Live from the Divina Yacht Club or Not...

nikkiw60

A funny each time I ask for a glass of Chablis they keep bringing Champagne instead... complain ? Moi!

customer service desk I am on my way! How dare you give me champagne!

• Haha 3

Nikki

Noted in YC is "access" to the specialty restaurants. Does that mean there is no fee for YC pax?

Also-- when you first started with MSC--did you do your status match first (we'll be black) or the reservation first. I understand we'd get 5% for the status match and don't want to leave money on the table. At the same time we could "lose" our room choice if we wait til we are matched and then book. kwim?

TYIA  Enjoy the bubbly!

6 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

Nikki

Noted in YC is "access" to the specialty restaurants. Does that mean there is no fee for YC pax?

Also-- when you first started with MSC--did you do your status match first (we'll be black) or the reservation first. I understand we'd get 5% for the status match and don't want to leave money on the table. At the same time we could "lose" our room choice if we wait til we are matched and then book. kwim?

TYIA  Enjoy the bubbly!

You still need to pay for the speciality restaurants but you actually don’t need to go to them if you have Yacht Club, also if you are Black you should get a complimentary meal for 2 in one of them.

We haven’t had the invite for this as yet btw but we have no time to do it and the steak was so good yesterday...

Really the status match we did after we had booked our first cruise we didn’t bother chasing the discount on the first one as didn’t seem right to us.

• Thanks 1

Just now, sidari said:

Nikki ... Did you have an embarkation photo? If so was it left in your room ?

They didn’t do it with us no photographer when we boarded. I know where you are coming from though as was a bit sneaky how they did that on Seaside!

Yes it was on Seaside, a form of forced selling in a way seeing as they don't do it with others taken on the ship. 

I can understand first timers wanting to buy them but after twenty odd cruises we don't tend to bother because many of the photographer's are not that good, in fact there is one South African guy who was good, after Kerry told him how she wanted the photos taken.

2 hours ago, nikkiw60 said:

Our cabin is 15032 next to the entrance which is a sliding door. We have had no problem with noise at all. I will post a photograph of the cabin layout later.

Hope these pictures help?

3000C2C8-D472-4665-985C-3D9C96C67246.jpeg

20D70C78-A93E-4A6A-908E-375C6804C4E4.jpeg

98229AAD-AEF4-4A1B-9ABB-20D972D23335.jpeg

02D2D223-BB4E-46F0-9283-FD0CE44994C5.jpeg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nikkiw60 said:

A funny each time I ask for a glass of Chablis they keep bringing Champagne instead... complain ? Moi!

customer service desk I am on my way! How dare you give me champagne!

Don’t forget to start your stopwatch as you enter the queue. 

Tell everyone in the queue what the problem is very LOUDLY. 

SHOUT as loud as you can at the crew.

Demand to see the supervisor’s supervisor’s Manager. 

You don’t want a ‘poxy’ bottle of champagne as a gesture of goodwill. 

Let them know if it happens again you will be straight back. 

Tell everyone on CC your never going on MSC again....... (Until your next 2 cruises shhhh don’t tell anyone)

Loving your review Nikki but feel sorry for Matt with them proper Whiskey measures... Sláinte 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Have just called by the Black Card Party 1st one I have been to! About 10 people there. Got the chocolate ship... The hotel director remembered me which is a bit worrying!

Also met the assistant purser who will also be on our Meraviglia cruise in October.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nikkiw60 said:

Have just called by the Black Card Party 1st one I have been to! About 10 people there. Got the chocolate ship... The hotel director remembered me which is a bit worrying!

Also met the assistant purser who will also be on our Meraviglia cruise in October.

Can't believe there were only 10 people there!!!!  Crazy!!  How many chocolate ships did you receive?  We did not go to the Black Party in January.  Two ships were delivered to our cabin 🙂  Ut Oh.....remembered by the hotel director......just kidding......You do make an awesome impression on people Nikki ............your Miami Vice looks so refreshing!!!

Well with the help of Nikki's thread, the many MSC devotees...we just booked 2 MSC YC sailings

Pretty excited about it too

joined a Big Box because the TA handles MSC and ours doesn't. 

Will status match after our B2B in Sept.

TY everyone. We are excited

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GRANNYOFSIX said:

Can't believe there were only 10 people there!!!!  Crazy!!  How many chocolate ships did you receive?  We did not go to the Black Party in January.  Two ships were delivered to our cabin 🙂  Ut Oh.....remembered by the hotel director......just kidding......You do make an awesome impression on people Nikki ............your Miami Vice looks so refreshing!!!

Try doing a Caribbean cruise, get there early or get no seat all thanks to status match.

6 hours ago, nikkiw60 said:

Matt has just noticed this! We are going to be moored off the coast for a few hours!

image.jpg

My blurb says we get to Palma at 13.30 but has no indication of what time we leave?  Not using too much fuel ️ on that route! 

9 hours ago, little britain said:

My blurb says we get to Palma at 13.30 but has no indication of what time we leave?  Not using too much fuel ️ on that route! 

Ok, we have just got back into a data area, well we had when I started typing this! We have had shuttle tickets left in our cabin for Palma for if we want to use them at €12.99 each. The first shuttle is at 13.30 and the last one back is at 23.00.

Also tonight is the White Party.

We had an interesting dinner last night with 2 of the young pursers. 

There was one other couple with us off Cruise Critic Sue and Neil from California it was their first time on MSC.

I do not know what happened to the other people who had registered on the roll call!

• Like 1

Morning Nikki -was dinner good? I mean food as we aren't sushi fans 

We were in 15033 on Preziosa other side to you by the exit door and a couple of nights we were woken by a "door banging noise" and the night butler said it was the pool being emptied on 14.

Is it tonight there is the Buffet in One Pool, funny how MSC get things all on the same night.

Hi Liz, the sushi was good but I disgraced myself in that I was unable to use my chopsticks and had to have a knife and fork! I had bought a  pair of training ones for before we do the Asian cruise... Matt is fine with them though!

The future cruise chap is trying to sort out the cabin on Bellissima so thank you for that!

The buffet is tonight but the weather is not looking good...

Hi Liz, the sushi was good but I disgraced myself in that I was unable to use my chopsticks and had to have a knife and fork! I had bought a  pair of training ones for before we do the Asian cruise... Matt is fine with them though!

The future cruise chap is trying to sort out the cabin on Bellissima so thank you for that!

The buffet is tonight but the weather is not looking good...