Thoughts on Infinity

screwsmcernst

We are thinking of taking our adult kids (23 & 30) and their SO on a family cruise in January, 2021.  We have never been on Infinity, and I was wondering if it is as great as Summit?  We have sailed X many times, and it is our cruise line of choice.  I know Infinity is going into dry dock at the end of 2020 so she will be all pretty and new.  Just wondering if there is anything that would be good to know specifically about this ship.  Thanks.

Edited by screwsmcernst

I've sailed Infinity a number of times and enjoy her.    The main thing you should probably know is the M-Class ships are smaller than the S-Class and offer only limited Specialty Restaurants - Sushi on 5, Tuscan and Qsine (or La Petite Chef).  She is a very comfortable size ship and been well maintained.  

We sailed on Infinity in September 2017.  It was our first Celebrity cruise, and it was amazing - in fact, we decided to stick with Celebrity now for the time being based on this cruise.  At one time, we sailed an "older" Carnival ship (Paradise) as a fun birthday present for our daughter.  As an "older" Celebrity ship, the difference was night and day compared to the Paradise experience.  True, it doesn't have all the features of the S-class ships, but it didn't sway our opinion at all.  It was very clean, well maintained, beautifully decorated, and service was terrific.  What more could we ask?  Ok, maybe a Murano???  😆  Will be sailing another "sister", the Constellation, this November in the Mediterranean.  Enjoy your cruise!

The Infinity, Summit, Constellation and Millenium are sister ships so basically identical.  We have been on the Infinity & Constellation multiple times and all were great.  If you liked the Summit I can’t think of any reason you wouldn’t like the Summit.

We just returned from our Med cruise on Infinity (May 17th) and we loved it.  Yes, she's a bit wrinkly but she's holding her age well.  Food was very good as was service.  My biggest complaint was the beds (very, very uncomfortable) but that will be addressed in her dry dock.  Just take a look at Summit now and you can imagine what Infinity will look like.  Enjoy!

I spent 9 nights (B2B) on Infinity in March-Aqua class. I absolutely loved the ship. Only my second time on an M class ship, but have sailed numerous times on S class ships. I found the ship easy to get around, staff was, as has been reported frequently ,  very pleasant, helpful and eager to please.

Infinity isn’t scheduled to have her Revolution upgrades until 2020. My cabin was in the best shape of any cabin I have been in, on Celebrity, in the last five years. That includes Sky and Celebrity Suites.  No spots on the rug or the sofa, furniture had a few dings, but nothing awful. The bathroom was very clean and well maintained. However the tile floor could have used a little grout work. Everything plumbing related worked and worked well.  A/C was very efficient. The rest of the ship, in terms of carpeting, chairs, tables, etc was well maintained and, again, I saw very few spots or damage. There were areas  in the ships structure, such as balconies and exposed deck areas, that were showing rust. But again everything was immaculately clean. Frankly, it was as clean a ship as I have experienced in along time.

We sailed on Infinity in a sky suite 3 years ago and loved it. There's an itinerary we like in the Med with Infinity prior to her dry dock. I've read reviews about a smell of mildew in rooms and this scares me because having been on Connie twice and developing skin rashes both times... is it the water? Cleaning agents? Love both ships, but want to be sure they're in ok shape. Pics are of what we encountered in sky suite on Connie a few weeks ago. I'm not a very picky person, but maintenance can be a health issue, so it makes me pause. Your experience? Thoughts? Thanks so much.

IMG_1480.JPG

IMG_1479.JPG

IMG_1481.JPG

We were on the Infinity in April for a short cruise. Our cabin was immaculately clean but there were some stains on the couch and the bathroom looked old and worn. The decor is obviously dated - lots of mirrors, burgundy and gold. Everywhere we went was clean and maintained although the furniture in many places was showing its age. Many of the chairs in the Constellation lounge were threadbare as were the seats in the Celebrity theater. But they were adding new outdoor furniture while we were aboard. 

We had been on Summit previously and really like the size and layout of this class of ship. Big enough but not huge, easy to navigate, enough private spaces. One criticism is that the spa is lacking in "relaxation" spaces. I booked a facial and didn't even get offered a locker in the locker room - had to change in the treatment room - and there was no lounge to sit and wait for your turn. There were some chairs by the fitness rooms but I was not offered time in the Persian Garden (which seems like a nice idea but there is no view or anything - I found it a little claustrophobic when we toured through there).

If you keep in mind it's an older ship and come with expectations that the decor will not be new or up to date you will enjoy it. The service and food are pretty much the same no matter what ship you are on. 

