Aqua cabins on Deck 11 of Millennium

mom23guys

Bummer!  We are booked in 1141 on the Summit next week.  We were excited when it was available when we booked months ago.  If we can’t use our balcony due to noise I’ll be a regular visitor to the HD.   BTW who is the HD, hopefully one we know.

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Bummer!  We are booked in 1141 on the Summit next week.  We were excited when it was available when we booked months ago.  If we can’t use our balcony due to noise I’ll be a regular visitor to the HD.   BTW who is the HD, hopefully one we know.

Don't fret....it's a wonderful cabin and if there is noise at times, there's quiet at other times.  You'll have plenty of time to enjoy your very large balcony.  

enjoy your cruise....

1 hour ago, ghstudio said:

Don't fret....it's a wonderful cabin and if there is noise at times, there's quiet at other times.  You'll have plenty of time to enjoy your very large balcony.  

enjoy your cruise....

Thanks!  We will but it will disappointing if we can’t enjoy a quiet nightcap on the balcony watching the wake.  

Jelaine, I hope you get back to us to tell us your thoughts.  TIA. 

What on earth are they doing to Celebrity? They're spending all kinds of money to screw it up!  If we don't enjoy this cruise in 1140 to the fullest, we will be cancelling our 30 days next March and choosing river cruising instead which is certainly not a hardship.

Edited by TeaBag

15 hours ago, warmwinds said:

Our next (and possibly final) AQ stay will be on the PRE-revolution Infinity in 1140

We have this cabin booked in March 2020. If you are going before then, I'd love to hear your experience (good and bad). Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, killsport said:

We have this cabin booked in March 2020. If you are going before then, I'd love to hear your experience (good and bad). Thanks in advance!

We're going in Dec. of this year so will report back...not sure when Infinity is being Hoppenized but I know we're supposed to be before, and I've stayed in 1138 twice before (right next to 1140, angled balcony) and I already know how great those cabins are.  I can tell you we do feel that the movies are bad (why do they have to be so LOUD??) but depending on what it is sometimes it's funny (they always seem to be loud bang bang shoot em up movies, no rom coms), but you can't hear it inside your cabin.  And we like hearing the (usually nice) music coming up from the Sunset Bar below.  Only other negative is we had trouble with our sliding door slamming open and shut (and possibly locking you out) so we would stick a magazine to tighten it while we were outside.  Love the location of the quick stairs to the buffet and sunset bar.

I expect the Infinity to have a little more wear and tear since it is just before drydock but that doesn't bother us.

If you're going after Hoppenization all bets are off.  I am just hoping and praying that they will rescind some of the stupid things they've done with the other ships (like the small 1 1/2 person sofa rather than the regular loveseat) before they ruin all the ships.

• Thanks 1

We had 1118 on a recent Constellation cruise.  Large balcony with footstools.  They were nice for the couple of days that we were able to sit out there.  We could hear the movies playing both outside, and inside near the dressing table area. 🙎‍♀️   I complained on the Celebrity survey.  You would think with getting complaints for the last couple of years, Celebrity would cut the sound down. 👎

I said I would come back and report our experience with the aft facing cabins & noise.

we boarded yesterday and are in 1141.  Both yesterday & today a duo has performed in the Sunset Bar beginning at 4:30-6:30.  Sitting in our cabin with the door closed we can hear them clearly.  The vocalist has a high pitched voice, which to me, is like fingernails on a chalkboard.  

There has been 1 movie during the day and again at 7pm so while  I could hear some occasional sound from the movie it isn’t a problem.  As long as the latest movie starts at 7 or so it’s not a problem.

Other observations:

Storage is lacking, particularly hanging storage.  We are not heavy packers and we asked the cabin attendant to remove the wood hangers and supply metal to maximize space.  The shorter hanging cabinet is too short to hang men’s shirts or some of my tops without them puddling.  3089B193-81CD-430A-8E3D-84B8CCC8342B.thumb.jpeg.38a1f7a59f55a0f99a7ba3c621164a99.jpeg485352F8-2C5D-4E88-9838-621A8DDF7CA4.thumb.jpeg.849fe23b2b865d764f7ac6936b37ae34.jpeghad We the robes removed as they took up valuable space. I had hoped the cubes we used in the overhead bins on the Sclass ships would fit the shelves but the shelves are shorter.  

Getting around the bed is challenging as the space between the foot of the bed and wall is about 18” however the TV juts out about 4” from the wall.  

Stools at the Martini Bar are about 1-2” too short, feel like a child sitting at the bar.

Oceanview is very inviting, and while they didn’t drastically change the layout, the addition of a few islands and the addition of the communal seating tables are excellent. 

Overall we like the look of the interior changes, still like the a Edge a bit of form over function.  Unfortunately the exterior still has lots of rust, peeling paint, doors that don’t work properly.

• Thanks 1

Jelayne, did you feel that there was diminished privacy with the slats below?  I was recently on the Summit, and I actually stood below those cabins and looked up - I stood below the slats and also went all the way to the rail and looked back and up - I think you have to really, really want to try and peer up into those balconies, and I found most people sitting below could care less.  I'm interested in an actual report from someone in those cabins.

Sometimes the performer can be a nice mellow guitarist, sorry you got a screecher :(

In addition to the items already mentioned, one of the things we disliked most about the deck 11 M-class aft cabins was the obstructed downward view.

