Mardi Gras roller coaster the BOLT

OK now how many cannot wait to ride it at full speed 40 mph. Am I the only one?

I will be 74 when I cruise on that ship and I want to get on that coaster real bad. They better not limit the age.

My cruise concealer who is in her 40s wants no part of it. My wife is a maybe. 

Others I talked to about it think I am crazy. May be. I will not go on it only once either. I hope it scares the beegees out of me. I can use a bit of excitement in my later years. Personally, I loved the old wooden coasters. Shook and seamed like they were always ready to fall apart. The noise they made. remember the click, click, click while climbing for that first drop. This one I am sure will be very quiet except for the wind and someone behind you screaming. I love it. How about you?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

If we ever sail on the Mardi Gras, I'd ride it, but I don't expect it to be that much of a rush after one or two rides. The initial ride, knowing you're on a coaster on the deck of a cruise ship, high above the ocean, will be a new thrill, but for people who really like roller coasters, I feel like the novelty will wear off.

We have been coaster enthusiasts for years.  What bothers me the most about this one is what happens when it breaks down mid track?  How many of us have seen where coasters fail and they had to use cherry pickers to get the riders off of the cars.  Will they have something onboard to get the passengers off of the cars if they do break down mid track?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

can't believe there haven't been any, "if I wanted to get on amusement park rides I'll go to six flags" post yet from the CCL fandom.

There were sure plenty of them when RCI and NCL were introducing things like this.😋

I’d  be in that group. I probably wouldn’t ride this. I didn’t do the sky ride on Vista. But if the kids are like I was as a kid they’ll want to ride it over and over and over which keeps them away from the guys burger line. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

We have been coaster enthusiasts for years.  What bothers me the most about this one is what happens when it breaks down mid track?  How many of us have seen where coasters fail and they had to use cherry pickers to get the riders off of the cars.  Will they have something onboard to get the passengers off of the cars if they do break down mid track?

one would hope as it would not be much of a cruise to spend days up there with no way down

12 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

Amusement parks employ specially skilled mechanics and engineers to maintain and repair their roller coasters. Even though the Bolt is on a much smaller scale, I can't help but wonder if Carnival's willing to employ similarly skilled crew to make sure this thing is handled properly or if they'll just "use who they've got." With something like this, even though it's slower than traditional coasters, they can't afford to cut corners.

Me stuck in the middle of the track: "I'M OHH KAYYY! TOSS ME UP A GUY'S BURGER!!"

• Haha 3

Amusement park rides? Really? If it bothers you that much. Well they do have Celebrity and Princess ships for you and many others that have nothing on them. Great ships for you to cruise one. Bumper cars, Ferrari Go Carts, Rope walking, rock climbing walls, rollerskating, ice skating and on and on. The Bolt is just one more. As was mentioned. Does not take up much real estate at all. That is a good thing. If I end up dying on it. Well, it was fun. I just hope I do not die before i can ride it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/22/2019 at 5:40 PM, twodaywonder said:

Hi Twodaywonder ☺️

I'm looking forward to giving the Bolt Sea Coaster a try during my 15-night voyage on Mardi Gras.

Also, it appears as there will be an additional cost to ride Bolt. I'll drop it below. 

48f3cb5f-0548-4d86-b006-b6ef875183d3-ori

Above info located @: https://www.carnival.com/onboard/bolt-ultimate-sea-coaster

🌴

Edited by PortSideCruzan

Currently it will be FREE. I think they said IF there are to many to ride and a log line causes problems. Then they will need to charge. Do not remember where I read that. I will pay it. 

https://www.clickorlando.com/travel/first-at-sea-roller-coaster-is-coming-here-s-what-it-will-look-like

2 hours ago, PortSideCruzan said:

Hi Twodaywonder ☺️

I'm looking forward to giving the Bolt Sea Coaster a try during my 15-night voyage on Mardi Gras.

Also, it appears as there will be an additional cost to ride Bolt. I'll drop it below. 

48f3cb5f-0548-4d86-b006-b6ef875183d3-ori

Above info located @: https://www.carnival.com/onboard/bolt-ultimate-sea-coaster

🌴

Wow, thanks for posting that! Was only a matter of time for Carnival to change the rollercoaster cost from 'included' to 'additional'. Having a fee might be a good thing.

On 5/23/2019 at 5:51 AM, RWolver672 said:

What bothers me the most about this one

is what happens when it breaks down mid track? 

How many of us have seen where coasters fail

and they had to use cherry pickers to get the riders off of the cars. 

Will they have something onboard to get the passengers off of the cars

if they do break down mid track?

While hanging out over the ocean...?

Should be 'fun'!

bolt_carnival rollerCoaster.jpg

On Carnivals web site indicating what is not included with your cruise price. A long list but this is now positive. How much. I cannot find that.

The following services are not included in the cruise price:

·       BOLT Ultimate Sea Coaster (featured on Mardi Gras)

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 5:40 PM, twodaywonder said:

I will be 74 when I cruise on that ship and I want to get on that coaster real bad. They better not limit the age.

My cruise concealer who is in her 40s wants no part of it. My wife is a maybe. 

Others I talked to about it think I am crazy. May be. I will not go on it only once either. I hope it scares the beegees out of me. I can use a bit of excitement in my later years. Personally, I loved the old wooden coasters. Shook and seamed like they were always ready to fall apart. The noise they made. remember the click, click, click while climbing for that first drop. This one I am sure will be very quiet except for the wind and someone behind you screaming. I love it. How about you?

Ive been to dozens of theme parks and probably rode over 100 roller coasters in my life and ive never seen an age limit. I don't even think that's legal. They do the whole "don't ride if you are pregnant or have heart problems" but that's kinda common knowledge. I'm hoping there's no height or weight restrictions because I'm 6ft5 and over 300 but I went on the sky bike on the Vista with zero problems so we'll see.