Jan 31 2020 Silhouette 14 Night Carib cruise has been cancelled

mahdnc

This information was just revealed on our roll call although I have yet to hear directly myself.  No reason was cited and I don't know if other sailings were affected.  Our sailing was the first cruise after Silhouette's scheduled drydock for her Revolution makeover so I am sure the cancellation is related to that

Earlier this year, the sailing had disappeared for about 3-4 weeks, but Celebrity assured us that the sailing was not cancelled--and it did re-appear for a while.  So we were not alarmed when it disappeared again last month although this was preceded by the drydock accident that occurred with Oasis in the Bahamas.

• Like 1

this was posted by @kristikae:

Dear Travel Partner: 
The Celebrity Silhouette® 14-Night Southern Caribbean sailing departing January 31, 2020, has been cancelled. Please contact your clients to re-accommodate them on another Celebrity Cruises vacation. Details of guest compensation and other information is below. 
Guests currently booked on the sailing who are interested in similar itineraries can be rebooked on these sailings in like accommodations at the protected/lowest available rate. 
Celebrity Silhouette 
12-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise departing December 1, 2019 
9-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise departing December 13, 2019 
12-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise departing April 5, 2019 
Celebrity Reflection® 
10-Night Ultimate Caribbean Cruise departing November 29, 2019 
11-Night Ultimate Caribbean Cruise departing March 23, 2020 
10-Night Ultimate Caribbean Cruise departing April 3, 2020
Celebrity EquinoxSM 
10-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise departing April 11, 2020
Your clients are free to rebook any Celebrity vacation they choose. Those who rebook will receive a 50% Future Cruise certificate per stateroom. 
Guests who incur a fee due to the change in their airline reservations will be reimbursed up to $300 per person. A faxed copy of the air fees assessed must be provided.
If a guest chooses not to rebook, a full refund for amounts paid will be processed to the original form of payment, and the above offer of compensation is no longer valid.

4 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

No Feb 2020 sailings in the compensation offer

I understand that the February sailings on Reflection are already very heavily booked due to the “absence” of Silhouette.

21 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

this was posted by @kristikae:

Dear Travel Partner: 
The Celebrity Silhouette® 14-Night Southern Caribbean sailing departing January 31, 2020, has been cancelled. Please contact your clients to re-accommodate them on another Celebrity Cruises vacation. Details of guest compensation and other information is below. 
Guests currently booked on the sailing who are interested in similar itineraries can be rebooked on these sailings in like accommodations at the protected/lowest available rate. 
Celebrity Silhouette 
12-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise departing December 1, 2019 
9-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise departing December 13, 2019 
Celebrity Reflection® 
10-Night Ultimate Caribbean Cruise departing November 29, 2019 
11-Night Ultimate Caribbean Cruise departing March 23, 2020 
10-Night Ultimate Caribbean Cruise departing April 3, 2020
Celebrity EquinoxSM 
10-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise departing April 11, 2020
Your clients are free to rebook any Celebrity vacation they choose. Those who rebook will receive a 50% Future Cruise certificate per stateroom. 
Guests who incur a fee due to the change in their airline reservations will be reimbursed up to $300 per person. A faxed copy of the air fees assessed must be provided.
If a guest chooses not to rebook, a full refund for amounts paid will be processed to the original form of payment, and the above offer of compensation is no longer valid.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

Yes, how are they going to manage that one 🙄?

31 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cruisers on the Millenium have posted that the officers related that the "Revolution" dry dock timeline was too short.  Thus, some work had to be done after the drydock and some of the upgraded cabins had some flaws.

So perhaps Celebrity has decided to give the Silhouette "revolution" dry dock more time.  If so, anyone who scheduled a future cruise on a ship following its "revolution dry dock" could be disappointed.

First cruise after a dry dock is always a risk. This sailing was born because of a drydock schedule change. It is dead because of another one. 

14 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Somebody at Celebrity really hates 14 night Caribbean cruises😢

I guess they don’t produce the revenue they want or they are less popular.  As a cruise line Celebrity still markets many 14+ night sailings (Baltics and other European itineraries in particular).

1 hour ago, Toftwood said:

I guess they don’t produce the revenue they want or they are less popular.  As a cruise line Celebrity still markets many 14+ night sailings (Baltics and other European itineraries in particular).

Unfortunately they are much more expensive per day than Caribbean cruises. Also lots of flying for us Floridians who can just drive to the ship for a Caribbean cruise !!!

My TA sent me a complete copy of the email from Celebrity which goes on to say the following  

To assist you with any changes and to rebook your guests, a special desk has been established. It opened on Thursday, May 16, 2019, and will remain open until Thursday, May 30, 2019. The re-accommodation offer for you and your clients will be available during this time.

Does this mean we only have until May 30th to get any of the benefits stated in the beginning of the email.

How about us who were planning to take the cancelled cruise as part of a B2B?  Taking one of those other cruises mean additional airfare and other expenses making the 50% off less valuable.

And they are really screwing us over on rebooking options.  The cruises they list are not comparable (not at all the same itinerary, which included the beautiful ABC islands), nor are they in the same timeframe (not offering any January or February options).  There ARE comparable cruises in January and February, but they are highly priced so we are not getting the option of rebooking those at our current rate.  Very, very, very unfair of Celebrity.

1 minute ago, cruisestitch said:

My travel agent was told that it had been chartered. I actually doubt that. I think it is related to the drydock. But that’s just my gut feeling.

I agree with your gut.  The cruise was sold out.  Why in the world would they cancel for a charter.  I also believe it is related to the dry dock.  If it was chartered, I would seriously consider never sailing Celebrity again after 51 cruises.  I know that can happen, but to do that at this late date to this special cruise would be a serious, serious slap in the face to the passengers booked.

2 hours ago, Toftwood said:

They are extremely popular!  I think it is all about revenue.  14 night Caribbean cruises get a lot of us older folks, who are not as inclined to buy photos, purchase drink packages, eat too often at specialty restaurants, buy jewelry onboard, etc.., etc..