56 minutes ago, lorimay said:

We were on the Infinity in April for a short cruise. Our cabin was immaculately clean but there were some stains on the couch and the bathroom looked old and worn. The decor is obviously dated - lots of mirrors, burgundy and gold. Everywhere we went was clean and maintained although the furniture in many places was showing its age. Many of the chairs in the Constellation lounge were threadbare as were the seats in the Celebrity theater. But they were adding new outdoor furniture while we were aboard. 

We had been on Summit previously and really like the size and layout of this class of ship. Big enough but not huge, easy to navigate, enough private spaces. One criticism is that the spa is lacking in "relaxation" spaces. I booked a facial and didn't even get offered a locker in the locker room - had to change in the treatment room - and there was no lounge to sit and wait for your turn. There were some chairs by the fitness rooms but I was not offered time in the Persian Garden (which seems like a nice idea but there is no view or anything - I found it a little claustrophobic when we toured through there).

If you keep in mind it's an older ship and come with expectations that the decor will not be new or up to date you will enjoy it. The service and food are pretty much the same no matter what ship you are on. 

Decor isn't a big deal as compared to itinerary, and we're used to the food and service - all ok with us. But plumbing issue that creates rust coloured water, or unhealthy air coming through vents - those are my deal breakers which is why I ask.  Stains - depends how bad and what they're from, but not a good thing either.

On Infinity the bathroom was older looking but we did not have rust-colored water, water that smelled "off" or highly chlorinated, or any other issues. And the cabin smelled "normal" - not like cleaning products. In fact, we had cruised on an RCCL ship the month before and the cabin had a very metallic smell that did not go away the whole trip and made me nauseous. I did not experience that at all on Infinity. As for the stains on the couch, I tried to remove them with a anti-bacterial wipe and could not get them to come out. So they were permanent. No clue what they were. But it was only a few spots and while I was a little grossed out, it wasn't enough to bother me the whole cruise.

We were on the Infinity a month ago and found her to be in good shape. The food was amazing, as was the service. You could tell by looking at the hull though that she was in need of a dry dock. There were rust spots and stains in the aft section of the hull.

The crew as always was amazing. I would not hesitate to cruise on her again.

Edited by sail2day
Misspellled word

19 minutes ago, sail2day said:

We were on the Infinity a month ago and found her to be in good shape. The food was amazing, as was the service. You could tell by looking at the hull though that she was in need of a dry dock. There were rust spots and stains in the aft section of the hull.

The crew as always was amazing. I would not hesitate to cruise on her again.

Thanks so much 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

I think I just booked my first X cruise last night!  Waiting to hear back from my TA (very brief sale and she had a very limited # of cabins but includes some good perks).  I've been wanting to sail X for a while (have >30 cruises total, mostly on Carnival but a few on HAL, 2 MSC, 1 each RCI & NCL).

I'm usually solo these days since DD grew up and got married, so I have more flexibility, but I try to keep costs as low as I can.  And I'm probably moving to Florida in the not-too-distant future, so booking a short cruise is OK since I won't have the added cost of flying.

Infinity seems like she'll be the sort of ship I prefer.  I'm not into the newest, largest ships out there (did love HAL's Koningsdam, which is large for their fleet but not in comparison to some other lines).  And nice to read that she'll be going into dry dock next year since our sailing isn't until spring 2021!

Anyway, I'm excited.  Hope it happens!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

I think I just booked my first X cruise last night!  Waiting to hear back from my TA (very brief sale and she had a very limited # of cabins but includes some good perks).  I've been wanting to sail X for a while (have >30 cruises total, mostly on Carnival but a few on HAL, 2 MSC, 1 each RCI & NCL).

I'm usually solo these days since DD grew up and got married, so I have more flexibility, but I try to keep costs as low as I can.  And I'm probably moving to Florida in the not-too-distant future, so booking a short cruise is OK since I won't have the added cost of flying.

Infinity seems like she'll be the sort of ship I prefer.  I'm not into the newest, largest ships out there (did love HAL's Koningsdam, which is large for their fleet but not in comparison to some other lines).  And nice to read that she'll be going into dry dock next year since our sailing isn't until spring 2021!

Anyway, I'm excited.  Hope it happens!

As you know now, we are booked, so it is happening!!

On 6/1/2019 at 7:01 AM, LEESRE said:

Sorry to hijack this post but for anyone that is going or recently been on Infinity can you get a kettle in your stateroom, please.

Not on US/Carib sailings

Have only once had a kettle in our room--a Baltics sailing from Southampton

We did summit last year in sky suite , infinity this year in celebrity suite and also sky suite, infinity is definitely in need of a retrofit , but not bad enough to stop me from booking it again in February, nothing terrible.