Chef's Table tipping

1emerald1

I have never done the Chef's Table but am hoping to on an upcoming cruise.  For those of you have experienced this who all do you tip?  I would plan on tipping my server, but do you also tip the Maitr d' and/or head waiters?  Thanks.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gvre said:

We have done 2 and we always give an extra $20-30 to them.

Just curious, when you say "them" to whom are you referring? 

We have done several Chef's Table meals on different ships and at each one there have been at a minimum the Chef, Maître d, a Head Waiter and or the assistant Maître d , a variety of sous chefs and other cooks/chefs/food preparers, and at least two waiters and an assistant waiter.  If you are tipping extra to each of those folks that can be a bit pricey, nice but pricey.  

While we personally do not tip extra at the Chef's Table we have in the past sent a thank you card to the Chef and his staff as well as one to the Maître d and his staff thanking them for a wonderful evening.

19 hours ago, 1emerald1 said:

I have never done the Chef's Table but am hoping to on an upcoming cruise.  For those of you have experienced this who all do you tip?  I would plan on tipping my server, but do you also tip the Maitr d' and/or head waiters?  Thanks.

I do not tip any of the Chef’s Table staff.  It is not necessary.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

7 minutes ago, 1emerald1 said:

So there is no added gratuity on your ticket?

No.......I have never seen one.

It was the straight CT charge which is slightly different (more $) between the Chefs Table Luminaire on the Regal/Royal/Majestic versus the regular CT on all the other Princess ships.

It is a dinner not a drink.

13 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

No.......I have never seen one.

It was the straight CT charge which is slightly different (more $) between the Chefs Table Luminaire on the Regal/Royal/Majestic versus the regular CT on all the other Princess ships.

It is a dinner not a drink.

Thank you.

• Like 1

It costs enough as it is. Would never tip. This used to be what you would get in the dining room 20 years ago. 

The cost is too

much. Done it a few times.lasts too long and way too much food. Would not do it  again. 

Would prefer smaller portions. Keep the quality 

On 6/16/2019 at 3:29 PM, 1emerald1 said:

We didn't tip and we didn't see anyone else tip either.  Honestly, it never crossed my mind to tip them.

A bit off topic but...haven't been on Princess in a few year's and new to Chef's Table.

--Is it worth it?  What is the cost?

--How do you book this?  Can you do it through the cruise personalizer pre-cruise or do you have to wait and do it on line?

--Is it offered only once on a cruise (will be on a 16 day cruise)?

3 minutes ago, vakamalua said:

A bit off topic but...haven't been on Princess in a few year's and new to Chef's Table.

--How do you book this?  Can you do it through the cruise personalizer pre-cruise or do you have to wait and do it on line?

My Husband and I did it on the Regal last summer for the first time and loved it.  It is quite a production and a lot of food but so worth it.  At some point we will do it again.  You book it on the dine line or go to the pursers desk, which is what we did, as soon as you arrive.  We were on an 11 day cruise and it was offered twice.

16 minutes ago, vakamalua said:

Cannot book pre cruise.

It is offered based on cruise length and interest.

7 day cruise usually once. 16 day twice maybe 3?

I have seen it offered several times on longer cruises and other cruises not at all.

It is up to the MD and Executive Chef.

Once onboard inquire asap with one of the following......... MD/Asst MD/Head Waiter.

Sometimes it will be listed in the Patter but don't wait for that.

12 person max per dinner. If they don't get enough they won't do it.