Those cabins are located a good distance away from the rear of the ship, and a very large deck extends out right below their balconies.

It is a much greater obstruction than a lifeboat below a balcony would be. 

You cannot not look down the back of the ship to the water,  but only out into the distance.

In Alaska, passengers couldn't even see the whales that were right behind the ship from those balconies but needed to go down to a lower deck to see them. 

We have enjoyed stern balconies on lower decks of M-class ships, but found the ones on deck 11 very disappointing.

1 hour ago, varoo said:

In addition to the items already mentioned, one of the things we disliked most about the deck 11 M-class aft cabins was the obstructed downward view.

Those cabins are located a good distance away from the rear of the ship, and a very large deck extends out right below their balconies.

It is a much greater obstruction than a lifeboat below a balcony would be. 

You cannot not look down the back of the ship to the water,  but only out into the distance.

In Alaska, passengers couldn't even see the whales that were right behind the ship from those balconies but needed to go down to a lower deck to see them. 

We have enjoyed stern balconies on lower decks of M-class ships, but found the ones on deck 11 very disappointing.

I'm not sure I agree with this (the disappointing part).  I've been in afts on the M-class on decks 7, 8, and 11, and I think each of those looks down on the deck below (at least partially) before the view out to sea (and the ever-fascinating wake).  I believe the ONLY deck that has an unobstructed view of the water are the Penthouses on 6.  I have never felt on 7, 8 or 11 that the view was obstructed in any way.  

I sort of get your point of looking straight down, and I've been on balconies on the sides where you can look straight down, but I still prefer the aft views.

Edited by warmwinds

14 hours ago, jelayne said:

I said I would come back and report our experience with the aft facing cabins & noise.

we boarded yesterday and are in 1141.  Both yesterday & today a duo has performed in the Sunset Bar beginning at 4:30-6:30.  Sitting in our cabin with the door closed we can hear them clearly.  The vocalist has a high pitched voice, which to me, is like fingernails on a chalkboard.  

There has been 1 movie during the day and again at 7pm so while  I could hear some occasional sound from the movie it isn’t a problem.  As long as the latest movie starts at 7 or so it’s not a problem.

Other observations:

Storage is lacking, particularly hanging storage.  We are not heavy packers and we asked the cabin attendant to remove the wood hangers and supply metal to maximize space.  The shorter hanging cabinet is too short to hang men’s shirts or some of my tops without them puddling.  had We the robes removed as they took up valuable space. I had hoped the cubes we used in the overhead bins on the Sclass ships would fit the shelves but the shelves are shorter.  

Getting around the bed is challenging as the space between the foot of the bed and wall is about 18” however the TV juts out about 4” from the wall.  

Stools at the Martini Bar are about 1-2” too short, feel like a child sitting at the bar.

Oceanview is very inviting, and while they didn’t drastically change the layout, the addition of a few islands and the addition of the communal seating tables are excellent. 

Overall we like the look of the interior changes, still like the a Edge a bit of form over function.  Unfortunately the exterior still has lots of rust, peeling paint, doors that don’t work properly.

Jelayne, 

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this!  After reading this I feel much better about our choice for our November cruises.  It's too bad you don't have a nice guitar player at the Sunset Bar.  I hope the noise level from the movies continues to not be a problem and that you have a wonderful cruise.

Sue

16 hours ago, warmwinds said:

Jelayne, did you feel that there was diminished privacy with the slats below?  I was recently on the Summit, and I actually stood below those cabins and looked up - I stood below the slats and also went all the way to the rail and looked back and up - I think you have to really, really want to try and peer up into those balconies, and I found most people sitting below could care less.  I'm interested in an actual report from someone in those cabins.

Sometimes the performer can be a nice mellow guitarist, sorry you got a screecher 😞

Yesterday morning the waiter serving pastries saw me on the balcony,  called out to me suggesting I come down and get a pastry.  Everyone looked up and started waving.  Yes privacy not great wish they had left the canvas cover over tge Sunset bar.

Thank you for getting back to us with your comments, Jelayne.  I do hope there will not be movies starting late, but I hear that the sound does not carry much into the cabins.  Enjoy your cruise.

• 3 years later...
On 6/18/2019 at 10:20 PM, maggie.1008 said:

We were in cabin 1122. In cabin 1105 I would think your balcony would be the same size. 

Maggie, we booked Cabin 1122 on the Connie for next Feb. Can you tell me if the ed is near the bathroom or the veranda doors?

45 minutes ago, hiplbl said:

Maggie, we booked Cabin 1122 on the Connie for next Feb. Can you tell me if the ed is near the bathroom or the veranda doors?

This is an old thread. In case she does not see this, the beds do not alternate on M class ships. Bed is by the bathroom.

• Thanks 1

I can't speak to the aft facing cabins, but we have sailed several times on the side AQ cabins on Deck 11, generally those further forward.  We never had any noise issues.  On occasion, when sitting on our balcony, we could hear the movies above us, but as a muffled background noise which did not bother us at all.  In warm sailings, we did have an issue with the lack of an overhang.  On our last cruise in March to the Caribbean we rarely could use our balcony because of the sun shining down and the heat (and we love sitting out there, reading and just watching the sea go by).  I would not hesitate to book those cabins on cooler sailings like Alaska, but I would think twice before booking them again in hot regions.