NO LONGER PERMITTED TO BRING GUESTS TO THE COASTAL KITCHEN FOR DINNER ON THE ALLURE

We were on the Allure   before you (the week of May 5th).  Coastal Kitchen seating started at 5:30 pm and became full very quickly.

I cannot believe how quick the tables filled up!!

We made our dinner reservations thru the concierge before we boarded, and had a great table seating every night we were there.

We only cancelled one night for Chops, and we cancelled a couple days early to open a table up for someone else.

Of all the previous times we cruised the Allure, it has gotten better and better,  I must say CK is really living up to its expectations.

We were not disappointed and had great service and great meals.

I guess the word has gotten out.

Not surprised about guest not being allowed with how busy it has gotten.

Safe travels.

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, STANMELB said:

Presently sailing on the Allure. Only Pinnacles and those sailing in Junior Suites and above are allowed to have dinner at the Coastal Kitchen. Recent change no guests allowed.

Awww John...only Pinnies and Junior Suites?  Can't I get in as well just sailing in a lowly GS and not Pinnie?  😉 😄

Hope you are having a fantabulous cruise...say "Hi" to Sandy for us.  We board Mariner on 6/3...little trip before heading up to Maine.  BTW...very sad news (for me anyway).  "Miss Kitty" passed away last Friday.  😞 

Edited by island lady

4 hours ago, STANMELB said:

Presently sailing on the Allure. Only Pinnacles and those sailing in Junior Suites and above are allowed to have dinner at the Coastal Kitchen. Recent change no guests allowed.

Fair enough and about time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

I am so very sorry!!

Thanks...we are taking it very hard.  She was my little angel baby, did not quite make it to 16.  She is the picture on my Avatar.  Miss her terribly.  Cancer sucks.  

• Like 7

Just now, island lady said:

Thanks...we are taking it very hard.  She was my little angel baby, did not quite make it to 16.  She is the picture on my Avatar.  Miss her terribly.  Cancer sucks.  

Very sorry to hear that Pat!!!

Just now, molly361 said:

Very sorry to hear that Pat!!!

Thanks, fellow fur baby Mom.  She was my best friend and all time favorite cat.  She traveled everywhere with us in the "land yacht".  I am still expecting her to walk in the room from around the corner.  House just feels so empty without her.  

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

I'm a dog mom myself but have been there before and know I will again and completely agree, it's tough!  Hugs!  I thought that might be your avatar, what a precious one!  

45 minutes ago, island lady said:

I am so sorry.

37 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks, fellow fur baby Mom.  She was my best friend and all time favorite cat.  She traveled everywhere with us in the "land yacht".  I am still expecting her to walk in the room from around the corner.  House just feels so empty without her.  

Very Sorry for your loss ❣️

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water, and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together...

Author unknown...

Just now, Milwaukee Eight said:

I never knew Guests we’re allowed in CK that were not at least P or staying in JS+. Did something change?

We were able to bring 2 guests with us on HOTS when we had a 1BD ATS
We only brought them one night and we had asked several nights beforehand... I would have been fine if they said no... 

2 hours ago, island lady said:

"Miss Kitty" passed away last Friday.  😞 

I am so sorry for your loss.

We loss our Miss Anny at age 21 --1/2 years young.  She was the best cat ever.  Was healthy and active till the last month.

It is hard to loose someone so special................................................I am sorry for your loss.

Take care

Edited by Lionesss

25 minutes ago, LilBlackDress said:

We were able to bring 2 guests with us on HOTS when we had a 1BD ATS
We only brought them one night and we had asked several nights beforehand... I would have been fine if they said no... 

Good to know. I think every P should be allowed to bring two guests and Full Suites four. Star Class eight. 

• Haha 3

59 minutes ago, LilBlackDress said:

Very Sorry for your loss ❣️

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water, and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together...

Author unknown...

Okay you just made me cry ... 😥😥😥

• Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

So sorry to hear this sad news.  My Cleo turned 9 in December and she seems so sad and lonely since my DH lost his battle with cancer in February.  Cleo was his therapy kitty.  Yes, cancer sucks.

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Awww John...only Pinnies and Junior Suites?  Can't I get in as well just sailing in a lowly GS and not Pinnie?  😉 😄

Hope you are having a fantabulous cruise...say "Hi" to Sandy for us.  We board Mariner on 6/3...little trip before heading up to Maine.  BTW...very sad news (for me anyway).  "Miss Kitty" passed away last Friday.  😞 

Hi Pat and Bucky,

I did say Junior Suites and above. Of course Sky and Star Class are included. Miss cruising with you and especially Bucky.

On the Allure again July, September, October and December. It would be nice if you joined us.

Thought this thread was about the CK not the death of a loved animal.  And, no, I don't hate animals.  I had to have a cat put to sleep a couple of months ago.

I am glad friends are not allowed in the CK.  We pay for a suite and we expect to reap the rewards. If my friends wanted to eat there they could pay for the room that would allow them the option to eat there.  That is like buying a drink package and then sharing with a friend because they don't purchase the package.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Question, if I'm in the Junior Suite and my kids are in an inside are they allowed in CK?  We don't have anything right now like that but thought it would be helpful for other families to have the answer.

IF IT SHOULD BE

If it should be I grow frail and weak

And pain prevents my peaceful sleep.

Then you must do what must be done

When this last battle can't be won.

You will be sad, I understand.

Selfishness might stay your hand.

But on this day, more than the rest.

Your love and friendship take the test.

We've had so many happy years

That what's to come should hold no fears.

You'd not want me to suffer.

So, when the time comes, please let me go.

Take me where my needs they'll tend.

Only stay with me until the end.

Hold me firm and speak to me

Until my eyes no longer see.

I know, in time, you too will see

It is a kindness that you do for me.

Although my tail its last has waved.

From pain and suffering I've been saved.

Do not grieve it should be you

Who must decide this thing to do.

We've been so close, we two, these years.

Don't let your heart hold any tears.

Anonymous