Pinnacles are allowed for dinner.

I would think if the daughter was sailing by herself in another cabin...she would not have been a minor.  

24 minutes ago, STANMELB said:

As it should be 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HOSKI said:

Your kids who are booked in the inside cabin are guests so the answer is no, only people booked in a JS or above or Pinnacle status are allowed in Coastal Kitchen.

Edited by dacsmom
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Yup, I missed that part, sorry....my brain is a bit foggy right now.  I am keeping my mind active, however, by spending Bucky's money on booking cruises.  Just added six to the line up.  No worries about leaving Katie behind any longer, even with a good cat sitter...it was hard to leave her for more than a week.  

We are headed to Maine this summer, and then our usual stay down in the Florida Keys this Fall travelling in the land yacht.  We are on Harmony in December...otherwise...yes would have loved to join you. 

Sounds like TA or long Med cruise is long overdue 

Glad to hear this news. Last November on Allure the CK was so crowded and loud it was not very enjoyable, we could barely carry on a conversation. Maybe they should do CK overflow at your choice of specialty restaurant if needed. 😀

3 hours ago, Espn said:

Glad to hear this news. Last November on Allure the CK was so crowded and loud it was not very enjoyable, we could barely carry on a conversation. Maybe they should do CK overflow at your choice of specialty restaurant if needed. 😀

Oasis TA was going to use Chops with the CK lunch and breakfast menus

FWIW, an Oasis ship potentially has 700+ people eligible for CK dinner before you include NSPP's. KSF programs further add to the crowds as well. I think the crowds are here to stay.

Edited by John&LaLa