Favorite Ship Class and Feature

ishap

Definitely the Dream class.  It's not too big or too small.  I like the layout, the theater, and the comedy show lounge.   I like how the chairs are arranged on the pool deck where we can grab two chairs near a door under the shade, yet still have a view of everything going on.  I like being able to lounge on the promenade deck.  After my husband and I cruised on larger and smaller ships, we realized this is the perfect size for us.  Our least favorite class is Vista.  We would go smaller before we would go larger than the Dream class.

Ship class in general for me would be Spirit class. They are the perfect size and the layout is awesome. I also love Serenity being in the aft and having its own pool!

I have 2 favorite ship features...the Tpool in the spa of Dream class ships, and the Havana area of Vista class ships. 

9 minutes ago, ishap said:

Interesting.  I've never been on a spirit class...why is this serenity area best?

It has a pool, hot tub and bar at the back of the ship away from the wind you experience in the Serenity decks that are forward. Also has a nice shaded area if you want to get out of the sun.

Not sure what class of ship but we absolutely LOVED the Sunshine this past spring break.  They had three level serenity area with it's own pool.  Carnival staff were there sending kids OUT and it was amazing.  Any other ships with this layout? 

4 minutes ago, maryhou said:

Not sure what class of ship but we absolutely LOVED the Sunshine this past spring break.  They had three level serenity area with it's own pool.  Carnival staff were there sending kids OUT and it was amazing.  Any other ships with this layout? 

Yep, she is the Sunshine class! I love her too!

3 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

It's interesting how people's tastes are different.  We've been on the Sunshine twice and it is our least favorite.

My least favorite class by far is the Splendor class. Absolutely hated the pink decor and the lack of newer amenities. 

Favorite amenity I think is going to be Havana. Favorite thing I’ve experienced is ocean plaza on the sunshine. 

Favorite food: breakfast- blue iguana arepas. Lunch- blue iguana shrimp taco salad. Dinner- chocolate melting cake. Drink- hurricane wave. 

Favorite ports- curacao and Roatan 

17 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

My least favorite class by far is the Splendor class. Absolutely hated the pink decor and the lack of newer amenities. 

Before I sailed the splendor I heard all the complaints about the pink. When I got on it, it took me several days to even notice it. 

Favorite classes in order are Dream, Spirit and Conquest.

Favorite feature on any ship is the Serenity area on Spirit class ships. By far the best Serenity areas in Carnival’s current fleet.  The adult only pool, when they enforce it, at the aft of Conquest class ships is also one of our favorite places to hang out during the day. 

Spirit Class definitely. We  have sailed on the Legend and Miracle several times and find them so easy to navigate. We select the French Door cabins because they are considered Interiors, so cheap fares, but have a wall of windows and a couch which regular Interior cabins do not have. It's an obstructed view, but who cares as long as I have natural light and a couch at a much lower cost than an Ocean View or above.

Another vote for the Spirit Class. The ships are laid out very well. You can walk from front to back on any deck. These ships never feel crowded and I've sailed on them for New Years and spring break, and as mentioned several times above, the best Serenity's of the fleet. 

• Like 2