Carnival Magic Seafood Shack?

taram999

There definitely is, we just booked Sept Magic cruise and it was listed. 

not sure where it is, i'm sure folks will help out shortly.  I've only seen one seafood shack on CCL and it was in a weird spot, up a stairwell from part of the buffet seating area if i remember correctly. 

4 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

What is sad. I was free right above the buffet on the next deck.

not sure what you are saying? anyway

We loved the Seafood Shake ate there several times. My wife loves raw oysters and had several dozen. The Lobster Roll was delicious. We did not order but the peel and eat shrimp plate was huge. 

I won’t say it’s nickel  and diming, but they certainly removed a very popular free venue which we enjoyed to add a “for fee” venue that we will never use. But it won’t keep us from booking Carnival. I can only hope they lose money on this, and replace it with something useful! 

6 minutes ago, cruisinpips said:

I won’t say it’s nickel  and diming, but they certainly removed a very popular free venue which we enjoyed to add a “for fee” venue that we will never use. But it won’t keep us from booking Carnival. I can only hope they lose money on this, and replace it with something useful! 

I agree. I will miss the Tandoor. I doubt I will buy anything at the Seafood place.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Is it because of the additional cost?

I'm  allergic to shell fish and I don't know what else they have. But since you seem to be so concerned about my spending habits, we have steak house reservations and we'll probably have dinner at the Italian restaurant at some point of the cruise.   I always have at least 1 latte a day at the coffee shop also. 

1 minute ago, Butterbean1000 said:

I'm  allergic to shell fish and I don't know what else they have. But since you seem to be so concerned about my spending habits, we have steak house reservations and we'll probably have dinner at the Italian restaurant at some point of the cruise.   I always have at least 1 latte a day at the coffee shop also. 

Oh wow, I hope you enjoy it!!

13 hours ago, cruisinpips said:

While not a tandoor fan, I will say that mostly I saw crew there, more than cruisers, but that observation is def not scientific, just what I recall.

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to the Seafood Shack, i'll probably splurge on some oysters and the lobstah roll.  I'm a big seafood fan so this is a fantastic addition in my book.  (disclosure: never tried the Tandoor and probably never would, but I recognize many folks probably enjoyed that too)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cruisinpips said:

I can only hope they lose money on this, and replace it with something useful! 

too you? The Seafood Shack always had customers, can't be a huge profit center anyway.  

15 hours ago, cruisinpips said:

I can only hope they lose money on this, and replace it with something useful! 

Seafood Shack is on 12 different ships and has been on some of those for years.  The cruise line would’ve removed the restaurant by now if it wasn’t profitable. As someone already said, there are enough cruisers who wouldn’t mind paying extra to eat there. 

1 hour ago, Erik101 said:

As someone already said, there are enough cruisers who wouldn’t mind paying extra to eat there. 

I am positive CCL charges to prevent waste like all the food you see thrown away at the hog trough buffets.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

So I suppose you have to pay extra for this "experience"?  Nickel and dime again.....

We all know that NCL is the KING of nickel and Dime and RCCL is second, but a valiant try none the less....