Comedy Club Hits new Low

7 minutes ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

Yet when I mentioned "holy rollers", I wasn't even talking about cussing....  Maybe you should give up, you're making no sense.

"Holy Roller" is a term originating in the 19th century and used to refer to some Protestant/Christian churchgoers of the Holiness and Pentecostal traditions. The term describes dancing, shaking or other boisterous movements by church attendees who perceive themselves as being under the influence of the Holy Spirit. Those within related Wesleyan traditions have reclaimed the term as a badge of honor; for example William Branham wrote: "And what the world calls today holy-roller, that's the way I worship Jesus Christ."Gospel singer Andraé Crouch stated, "They call us holy rollers, and what they say is true. But if they knew what we were rollin' about, they'd be rollin' too."

4 hours ago, Seville2Cabo said:

If jokes about oral sex bothered you. Isn’t that the definition of prude.

Reading comprehension.  They said it was "the way" he was talking about it, not that he was just talking about .it.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2019 at 11:53 AM, marci22 said:

I think it's different to make fun of oneself vs others with that disability. 

On Carnival a few years ago, we heard the most offensive comedian.  He made fun of everyone...used stereotypes, especially picked on gays and African Americans.  When people started walking out, he would jump on them, name calling etc.  we were afraid to move-- it was really upsetting to me.  We actually told our transgender table mate not to go to the show, unless he was prepared for it. 

2019-- and this is acceptable??? 😢

BTW--In Ga, we cuss 😂😂

• Like 1

On 5/27/2019 at 7:12 PM, Cruzin RN said:

On Carnival a few years ago, we heard the most offensive comedian.  He made fun of everyone...used stereotypes, especially picked on gays and African Americans.  When people started walking out, he would jump on them, name calling etc.  we were afraid to move-- it was really upsetting to me.  We actually told our transgender table mate not to go to the show, unless he was prepared for it. 

2019-- and this is acceptable??? 😢

BTW--In Ga, we cuss 😂😂

No, not to me.