Guaranty Balcony

We sail 6/8 on AOS .  We normally pick our room-but this time We booked a guaranteed balcony.  When do you normally get your room assignment?  Also- on other cruise 

lines on our  booking reservation we see our dinners selection- 1sr seating, 2nd or anytime.  RCL doesn’t put this info on i your reservation.  Do I need to call to confirm that  we have our desired dining  preference?

TIA

Cabin assignment can be anytime, even up to the day of the sailing.

My Booking Confirmation from RCCL always shows my dining assignment.  It's in the Guest Information section, with my name, age range, C&A number, etc. 

RC has definitely been delaying the publication of the cabin number on a guarantee reservation.  I'm sailing at about the same time as you and I haven't found out yet either.

I agree with brillohead.  Your dining assignment should be on your official RC invoice.

8 hours ago, dcruisers said:

We sail 6/8 on AOS .  We normally pick our room-but this time We booked a guaranteed balcony.  When do you normally get your room assignment?  Also- on other cruise 

lines on our  booking reservation we see our dinners selection- 1sr seating, 2nd or anytime.  RCL doesn’t put this info on i your reservation.  Do I need to call to confirm that  we have our desired dining  preference?

TIA

If you booked direct with RC, you can use this automated number to get your booking confirmation: 866-562-7625, press #4

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

A month ago we booked 2 guarantee balconies on Oasis for this Christmas.  They were both assigned 2 weeks later.

I have clients that booked around the same time on different ships that are still waiting.

Still totally unpredictable. 

That's interesting. Thanks for sharing! Everyone on my roll call was assigned at exactly 30 days. 

12 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

That's interesting. Thanks for sharing! Everyone on my roll call was assigned at exactly 30 days. 

Your assignments make sense as it was same ship and sail date.  Different ships and sail dates could very well be different. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

A month ago we booked 2 guarantee balconies on Oasis for this Christmas.  They were both assigned 2 weeks later.

I have clients that booked around the same time on different ships that are still waiting.

Still totally unpredictable. 

Are you able to share what type of balcony they received? We booked our first guarantee balcony for March 2020 on Harmony. Currently the available options are only for boardwalk or ocean view, with a significantly higher number of oceanviews left.  I’m happy either way just curious to hear what others received since it sounds like I’ll have a really long wait to find out 😊

3 minutes ago, tvlworm said:

Are you able to share what type of balcony they received? We booked our first guarantee balcony for March 2020 on Harmony. Currently the available options are only for boardwalk or ocean view, with a significantly higher number of oceanviews left.  I’m happy either way just curious to hear what others received since it sounds like I’ll have a really long wait to find out 😊

Depends on what categorie you booked - they have ocean view guarantee and neighborhood guarantee....👍

2 minutes ago, tvlworm said:

We booked the XN (neighbourhood balcony) fully expecting to receive a CP balcony and that’s what we got.  Called and changed the 2 cabins to a more preferable location side by side.

this was a no brainer for us as we had been in inside staterooms and were able to upgrade for $200 per cabin

did you book an XB (Oceanview)  or XN (neighbourhood)