Live from the Divina Yacht Club or Not...

nikkiw60

4 minutes ago, emmas gran said:

Hi

I would go and get the gift certificate you may be able to keep for one of your future cruises if you don't see anything, also there is a free?? gift

Liz, I went to see the future cruise person yesterday and he confirmed the April Bellissima is full for Yacht Club but I am going to call the Travel agency we booked with when we get back to see if they are holding any cabins.

Be very careful with any EFFY offerings - I was offered a very, very special discount (just for me!) on a ring, priced at around €1300 for a little over €400 - eventually, having rejected all the other discounts, 'til we got down to the bottom price.  We were also invited to a similar "VIP" event, where I would have received a "free" gift - I didn't bother.  Everything's way over-priced just so they can offer "amazing" discounts.

18 minutes ago, sverigecruiser said:

Since the cruise is in Europe where champagne normally shall mean champagne, can we assume that they really will give you complimentary champagne? (I guess not!)

We were given champagne in EFFY at one of their "events".  I don't remember the name - it wasn't one that the ship offers.

4 hours ago, nikkiw60 said:

Now the whiskey tasting! It wasn’t top shelf or malt  but it was a lovely gesture! And we were both bemused by the measures!

41291EEC-9A03-4CF2-99C1-20A7BA04FA5B.jpeg

408F8AF6-CE60-4FF3-9403-7971171A6E89.jpeg

Wow!!!!!  Huge pours!!!  Looks lovely!!!!  Do you like whiskey Nikki??

Edited by GRANNYOFSIX
Added a sentence

4 hours ago, nikkiw60 said:

Re the upgrade, another thought is that last year when we were booked to sail on the infamous Vegan cruise, we were contacted by MSC asking if we would be willing to cancel and book for another time. 

Which as you all know we did even though it was at the last minute and this could be on our passenger records?  

Also we had an issue with a tour being rubbish which we mentioned at the desk and as a gesture they sent wine and canapés to our cabin. After we went to thank them for the gesture and they made a note of who we were etc?

i am just thinking of reasons.

All really good reasons!!!  Just glad they chose you and Matt 🙂

30 minutes ago, nikkiw60 said:

No! But I like to smell the peaty ones!

I'm not a whiskey drinker at all.....don't even like to smell it......my Mom used to enjoy a shot of whiskey every night around 6:00pm........she said it would kill germs.........ha ha ha......

34 minutes ago, nikkiw60 said:

I am just thinking that when I do a live from in October we will have to make it a joint one...

Would be fun, but I don't post pictures or even write on any social media when we are away.  I don't want anyone except family and friends to know that we aren't home.......just a silly fear I have..........but I LOVE your LIVES!!!  You do an amazing job!!!!  Have a great day Nikki!  I hope Matt feels good when he wakes up........been there, done that........not fun........  Last time we were in Key West I totally ruined our excursion as I "didn't feel well"................whew, the bumpy roads did me in..........what a shame.......have a great day!!!!! 🙂

Edited by GRANNYOFSIX
put words in

Nikki-- your thread is quite helpful and timely for us as we are going to book in coming days

Looking fwd to seeing it ourselves

Can you comment on the placement of the YC staterooms that are farthest back--the ones that butt up to the wall/moveable roof to the public pool on the other side.

When looking at various deck plans... and having not sailed MSC before...

Are those rooms subject to foot traffic/noise from entering YC?

Having a hard time determining what is YC pax traffic/what is YC staff spaces (deck plans are more detailed that X which we appreciate) and what-how the YC is separated from the rest of the ship.

Clear as mud?

Will those have noise from the public space on the other side of the wall? elevators? bathrooms? roof? Foot traffic into YC

In you opinion-- where do you prefer to book your stateroom and why? I read many are happy with top deck and there is no noise from above. Is that correct? Very light sleeper here so we avoid being under a spa/gym and treadmill noise 

TYIA and thank you for taking time out of your sailing to report back to us CCers

10 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

Nikki-- your thread is quite helpful and timely for us as we are going to book in coming days

Looking fwd to seeing it ourselves

Can you comment on the placement of the YC staterooms that are farthest back--the ones that butt up to the wall/moveable roof to the public pool on the other side.

When looking at various deck plans... and having not sailed MSC before...

Are those rooms subject to foot traffic/noise from entering YC?

Having a hard time determining what is YC pax traffic/what is YC staff spaces (deck plans are more detailed that X which we appreciate) and what-how the YC is separated from the rest of the ship.

Clear as mud?

Will those have noise from the public space on the other side of the wall? elevators? bathrooms? roof? Foot traffic into YC

In you opinion-- where do you prefer to book your stateroom and why? I read many are happy with top deck and there is no noise from above. Is that correct? Very light sleeper here so we avoid being under a spa/gym and treadmill noise 

TYIA and thank you for taking time out of your sailing to report back to us CCers

Our cabin is 15032 next to the entrance which is a sliding door. We have had no problem with noise at all. I will post a photograph of the cabin layout later.